Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 07:39 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Rumor: Creed & Butker getting new deals

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:37 AM   #61
In Pat We Trust

I saw more pancake plays by Smith his first year here than the last few years combined. Not sure if he's still crushing dudes regularly and I'm just not seeing it or if his production has dropped since that first year. I know he has been hurt once or twice.

On a related note, I wish the Chiefs would start to trade some of these dudes as opposed to just letting them walk. Veach has proven he can draft. I would love to collect picks even if it meant losing out on a year of production from guys like Gay, Bolton and Smith.
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #62
DeadPunisher

So, I may be completely crazy, but I can see Creed and Smith both staying on the best deal the Chiefs can offer, because they will recognize the benefits of playing with Mahomes, and playing with their best friend.

I have a feeling that Trey Smith is going to work for the Kansas City Chiefs for the rest of his life, even after football. I feel like the way he talks and some of the things he has said in the many interviews I have seen, makes me feel like he just wants to be a Chief.

Or, I'm just letting my optimism leak out.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #63

If Karloftis' ascent to superstar happens this year (like I think it will) that 5th year option is so, so huge. Same w/ McDuffie (who is already elite).

Thuney's money/age combo doesn't make sense to Veach after this year, so he's likely gone.

Big questions are obviously going to be Smith & Bolton. If either of Nourzad or Hanson look like a stud in camp & preseason, that would make the Smith decision very easy on paper, despite the nostalgia factor.

Bolton is the tougher one for me. I don't see how we let him walk if he has another healthy/elite year. I do bet he tests the market as DJLN suggests, but I'd really like to find a way to keep him for that second deal. Could he be a tag candidate? I imagine the LB tag is affordable....

Other 2025 notable names:

- Justin Reid
- Charles Omenihu
- Hollywood Brown
- Noah Gray
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #64
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
If Karloftis' ascent to superstar happens this year (like I think it will) that 5th year option is so, so huge. Same w/ McDuffie (who is already elite).

Thuney's money/age combo doesn't make sense to Veach after this year, so he's likely gone.

Big questions are obviously going to be Smith & Bolton. If either of Nourzad or Hanson look like a stud in camp & preseason, that would make the Smith decision very easy on paper, despite the nostalgia factor.

Bolton is the tougher one for me. I don't see how we let him walk if he has another healthy/elite year. I do bet he tests the market as DJLN suggests, but I'd really like to find a way to keep him for that second deal. Could he be a tag candidate? I imagine the LB tag is affordable....

- Justin Reid
- Charles Omenihu
- Hollywood Brown
- Noah Gray
Think they’ve done a good job preparing for this.

Justin Reid—>Jaden Hicks
Charles Omenihu—>FAU
Hollywood Brown—>Xavier Worthy
Noah Gray—>Jared Wiley
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:20 PM   #65
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Good and good, if true.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Justin Reid—>Jaden Hicks
Charles Omenihu—>FAU
Noah Gray—>Jared Wiley
Agreed! Just gotta hope the young guys make these decisions easy on Veach.
Old Today, 12:44 PM   #67
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
So, I may be completely crazy, but I can see Creed and Smith both staying on the best deal the Chiefs can offer, because they will recognize the benefits of playing with Mahomes, and playing with their best friend.

I have a feeling that Trey Smith is going to work for the Kansas City Chiefs for the rest of his life, even after football. I feel like the way he talks and some of the things he has said in the many interviews I have seen, makes me feel like he just wants to be a Chief.

Or, I'm just letting my optimism leak out.
Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Even in Smith is willing to work with the Chiefs on a contract, its still unlikely that it happens because signing Smith is going to cost you something. And that something is probably Karloftis or McDuffie. And lets be honest there two, keeping both of those guys isn't going to be easy either.

Trey Smith, even on a team friendly deal, is going to cost you around 20M a year. He's going to get paid what he's worth. Its not like he's going to play for 10M. Veach in the front office have to slot contacts by year, he's worried about the entire pie, not just every piece individually.

Even is Hollywood Brown blows up, its still going to be difficult to bring him back, even if he's willing to another one year contract because its all coming out of the same pot of money, which is why the Chiefs ability to draft is so damn important to the run they are on.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #68
Three-Pat

For anyone who undervalues Bolton need to remember who we had before him (Hitchens). He is a very valuable player for this team. Two years ago he’s a half step from being SB MVP. Also in the last SB on the critical third down stop around the 2 minute warning where McDuffie blitzed and broke up the pass, that was a call Bolton approved. Spags was on record saying that he suggested that play to Bolton and he agreed and that was the call.

Not saying that they should overpay him, just that is a position they should avoid going cheap on as well.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #69
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Justin Reid—>Jaden Hicks
Charles Omenihu—>FAU
Noah Gray—>Jared Wiley
Hopefully Norzad is good enough, too.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:48 PM   #70
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
I saw more pancake plays by Smith his first year here than the last few years combined. Not sure if he's still crushing dudes regularly and I'm just not seeing it or if his production has dropped since that first year. I know he has been hurt once or twice.

On a related note, I wish the Chiefs would start to trade some of these dudes as opposed to just letting them walk. Veach has proven he can draft. I would love to collect picks even if it meant losing out on a year of production from guys like Gay, Bolton and Smith.
Guys in their 4th year have tons of surplus value (rookie salary versus the cost of a similar replacement FA). Think Sneed at $2.7M last year vs. his $19M AAV Titans contract. Gonna be difficult to impossible to get that back in trade.

Plus, that strategy would increase roster turnover every year. Lot more rookies for the coaches to bring up to speed.
PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:50 PM   #71
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
Non-zero chance he retires early to pursue his passion in motivational speaking.
Belize that
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #72
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Butker's a distraction and rule changes have made kickers fungible. I think spending a premium on him is a mistake.

Creed's not a perfect center but you have to have continuity if you want to protect the best QB in the league.
Terrible troll job on Butkicker.
PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.PatMahomesIsGod ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #73
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Butker's a distraction and rule changes have made kickers fungible. I think spending a premium on him is a mistake.

Creed's not a perfect center but you have to have continuity if you want to protect the best QB in the league.
He's only a distraction for morons....
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23 PM   #74
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post

- Justin Reid
- Charles Omenihu
- Hollywood Brown
- Noah Gray
If Karlaftis goes to full on superstar as you say here....they'll probably look to pay him way before he gets to the 5th year option. Same with McDuffie.

I'd guess they both may end up extended ASAP if they continue on the track they're on.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If Karlaftis goes to full on superstar as you say here....they'll probably look to pay him way before he gets to the 5th year option. Same with McDuffie.

I'd guess they both may end up extended ASAP if they continue on the track they're on.
Literally every time I watch McDuffie play or even do an interview I walk away even more impressed with that dude. One of the best picks of the Veach era, and that's a very high bar. Fantastic player and incredibly solid person by all appearances. Needs to be a Chief for life.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.