Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2024, 02:33 AM  
Veteran

How do you guys feel about eventually dying?

I have these random I guess you can call “episodes” where i have this almost out of body experience where i start saying to myself, you’re just you, you’re literally just you, and start thinking about how minuscule i am and then it eventually leads to how i am so fearful of dying one day. I understand I wasn’t around for the Korean War, or world war 2, or the Roman Empire, and that makes sense, since I simply wasnt existing, but now that I exist, the thought of me not existing, and quite frankly never being able to exist again terrifies me. I went to a religious school for a few years and went to church etc, but science tells me that my body make up is unique, and just being born is winning the lottery in its own right. As nice as it is to think my body protrudes this soul is going to rise up and say what up Jesus am I in? or my very unique dna that can profile me as a murderer is going to somehow leak out of my dead composing body, and makes its way into some other woman’s vagina to again try to fight off another 1 million other contestants (assuming dad didn’t jerk off that day) just really gets to me that I have this one chance and this limited, aka very limited time to live a good life. I have a good life mind you. Great wife, supportive family, 2 kids now, great house, but this whole death thing just makes me say sometimes like, wtf man, I want to experience this love and life forever, why does it gotta be so short. Just would like to hear your guys’ thoughts on the manner. Thanks.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-26-2024, 12:41 PM   #61
Has a particular set of skills

I’m good with how I spent my time on this earth. I’ve got to experience a shit ton in this life. No regrets. Doesn’t mean I accept death or won’t fight it tooth and nail. But, I can’t complain about what I got to experience.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:31 PM   #62
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

It doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is OTHERS dying....my parents, my wife
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:33 PM   #63
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I think it’s from everything I see and read on the internet. I feel like so many people are dying, constantly. I’ve had several people my age I use to party with pass away. Hell, I was just reading about that PGA Grayson Murray. Not sure if this makes any sense, but I feel like death is becoming more and more common.
We’re living longer than ever. You’re just having to see the death of every single person you’ve ever met because of social media. Don’t let that mess with your head. Be healthy and make good choices, you’ll be around a lot longer.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:50 PM   #64
On Hiatus

After my heart attack in 2022, I got the real wake up call.

I don't fear death as I know it is an inevitability.....but like BRC, I am not in a hurry to go. I DO HOWEVER, value each day more dearly than before....

I love more....try to give back in the time that I have left....I don't sweat the little things that used to irritate me and send my BP skyrocketing. I look at my wife and kids with different eyes...
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:38 PM   #65
Fight, build, win!

Why dwell on this? It's inevitable and the first second you are born you start the clock on the dying process.

I choose to live my life day to day but full well know there may be no tomorrow. That is out of my control.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:01 PM   #66
pie is never free

Can't say I'm a big fan of the idea... as much of a struggle as life can sometimes be, I still kinda prefer things remain as they are

It's weird though, back in my 20s 30s and even 40s it was rarely given any thought... Who me? well dang I'm too young to die!

But once I hit 50 it all changed, like my old buddy always says... You've seen the best of it
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:21 PM   #67
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
...and start thinking about how minuscule i am...
You're not "miniscule". Think about this. The one and only ETERNAL being in existence, GOD, thought of YOU specifically! God thought of you and wanted you to be a part of his family and of his kingdom and so he created you! Miniscule? Not even close! God knows everything about you and is guiding your path, including you creating this thread!

Luke 12:7 esv
Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered...

This life is about being prepared, molded, and refined for the life to come in God's Kingdom and God has a MAJOR job awaiting you!

It's normal to fear death but please remember this:

Ecclesiastes 7:1
...and the day of death better than the day of birth.
K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:22 PM   #68
Starter

"Is Consciousness Produced by the Brain?" by Dr. Bruce Greyson, University of Virginia (he leans towards the answer being no, that consciousness is not produced by the brain, and the brain is more like a receiver that you have tuned into, like a channel on a TV or radio station) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGZSC8odIU

Last edited by Chiefsfan1; 05-26-2024 at 03:36 PM..
Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:29 PM   #69
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
There was a great movie in 1991, a light comedy about what happens when you die called "Defending Your Life".
Excellent movie and very reassuring!

A movie I recommend to watch with your children to help them with their belief and faith is "Heaven is for Real", based on a true (hopefully) story.
K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:33 PM   #70
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclark View Post
Stage 4 cancer and Parkinson’s…I’m ready.
But my family is not.
I watched one granddaughter graduate high school last week and a grandson get confirmed in our Church the week before.
The kids are growing up and it’s a blessing to share with my wife while I’m still here.
But my body is worn out.

sec

May God give you peace and strength, my brother. Have faith in your faith. Your job here is almost over and soon you will be transformed into perfection and will be glorified in paradise! Don't worry. It's going to be beyond amazing!
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:36 PM   #71
Starter

Quote:
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks about death. I constantly think about it, daily to be honest. Life really is short, kind of scary.
Because you are wise.

Ecclesiastes 7:4 esv
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:38 PM   #72
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I need to make it at least until 2036

I got my dividend spreadsheet done this morning and in December 2036 my dividends should be at $1,728,314.08 PER MONTH

I'm really eager for this too.
Matthew 6:19-21 esv
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust[a] destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:44 PM   #73
Starter

Quote:
I think it’s from everything I see and read on the internet. I feel like so many people are dying, constantly. I’ve had several people my age I use to party with pass away. Hell, I was just reading about that PGA Grayson Murray. Not sure if this makes any sense, but I feel like death is becoming more and more common.
Again, you are wise to contemplate your eventual end here. It humbles you, which is what God wants us to do. We must recognize that, without God, we don't exist. What is the meaning of life? Why are we here? To become one with God!

Matthew 18:4 esv
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:28 esv
When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:47 PM   #74
MVP

Meh. When its time its time
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:53 PM   #75
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
... but it does make me wonder if I should be doing more...
Love God the Father with all your heart! After all, EVERY good thing in your life is a gift from God. Your parents, spouse, children, animals, nice things, etc., are ALL from God.

Love God. Follow Jesus. Obey his commandments and love and help your fellow man. This is all that one needs to believe and do to be a faithful follower of Jesus. Nobody needs to be a theologian or attend some church.

Matthew 36-40 esv
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”