Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #7336
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
The overwhelming majority of people under 65 that don’t have an underlying condition don’t need to go to the hospital for this.
That's not true at all. As has been posted in this thread and reported in the media, people between 20 and 54 (going on memory) make up a significant number of people hospitalized.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #7337
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
This is not even remotely true.

It's believed the hospitalization rate for this virus is around 10%.

This was a bad flu season and the hospitalization rate for the flu was 0.00061%.
Solid post.

The mortality rate may stay “low” but many cases of this require hospitalization for full recovery. If the case number spikes and the hospitals can’t manage this treatment, more people die. Hope that isn’t your loved one who can’t receive care when the hospitals are overwhelmed.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #7338
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I don't no but I have friends who work in hospitals. They know way more than you or I and they keep me informed.

Use a little common sense. You think our politicians are closing every thing down for fun?
Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina may be doing it so he can get rich off of short sales. But I presume that there are others who are doing it for legitimate reasons.

Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina is a piece of **** and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #7339
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Hey, think of his 401k will ya?
This isn’t about my 401k, asshole. I’m going to be fine.

This is about those that won’t be fine and can’t afford to be out of work for any amount of time.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #7340

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
This isn’t about my 401k, asshole. I’m going to be fine.

This is about those that won’t be fine and can’t afford to be out of work for any amount of time.
There's no way around this. We either pay now, or pay later. We're so stubborn though that we may end up doing both.

What's your alternative? Just let it spread and infect millions of people? It's pretty clear at this point that this thing is fairly contagious. If you let it infect 75-100 million people you're talking millions of people in the hospital. How's that going to work? That's going to ruin people's lives either way.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #7341
In Search of a Life

All these celebrities and nba guys testing positive with no symptoms

I think this shit is everywhere and the majority is asymptomatic which is good
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:18 PM   #7342
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
That's not true at all. As has been posted in this thread and reported in the media, people between 20 and 54 (going on memory) make up a significant number of people hospitalized.
posted the CDC report and a article hour or so ago

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/18/...ot-invincible/
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #7343
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

Could be and yes that would be, sorta.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #7344
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Right on the heels of the Lakers news.

Is he seriously sick?

Is he in a hospital?

The media reporting on every case of a high profile athlete being diagnosed with COVID-19 as “breaking news” is just adding to the hysteria.

Virtually every athlete who has been diagnosed with the virus has had minor or no symptoms.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:29 PM   #7345
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
What's your alternative? Just let it spread and infect millions of people? It's pretty clear at this point that this thing is fairly contagious. If you let it infect 75-100 million people you're talking millions of people in the hospital. How's that going to work? That's going to ruin people's lives either way.
Herd immunity.

Allow the vast majority of the population who will have minor or no symptoms to COVID-19 to build a communal immunity to the virus through exposure and in the meantime target the social distancing to just the high risk group.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #7346
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Is he seriously sick?

Is he in a hospital?

The media reporting on every case of a high profile athlete being diagnosed with COVID-19 as “breaking news” is just adding to the hysteria.

Virtually every athlete who has been diagnosed with the virus has had minor or no symptoms.
He falls down at the slightest hint of contact, is loss of balance a symptom?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #7347
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I don't no but I have friends who work in hospitals. They know way more than you or I and they keep me informed.

Use a little common sense. You think our politicians are closing every thing down for fun?
No kidding they know more than us. I never said they were shutting things down for fun. I haven’t been able to keep up with this thread that well. Been busy lining up a funeral for a friend of mine who killed himself.

So I figured if you had numbers to go with what you said, I would like to see them. So I can start getting caught up with everyone else.

So get ****ed, for your common sense comment.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #7348
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
It has a lot to do with all of the people who bought/buy into the entire "Fake news" bullshit.
You mean like the Russia hoax and the Ukraine hoax?
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 4     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:38 PM   #7349
Diablo Negro

Quote:

Here is what I don't understand, I know for a fact in Missouri you won't get tested unless you are not only showing symptoms but have been potentially exposed to another person who is a positive test. We had a discussion with the Missouri health department today because we have to keep our facility up and running.

So how are all these asymptomatic people getting tested?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:38 PM   #7350
Supporter

Quote:

I don't think it's "good" if it's everywhere because millions of at-risk people being exposed will put a major strain on our already strained healthcare system.

And not for nothing, comparing the average 65-85 year old to 20-something year old kids that are serious freaks of nature, is a poor comp.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.