Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #721
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Link? I've got 30 free seconds and want to watch.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #722
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Yea 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD’s in his first 2 seasons, with many big plays, but his highlight reel can only be 30 secs...
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #723
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
You're wrong, as usual.

Robinson, Kemp, Calloway, Pringle and Powell scare absolutely no one. If the Raiders or Chargers or Broncos trotted out that kind of shit, you'd be making jokes about them constantly.

The Chiefs WR corp is, by far, the worst in the AFC West.
I meant including Hill and you'd be foolish not to include Kelce. He said it was one of the worst fully healthy and that's a crock of shit
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #724
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Chiefs were willing to give Juju 9-10 million. So they can't do 5 more for Julio who also has 2 more years of cheap control if he's as good as he's always been?
Juju is 24 years old bro. There's a massive difference in the 2 players. If Julio were 24 and this trade was available its a massive go. He's old(er) and coming off serious injuries and he doesn't like to practice.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:17 PM   #725
Supporter

Quote:
Your knowledge of the NFL and football in general would fit into a thimble with room to spare
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:17 PM   #726
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
Juju is 24 years old bro. There's a massive difference in the 2 players. If Julio were 24 and this trade was available its a massive go. He's old(er) and coming off serious injuries and he doesn't like to practice.
For a 1 year deal I would 100% bet that Julio would be more productive than Juju.

Ffs, he played 7 more games than Julio and only had 60 more yards than him
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:18 PM   #727
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
I meant including Hill and you'd be foolish not to include Kelce. He said it was one of the worst fully healthy and that's a crock of shit
Kelce is not a wide receiver.

Outside of Hill and potentially Hardman, the Chiefs WR corp is the worst in the AFC West, if not the entire AFC.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:20 PM   #728
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
For a 1 year deal I would 100% bet that Julio would be more productive than Juju.

Ffs, he played 7 more games than Julio and only had 60 more yards than him
JuJu did not come with a $45 million dollar price tag attached, nor is JuJu 32 years old nor would the Chiefs have needed to give up a draft pick or picks for JuJu.

You're way off base, as usual.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #729
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
JuJu did not come with a $45 million dollar price tag attached, nor is JuJu 32 years old nor would the Chiefs have needed to give up a draft pick or picks for JuJu.

You're way off base, as usual.
Julio's only price tag attached is 15 million. The rest of the money is unguaranteed. He can be cut or traded or kept for cheap after this year.

Seriously think about that for a second, 7 more games and only 60 more yards .
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #730
Banned

Julio doesn't even do the normal things that'd you'd expect from a player of his level. He thinks he's too good for it. The 6-foot-3, 229-pound Jones insists he doesn't even lift weights unless required to in-season.

"I don't have an offseason workout regimen," Jones said. "I don't lift weights. I don't run. I don't do anything. I let my body rest. I just eat good."

None of that sounds good for his ability to adjust to when his athleticism fades.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:25 PM   #731
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
Julio doesn't even do the normal things that'd you'd expect from a player of his level. He thinks he's too good for it. The 6-foot-3, 229-pound Jones insists he doesn't even lift weights unless required to in-season.

"I don't have an offseason workout regimen," Jones said. "I don't lift weights. I don't run. I don't do anything. I let my body rest. I just eat good."

None of that sounds good for his ability to adjust to when his athleticism fades.
Damn so we wouldn't win the weight lifting Superbowl? ****!!
Old 05-25-2021, 12:25 PM   #732
MVP

Quote:
Kelce is not a wide receiver.

Outside of Hill and potentially Hardman, the Chiefs WR corp is the worst in the AFC West, if not the entire AFC.
While I might be inclined to agree with you, in all fairness, isn't everyone in this position if you take away their 2 best WR options?

I mean, some people like to rave about the Donkos young and talented WR depth, but if you take away Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy, is it really all that impressive?
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #733
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
The conversation was about WR GROUP. Not TE.

It's a different skill set entirely and the position affects the defense differently.

As i said in my post, if Hill goes down, we have one of the worst WR groups in the AFC.

Maybe you haven't looked around recently, but there's a lot of teams that are much more loaded at WIDE RECEIVER than the Chiefs are.

We have Tyreek and then a fist full of wishes.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #734
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
While I might be inclined to agree with you, in all fairness, isn't everyone in this position if you take away their 2 best WR options?

I mean, some people like to rave about the Donkos young and talented WR depth, but if you take away Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy, is it really all that impressive?
Dane was being generous when comparing Hardman to Jeudy. Jeudy has put up #2 type production.

Jeudy has put up production that we HOPE Hardman puts up this season. And then they still have KJ Hamler.

They have more WR depth than we do.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #735
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
No one is "hating" Julio Jones.

Draft pick aside, the fact of the matter is that the Chiefs cannot absorb $15 million per year for a 32 year old Wide Receiver.

There are far too many risks associated with giving ANY player, other than a QB, that kind of money at age 32, but even moreso with a wide receiver.
A 32-year old WR with a LONG history of leg and foot injuries.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote