Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #7246
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
This year I've traded CCIV, VTIQ/NKLA, VIAC and SPY all well above $15.

Stop lecturing me.

If stocks you’re entering are falling significantly after your purchase, your technical entry sucks.

Also, just trying to provide useful capital risk management suggestions in a thread that feels like Reddit.

Xoxo
Lewdog
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:28 PM   #7247
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
If stocks you’re entering are falling significantly after your purchase, your technical entry sucks.
Thanks, dad.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #7248
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
It about entering a trade with no more than 10% of your account, not about how much that stocks gains and results in it being more than 10% of your account value.
Gotcha.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:41 PM   #7249
Cheat Death

So after maxing out a 401K, IRA, HSA, and having a 6 month emergency fund, would the minimum goal of investing all other funds be to simply gain more than your mortgage interest rate?

Assuming you're free of all other debts
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #7250
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Regarding your 10% rule. I do agree with you but what if you were early on a stock that blew up. For example, I was earlyish on Tesla and bought a bunch in the 75-200 range pre split. For that reason it's well over 10% of my total account value. Would you say that's the exception to your rule or would you try to diversify away from it and lower the percentage?
Probably already have your answer, I'd add that re-balancing long term holdings once annually (at least) is sound. Also with the FOMO surrounding Tesla breaking out, '21 is unlikely to be anything like 2020 from what I can tell. My TSLA stop loss was triggered the other day, which I had mixed feelings about, but it wasn't for 100% of shares, only sold about 40%. Still sleeping well.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #7251
Fish are scared of me

https://stockrockets.pro/reddit-grou...t-in-and-vote/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShortSqueeze_Army/
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #7252
I'll be back.

**** yes.

https://shortsqueeze.army/

I might have to buy some BORR on Tuesday
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #7253
Prestige Worldwide

I stop loss at 15%....sometimes.

I usually take it case-by-case though depending on how volatile the stock is.

I have one at 15.6% loss that I’m holding onto because I’m optimistic I will recoup that in the coming weeks.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:39 PM   #7254
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
So after maxing out a 401K, IRA, HSA, and having a 6 month emergency fund, would the minimum goal of investing all other funds be to simply gain more than your mortgage interest rate?

Assuming you're free of all other debts
Yeah. If you’re not outrunning the return on your debt service you need to just service the debt from a pure mathematical perspective. But there is some value in diversification. Over time a diversified portfolio should outrun debt service for sure so you need to be a little patient. But at minimum yeah your return should be higher than your interest rate.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:44 PM   #7255
Banned

I really wish you wouldn't have posted this.

Its going to get me in trouble.

candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.candyman must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #7256
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
**** yes.

I hope they choose ZOM
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #7257
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
I really wish you wouldn't have posted this.

Its going to get me in trouble.

I just came across the links . I don't get involved with them as it seems risky although it is entertaining.

Where there's winners there's losers.

I do own a bunch of ZOM which happens to be on the list so I'm gonna have to keep an eye on it.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #7258
Mod Team

Quote:
**** yes.

I don't mind gambling with a SMALL position.

So they announce on Monday?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:28 PM   #7259
I'll be back.

Quote:
I don't mind gambling with a SMALL position.

So they announce on Monday?
Yep.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #7260
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Yep.
So will you let us know the decision ( for entertainment purposes only)?

I think I read they will attack three stocks