Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM  
In Search of a Life

2019 Free agency Thread

We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #7231
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yes it is.

I'm not shooting for 'good' in a single offseason when we have to keep a weather eye on the horizon w/r/t to the cap.

I'm shooting for 'good enough'.

With a couple of savvy signings and a good draft, he might be able to get there. My worry right now is that Veach may not have that in his bag. And I don't think I'm setting the bar terribly high.
Yea I hear you, I wouldn't think that would be to hard...The pass rusher thing is going to be the hardest because I think they can address the LB's and secondary with solid players.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #7232
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
There's the rub.

We just don't know exactly what Spagnuolo is looking for.
I DO! ...TO KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #7233
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

I mean I knew this was going to be a rebuild year, and our ranking on defense will reflect it. We are only 2 years off from possibly having a defense.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #7234
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I think it’s fair to question whether or not this works out with Spags. But I’m giving it a chance for certain, because the decisions to move on from these guys makes plenty of sense.

We’ll see. I’m guessing they add 5 more vets on defense roughly and a ton of picks.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:30 PM   #7235
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Wow you guys don’t trust Daley or House? Those are good coaches
I love those hires.

And as someone who was more pissed off at our position coaches this year than I was at Sutton, I absolutely agree that their additions are enormous.

But they're gonna work on technique and responsibility. And that's a great first step but we still need Spags to have a good feel on how to get them all to play together.

I'm not just gonna assume that's gonna work out because when you look at his history it HASN'T always.

This isn't "**** it, give Reid what he wants because the man knows offense..." Reid's track record spoke for itself. Spags career, OTOH, is...checkered.

But I will say that the guys he brought in to work with him made me quite a bit more confident in the team's overall ability to bring a defense together, even if it didn't directly address my concerns regarding Spags specifically. This is an A+ assistant staff.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #7236
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I mean I knew this was going to be a rebuild year, and our ranking on defense will reflect it. We are only 2 years off from possibly having a defense.
So what were the last 2 years? Should this really be a 4 year defensive rebuild?
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #7237
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Matt Miller suggests that Watts will start with HB. https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...602049538?s=21

I think he’d be good in a blitz heavy scheme for certain but you’d better have great depth. He’s got a broke dick track record.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #7238

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I think it’s fair to question whether or not this works out with Spags. But I’m giving it a chance for certain, because the decisions to move on from these guys makes plenty of sense.

We’ll see. I’m guessing they add 5 more vets on defense roughly and a ton of picks.
Oh it can work, I just wish we would have stayed with 3-4 because I figured we could fix that faster than retooling entire defense.

But what is done is done.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #7239
Banned

Quote:

I think it’s fair as well. Hopefully Andy got this right and hopefully House and Daly have some input on the new personnel.
Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.Mulliganman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #7240
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

I'm absolutely willing to give it a chance. Again - the staff around him alone makes it worth the effort.

But 'give it a chance' means give the guy something to work with as well. You can't just say "hey Spags, fix all this crap and here's 25% of our cap to work with..."

If you want to fairly judge the guy, you need to give him a puncher's chance. And I don't think tossing a bunch of roster chaff at him is a way to go about doing that because nothing about his history suggests that's a rock he's gonna be able to get up that hill.

Give him a roster of representative NFL talent - I'm fine with generally solid across the board - and see if he can coach that up to a level of a generally solid defense.

Don't give the guy a bunch of scraps and expect him to work miracles. That's a recipe for failure.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #7241

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
So what were the last 2 years? Should this really be a 4 year defensive rebuild?
Look,

We had a pass rush, we do not have 2 of 3 of our most productive pass rushers now.

So yeah its going to take this offseason and maybe 1-2 more of drafts to right the ship.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #7242
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Matt Miller suggests that Watts will start with HB. https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...602049538?s=21

I think he’d be good in a blitz heavy scheme for certain but you’d better have great depth. He’s got a broke dick track record.
Sorenson is a great blitzer as well and Lucas is athletic. I think we are about done with safety.

I think we are going heavy up front 7 and corner in the draft
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #7243
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Oh it can work, I just wish we would have stayed with 3-4 because I figured we could fix that faster than retooling entire defense.

But what is done is done.
Staying with something broke to avoid change isn’t a sound strategy mecessarilt
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #7244
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

If they plan on starting Mathieu and Watts, that’s two safeties who blitz really well. No coincidence.

Spags’ scheme, like it or not, involves lots of blitzing. Especially from DBs. Mitigates some of the importance of having dominant pass rushers.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #7245
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
It is Super Bowl or bust next season... the defense needs to be upgraded enough to achieve that.

No "step back"/"rebuilding" bullshit.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.