Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:04 AM   #691
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Any concerns about his ability to learn an offense given his minuscule production in his first 4 years of college? I'd have serious concerns, especially with an Andy Reid playbook. And if it isn't that then what exactly was the reason for the sudden ascent? That's equally concerning because then you have to bring in the question of performance-enhancing drug use.
Two things I'd be concerned about and you definitely hit on one, and I've mentioned the other.

1. Intelligence to grasp Andy's playbook
2. Route tree

Depending on where our scouts evaluate him in terms of those two areas would determine whether he's a good fit for us. He has all the physical tools. Watching a big guy like that turn the corner on DBs even when they have the angle is something you just don't see that often. He really is a freak of nature. Hardly ever see a guy with a body like Deebo or AJ running low 4.3s outside of maybe DK Metcalf.

I was likely a little ambitious comparing him to Rashee mentally. He's definitely not as engaging as Rashee. How that shakes out in terms of intelligence is hard to say. Seems like a pretty shy guy. Somewhere in between Rashee and Kadarius is my best guess, but it's just a guess.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:22 AM   #692
Andy Reid Supporter

It seems to me that Legette has a lot of Rashee Rice in him. Don't think we'll look for a guy like him to match with what we have. He looks good though and I don't get people being out on him bc he's 6'1"

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:23 AM   #693
MVP

Roman Wilson looking really good in Senior Bowl practices. Tez has looked good, but has dropped a couple.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:25 AM   #694
In Search of a Life

Ja"Lynn Polk just screams "Chiefs WR" to me? Am I off here?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:29 AM   #695
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

His height doesn't change my eval of him if only because I really don't care that much about height.

Jump ball guys are overrated. And longer levers make for less agile players; in many ways height can be a disadvantage.

i just don't care that much. How he runs will matter far more to me than anything else. And ultimately how he interviews is what's REALLY going to matter to Veach and Reid. And we'll just never have the answer to that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:31 AM   #696
In Search of a Life

Yeah, I don't much care for WR's over 6'1. I get the appeal, but physics just makes it tough for those guys to be precise route runners and such. It's hard to corner a tank.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:35 AM   #697
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, I don't much care for WR's over 6'1. I get the appeal, but physics just makes it tough for those guys to be precise route runners and such. It's hard to corner a tank.
Yet I could argue 3 of the top 5 WRs of all time are 6'3 or taller.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:36 AM   #698
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Outliers happen.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:00 PM   #699
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I'm not drafting for 'top 5 WR of all time...'

The thick part of the bell curve on WR productivity is in the 5'11''-6'2'' range.

Yes, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson happened - they ain't happening in THIS draft.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:02 PM   #700
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm not drafting for 'top 5 WR of all time...'

The thick part of the bell curve on WR productivity is in the 5'11''-6'2'' range.

Yes, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson happened - they ain't happening in THIS draft.
Terrell Owens also happened...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:10 PM   #701
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Ja"Lynn Polk just screams "Chiefs WR" to me? Am I off here?
I've watched a lot of Polk and he lacks athleticism. Like, he's pretty darn slow. I don't see how he'd uncover in the NFL or even win on the sidelines consistently. He was part of a really talented passing attack and benefited from having Odunze and McMillan for defenses to worry about. I just don't see it working out in KC because it looks like this offense desperately needs to add speed at the skill positions across the board.
iSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-30-2024, 12:19 PM   #702
MVP

I'm a Legette fan, I think he's a playmaker we can get that ball to and count on him to make something happen. Would be fun to see him tear it up at the Senior Bowl and make some noise.

I like Thomas Jr also, as a better MVS in this offense.

But I think Franklin is still best fit for what Andy looks for in a WR.

I don't know anything about these guy's intelligence so I won't speak on their ability to grasp the playbook, but its true Andy expects you to learn the whole offense and not just a single WR position.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:35 PM   #703
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I'm a Legette fan, I think he's a playmaker we can get that ball to and count on him to make something happen. Would be fun to see him tear it up at the Senior Bowl and make some noise.

I like Thomas Jr also, as a better MVS in this offense.

But I think Franklin is still best fit for what Andy looks for in a WR.

I don't know anything about these guy's intelligence so I won't speak on their ability to grasp the playbook, but its true Andy expects you to learn the whole offense and not just a single WR position.
I'm with you on this, but do have concerns that Legette lacks so much nuance in his route running that it may be difficult to get him up to speed. Watching guys like Franklin and Thomas Jr. use fakes, variance in speed and tempo, and then seeing Legette rely solely on his speed and size makes me wonder how that will translate to the pros. I still really like him and would be happy to add him, but there's question marks.

I'm coming around a bit on Xavier Worthy, too.
iSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-30-2024, 12:42 PM   #704
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin View Post
I've watched a lot of Polk and he lacks athleticism. Like, he's pretty darn slow. I don't see how he'd uncover in the NFL or even win on the sidelines consistently. He was part of a really talented passing attack and benefited from having Odunze and McMillan for defenses to worry about. I just don't see it working out in KC because it looks like this offense desperately needs to add speed at the skill positions across the board.
Not wrong.

I like McMillian more I think.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:45 PM   #705
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin View Post
I'm with you on this, but do have concerns that Legette lacks so much nuance in his route running that it may be difficult to get him up to speed. Watching guys like Franklin and Thomas Jr. use fakes, variance in speed and tempo, and then seeing Legette rely solely on his speed and size makes me wonder how that will translate to the pros. I still really like him and would be happy to add him, but there's question marks.

I'm coming around a bit on Xavier Worthy, too.
Here's the thing though....at 31/32 that's just what you're gonna get. I'd love to have a guy with no question marks, but those guys go in the top 5....