Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2022, 01:11 PM  
I'll be back.

House of the Dragon

OH YEAH!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:37 AM   #691
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
One question, did she turn around and come back to fight after taking out the king to fight the other dragon because she couldn't make it back to her base without the bigger and faster catching up and fighting the dragon or was she just be arrogant that her experience and guile could defeat the much bigger dragon?
The writers worked pretty hard to make it look like she simply had a death wish.

I think MAYBE she thought she could strike a killing blow in the process; take Aemond and Aegon out with her and go down a glorious hero. But she seemingly had little interest in getting back to Dragonstone alive and demonstrated that on a couple of occasions.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:45 PM   #692
Veteran

Her stoic face while going down told me that she didnt gaf
poolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-09-2024, 08:20 PM   #693
"You like to drink?"

Never felt jealousy for not being a cigarette until I saw one between Milly Alcock's lips
Spoiler!
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 06:43 AM   #694
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Spoiler!
Yep.

Quote:
As a young boy, the Prince of Dragonstone was bookish to a fault. He was reading so early that men said Queen Rhaella must have swallowed some books and a candle whilst he was in her womb. Rhaegar took no interest in the play of other children. The maesters were awed by his wits, but his father’s knights would jest sourly that Baelor the Blessed had been born again. Until one day Prince Rhaegar found something in his scrolls that changed him. No one knows what it might have been, only that the boy suddenly appeared early one morning in the yard as the knights were donning their steel. He walked up to Ser Willem Darry, the master-at-arms, and said, 'I will require a sword and armor. It seems I must be a warrior.'
Prophecy and visions are big in this universe so it doesn’t bother me. The reason the Targs fled to Dragonstone before the Doom of Valyria was because of a vision in the first place.

It actually adds another layer because you realize why the prophecy was lost for such a long time.

I think most people are sour on the idea of the prophecy being brought up in HotD simply because of how GoT let everyone down with the ending. “The Long Night only lasted for one night” blah blah.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 07:20 AM   #695
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Yep.

Prophecy and visions are big in this universe so it doesn’t bother me. The reason the Targs fled to Dragonstone before the Doom of Valyria was because of a vision in the first place.

It actually adds another layer because you realize why the prophecy was lost for such a long time.

I think most people are sour on the idea of the prophecy being brought up in HotD simply because of how GoT let everyone down with the ending. “The Long Night only lasted for one night” blah blah.
I just think it’s really ham fisted the way they are going about it.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:26 AM   #696
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Meh. I view it as good fan service. Tying a reference back to the original show to create more relevance to the story everyone recognizes, that brought them to the franchise in the 1st place.

Back before season 1, i was actually HOPING to see more relevance to the original series. To have un answered questions answered. To have been able to see history, and thus give more relevance and explanation to the original series.

Later i'd learn that the time periods are too distant to be truly relative to each other, which kinda sucked tbh.
I don't think they are that far off. It all happens in Aemons life time right? Isn't he Maester Aemon on the wall in the original series or am I mistaken?
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:27 AM   #697
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I don't think they are that far off. It all happens in Aemons life time right? Isn't he Maester Aemon on the wall in the original series or am I mistaken?
I believe this show is about a hundred years before Maester Aemon's birth.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:33 AM   #698
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
https://www.cbr.com/every-targaryen-...maester-aemon/

King Viserys I Targaryen & Queen Alicent Hightower's Children Are Maester Aemon's Fourth Great-Half-Granduncles & Aunts.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 07:33 AM   #699
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I believe this show is about a hundred years before Maester Aemon's birth.
I guess I got some wires crossed.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:25 AM   #700
MVP

I just finished the og series audio books, well as finished as the books actually are, couldn't get into the Fire and blood book from the Maesters perspective or whatever. Looking at A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms. Anyone have any recommendations otherwise?
Old 07-10-2024, 12:55 PM   #701
MVP

Not show news, but more shitty GRRM and Winds of Winter news. It's not done, so 14 years and counting.

Personally I don't think he's ever gonna finish it and it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't even wrote anything for it in years. I don't think he knows how to finish it and is scared of any ridicule by the fan base if it doesn't live up to previous works. I think he stopped after he saw the backlash from GoT fans for how that showed turned out.

He was supposedly pretty close to being done, not now has no clue when he will be done with it. Yeah it's never happening.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-10-2024, 12:59 PM   #702
You gotta kill a few people

At this point I’ll consider it a hugely pleasant surprise if he ever finished Winds of Winter and would go out and immediately buy a lotto ticket if he finished A Dream of Spring.

I don’t think the backlash of the show has much to do with anything, though. The show was at its best when it was drawing directly from the source material.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 01:06 PM   #703
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Not show news, but more shitty GRRM and Winds of Winter news. It's not done, so 14 years and counting.

Personally I don't think he's ever gonna finish it and it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't even wrote anything for it in years. I don't think he knows how to finish it and is scared of any ridicule by the fan base if it doesn't live up to previous works. I think he stopped after he saw the backlash from GoT fans for how that showed turned out.

He was supposedly pretty close to being done, not now has no clue when he will be done with it. Yeah it's never happening.
He’s enjoying being a celebrity and assisting on TV adaptations.

Also, if his GOT ending is somehow better than the show ending, it diminishes the latter.

0% chance those books come out.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-10-2024, 01:12 PM   #704
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod View Post
He’s enjoying being a celebrity and assisting on TV adaptations.

Also, if his GOT ending is somehow better than the show ending, it diminishes the latter.

0% chance those books come out.

Everyone wants it to diminish it. He would make another small fortune if he would finish the damn book series. I don't know if I would read just one more in that story line unless it was a complete finish to it.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-10-2024, 01:37 PM   #705
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I think he wrote himself into a corner (the story just kept expanding; he never seemed to understand how to tighten it up), realized he wasn't sure how to land the plane, let the show do it for him and now can sit there comfortably in the knowledge that most people think his ending would've been far better and hate the showrunners for their attempt at it.

A lot of very good storytellers don't know how to end a story (Stephen King being the most notorious example) and it's pretty likely GRRM is as well. So he's just gonna...die. I don't think he has any designs on finishing that story at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.