Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #6826
In Search of a Life

Like his policies or not, but Pence is a natural at this.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #6827
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
There it is:

The State Department is preparing to raise its travel advisory worldwide to Level 4: Do Not Travel – the highest level — in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.

Four sources told CNN that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had approved a Level 4 advisory.

Late last Wednesday, the advisory was raised globally to Level 3: Reconsider Travel “due to the global impact of COVID-19.”

Politico was the first to report the heightened advisory level. CNN has reached out to the State Department for comment.

Another source told CNN that the move would be aimed at curtailing Americans’ travel abroad and to get those who are traveling to come home.

Is that international only, I presume?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #6828
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I have no clue what the schools are going to do. Make everyone retake whatever grade they’re in? Hope that shit is back to normal by the time school starts next year?
My girl's been going to a 1st grade classroom for 2 hours/day since October.

They send her back to re-take kindergarten and I'll yank her out and pay for private school. No, she will NOT be re-learning how to use scissors when I'm fairly confident I could drop her in second grade and she'd probably have her feet under her within a month.

We're not the psychotic "TEST HER OUT" family or anything. Part of growing up is being a kid and going to school and matriculating your way through varied social experiences. A 5/6 yr old may be able to read with 7/8 yr olds but she still needs to understand how to interact with her immediate peer groups. I see little utility in skipping grades - they miss out on more than they gain.

But if schools try to repeat things, the behavioral issues they'll face from bored stiff pupils will be immense.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:19 AM   #6829
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Overall, I don't think media is doing a bad job at all. It is not their fault people are freaking out. I mean you say they are doom and gloom -- well there really isn't much good news to report. What do you want them to say? That the virus isn't spreading?
All these this is the medias fault posts are FOS. This is human nature. Every time there is maybe an emergency(hurricane etc.) or even a snowstorm people raid the grocery stores. Start hoarding. Happens every damn time. Why would anyone think this time it would be different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
You could have just not responded in the first place. We would have all been fine not knowing that you have a political take that you’re not going to post.
I respect DJ. He was owed a public response. Same with you. Which why I'm responding publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
But see we suck at testing.
Not we. it could have been different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I made my position quite clear, as I have a dozen or more times.

There are middle grounds I want to explore and pursue.

But IF the choices are between a police state and letting this virus run its course naturally - I'm taking the latter and doing so without blinking. If it means 200 million people get the disease (160 million of whom show virtually no symptoms), so be it. Is that the ideal scenario? No.

Is it better than an entire nation surrendering its personal liberties? Christ - I don't even understand why I have to answer that question.
I'm never going to be in favor of losing civil liberties. Closing business's and asking that we stay home for a couple of weeks is fine and dandy. Even enforcing a quarantine like they did in NY was okay, science said it was warranted temporarily. But, I'm not in favor of abondaning the consitition for a "crisis". Because a "crisis" could be declared in the future by the next president or congress for political reasons. Its just a bad road to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Not saying that it would be anywhere near the number of deaths from COVID-19, but suicides would skyrocket. I'm a pretty optimistic guy, and even I've had to take specific steps to try not to go insane this week. A year of this would be brutal.
I was social distancing since Thursday. Seems like a longer time that's for sure. I went out this am to deliver some hand sanitizer. Don't have the cabin fever as much now.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #6830
Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I have no clue what the schools are going to do. Make everyone retake whatever grade they’re in? Hope that shit is back to normal by the time school starts next year?
Wonder if they just pass everyone this year. Can they even do that?
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #6831
The Seated Villain

I posted earlier that my family went through a bout of a mystery illness a few weeks ago. I just found out that someone that lives nearby tested positive for COVID-19, from an illness that started in her household about a week before my family got sick.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #6832
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Going all in on chloroquine
i wish i knew a guy who could write scripts...
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #6833
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
My understanding from my friend, who is a principal in Kansas, is that the state legislature can largely make their own rules if needed.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #6834
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Is that international only, I presume?
I believe so:

Global Health Advisory
March 15, 2020
Level 3: Reconsider Travel

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19. Many areas throughout the world are now experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and taking action that may limit traveler mobility, including quarantines and border restrictions. Even countries, jurisdictions, or areas where cases have not been reported may restrict travel without notice.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #6835
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
My girl's been going to a 1st grade classroom for 2 hours/day since October.

They send her back to re-take kindergarten and I'll yank her out and pay for private school. No, she will NOT be re-learning how to use scissors when I'm fairly confident I could drop her in second grade and she'd probably have her feet under her within a month.

We're not the psychotic "TEST HER OUT" family or anything. Part of growing up is being a kid and going to school and matriculating your way through varied social experiences. A 5/6 yr old may be able to read with 7/8 yr olds but she still needs to understand how to interact with her immediate peer groups. I see little utility in skipping grades - they miss out on more than they gain.

But if schools try to repeat things, the behavioral issues they'll face from bored stiff pupils will be immense.
I’ve got a 7th grader and two 4th graders that would be devastated if they had to retake those grades again. I mean ****....were basically 3 months away from the end of the school year. They’ve done the majority of it already. Get a plan and pass them.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #6836
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post

via GIPHY

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #6837

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
If it’s not updated on cdc how is it official?
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #6838
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #6839
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
My wife hasn't put me on it yet , I assume it will be recommended for us medical workers first if they believe it would help as a preventative measure.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #6840
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Like his policies or not, but Pence is a natural at this.
Putting aside what he's actually saying.....

At times like these we expect our leadership to be "presidential". Talk "presidential". Empathy. Here's what we are doing, This is the plan. Anything that's not that, freaks people out more.

Doesnt really matter which political team your on

I hate Rick Scott so much ever since his company stole $1.2 Billion from medicare in Missouri. Moved to Florida and found out he was governor.

We had two hurricanes under him. He did a helluva job. In hurricanes getting gas for cars and generators in the aftermath is key. He got the police to escort gasoline tankers to stations from the docks. Gave the stations exceptions to make it more readily available. Brought in electrical trucks from all over the USA. Paused a lot of collections. etc. Got him a senate seat for it. He earned it during those hurricanes.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.