Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:20 AM   #68281
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Fat Russell = Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, etc.

Game manager QB's whose Super Bowl win was entirely a byproduct of a great defense.
Don't disrespect Jeff Hostetler with the Russell Wilson comparisons. That man has 2 Super Bowl rings.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #68282
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
If I'm the Broncos I'm scouting Ewers, Penix and Shedeur bc they are better than many draft classes 3rd/4th/5th options at QB.

I'd ship off Jeudy for an asset. I'd ask for a 2nd. Would also ship if Simmons.

Would not trade Surtain though. He's the most talented player on that team and he's young.
I've seen a surprising number of mock drafts with some combination of Williams, Maye, Sanders, Penix, Ewers, Nix, and Leonard going in the first, but Denver takes an undersized edge because we apparently don't have enough of those already. I think any of those QBs would be a fantastic pick for Denver.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:55 AM   #68283
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I've seen a surprising number of mock drafts with some combination of Williams, Maye, Sanders, Penix, Ewers, Nix, and Leonard going in the first, but Denver takes an undersized edge because we apparently don't have enough of those already. I think any of those QBs would be a fantastic pick for Denver.
Haven’t you been listening to Dildo Joe? Russ is back!!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:01 AM   #68284
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Haven’t you been listening to Dildo Joe? Russ is back!!
Russ is playing well, but he's not the type of QB Payton wants, and he's turning 35 next month. I'll be shocked if they don't replace him, or at least set themselves up with a QB waiting to take over.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:32 AM   #68285
MVP

Bolles and a bowl full of Huff. What could go wrong
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:56 AM   #68286
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Russ is playing well, but he's not the type of QB Payton wants, and he's turning 35 next month. I'll be shocked if they don't replace him, or at least set themselves up with a QB waiting to take over.
With their cap situation, I doubt they cut tater next year. The more likely scenario is, they sell off anyone with any kind of value and collect draft picks. They can cut ties in 25 and it won't be nearly as bad with a bunch of guys on rookie contracts
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:56 AM   #68287
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Fat Russell = Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, etc.

Game manager QB's whose Super Bowl win was entirely a byproduct of a great defense.
He literally threw another SB away at the goal line. He was basically Andy Dalton with a HOF coach and a generational defense.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:46 AM   #68288
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
With their cap situation, I doubt they cut tater next year. The more likely scenario is, they sell off anyone with any kind of value and collect draft picks. They can cut ties in 25 and it won't be nearly as bad with a bunch of guys on rookie contracts
If we get #1 overall, I think we draft Caleb Williams and cut Russ. If we're picking later, I think we draft someone like Riley Leonard and have him wait a year behind Russ.

The wildcard (IMO) is Penix. He looks like the QB Payton wants (accurate, excels at reading defenses), but his injury history is scary. Payton did take the injury risk with Brees...
Old 10-06-2023, 11:57 AM   #68289
SuperChiefs

I just don't see how they cut him with an 85 million dollar cap hit. They need to rebuild the rest of the team and then draft a qb so they can take advantage of the rookie contract, especially if they think Tater can be serviceable
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:08 PM   #68290
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
I just don't see how they cut him with an 85 million dollar cap hit. They need to rebuild the rest of the team and then draft a qb so they can take advantage of the rookie contract, especially if they think Tater can be serviceable
Yes, we should totally build up the rest of our team so we won’t have a chance to pick a high QB again, and in doing so, ignore one of the best QB drafts in recent memory.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:08 PM   #68291
MVP

Quote:
If we get #1 overall, I think we draft Caleb Williams and cut Russ. If we're picking later, I think we draft someone like Riley Leonard and have him wait a year behind Russ.

The wildcard (IMO) is Penix. He looks like the QB Payton wants (accurate, excels at reading defenses), but his injury history is scary. Payton did take the injury risk with Brees...
If Wilson keeps playing at a solid level, I think there's almost no chance they cut him after this season. Not only would they eat a huge sum in dead cap money, but it would be an admission that the trade was a massive disaster. I'm betting they're going to give Wilson every opportunity to justify that trade. Especially as long as Paton is there.

What are the odds of Williams being able to outproduce Wilson next year anyway? Especially after they've traded Jeudy and/or other weapons, with no cap space to sign any proven players.

That's what's so shitty about the Broncos' situation (and hilarious from a KC perspective). You went into this season thinking that one of your biggest weaknesses was at QB, and it's turned out to be the biggest strength. Replacing Wilson (even with Williams) could very easily make the Broncos worse the next year or two.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:10 PM   #68292
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
If Wilson keeps playing at a solid level, I think there's almost no chance they cut him after this season. Not only would they eat a huge sum in dead cap money, but it would be an admission that the trade was a massive disaster. I'm betting they're going to give Wilson every opportunity to justify that trade. Especially as long as Paton is there.

What are the odds of Williams being able to outproduce Wilson next year anyway? Especially after they've traded Jeudy and/or other weapons, with no cap space to sign any proven players.

That's what's so shitty about the Broncos' situation (and hilarious from a KC perspective). You went into this season thinking that one of your biggest weaknesses was at QB, and it's turned out to be the biggest strength. Replacing Wilson (even with Williams) could very easily make the Broncos worse the next year or two.
Why would they care about justifying a trade made by a GM who likely won’t be with the team anymore? Also, drafting a QB wouldn’t be about being good next year.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #68293
The Seated Villain

Not sure where the $85 million number came from:

"Denver probably releases Wilson prior to the fifth day of the 2024 league year to prevent being on the hook for the $37 million in 2025 after exercising the second option and using a post-June 1 designation. Denver wouldn't gain or lose any 2024 cap room this way because of Wilson's departure but would have a $49.6 million cap charge in 2025 relating to him."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...et-rid-of-him/
Old 10-06-2023, 12:18 PM   #68294
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

JJ McCarthy, Shedeur Sanders, Quinn Ewers, Michael Penix, Riley Leonard, Bo Nix.

Not all will come out but being in the position for the 3rd QB is a good spot to be in with this QB class.

If for some reason all the QB's get ****ed then I'd draft the LT from Penn State bc he's supposed to be one of the best LT prospects in recent memory.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:19 PM   #68295
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Yes, we should totally build up the rest of our team so we won’t have a chance to pick a high QB again, and in doing so, ignore one of the best QB drafts in recent memory.
I mean, how could you justify doing anything else? If Tater remains serviceable, then that really your best option. Otherwise, you draft one of the top qb's with no talent around him and waste his cheap years rebuilding. Honestly, I'd be ok with that too, but it doesn't make sense to me.