Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:52 PM   #616
MVP

ESPN Mel Kiper Mock (Jan 23):

29. Kansas City Chiefs
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon

Did you expect me to go with another position? Kansas City's receivers really struggled this season, outside of rookie second-rounder Rashee Rice, who might already be their top wideout. Chiefs pass-catchers dropped 38 passes during the regular season, ranking last in the league. That's why I'm giving them a talented playmaker with this pick.

Franklin averaged 17.1 yards per catch in 2023 and had 23 receiving touchdowns over the past two seasons. He is a big, 6-foot-3 target with deceptive speed who can break tackles after the catch. This isn't the first time I've projected Kansas City to land a receiver in Round 1 -- I gave them Zay Flowers in my final 2023 mock -- but the hole is too large to not fill here. By the way, this makes seven wideouts in Round 1, which would tie the record for most in a single draft (2004).
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:09 PM   #617
MVP

I think Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas Jr, and Coleman are all off the board by our pick, plus one more. Unless we're considering a current outlier like Worthy, McConkey, Burton, Walker, or Wilson...I think we'll end up having our choice between 2 of these guys: Mitchell, Franklyn, or Legette.

-Franklyn is the smart choice, best all around WR and great stats.
-Legette is a monster athlete, but only busted out his 5th year.
-Mitchell has great size, speed, WR skills combo, but has far less production.

I'm surprised so many are harping on Legette for his production and ignoring Mitchell's, although he certainly isn't getting as much attention as the other WRs IMO. He only had 845 yards in 23, 135 in 22, and 426 in 21. Sure he's younger, but I'm not sure why he's in the conversation for RD 1.

Currently, I think someone will nab Franklyn ahead of us as the 6th WR off the board. Maybe we move up to get him, which would be something we've seen the Chiefs do in the past. If not, that makes our decision a lot tougher. Personally, I'd go Legette over Mitchell but I could see Mahomes, Reid, and Veach potentially growing enamored with one one of the outliers listed above.

What do you think? Are we cornered into taking Legette?
Old 01-23-2024, 01:12 PM   #618
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I think Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas Jr, and Coleman are all off the board by our pick, plus one more. Unless we're considering a current outlier like Worthy, McConkey, Burton, Walker, or Wilson...I think we'll end up having our choice between 2 of these guys: Mitchell, Franklyn, or Legette.

I'm surprised so many are harping on Legette for his production and ignoring Mitchell's, although he certainly isn't getting as much attention as the other WRs IMO. He only had 845 yards in 23, 135 in 22, and 426 in 21. Sure he's younger, but I'm not sure why he's in the conversation for RD 1.

Currently, I think someone will nab Franklyn ahead of us as the 6th WR off the board. Maybe we move up to get him, which would be something we've seen the Chiefs do in the past. If not, that makes our decision a lot tougher. Personally, I'd go Legette over Mitchell but I could see Mahomes, Reid, and Veach potentially growing enamored with one one of the outliers listed above.

Why are you spelling Franklin as "FranklYn"?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:30 PM   #619
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Why are you spelling Franklin as "FranklYn"?
My bad.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:13 PM   #620
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
My bad.
No worries, just made me question for a second if I was misspelling his name as FranklYn isn't the most common way to spell that name.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:33 PM   #621
Veteran

Quote:

I have a similar nagging feeling Franklin is gone if we don't move up. I think both he and Thomas go in the 20s and we'll need to move to get one. I'd be happy moving up a few spots for Frnaklin, not sure about Thomas, and as much as I like Franklin I wouldn't want to give up TOO much, we've got plenty of holes to plug. If Franklin is left around 25 I'd probably move up, but if ey stayed put and got someone like Mitchell I'd probably be fine with that.

If we stayed put and got Legette after those 3 had gone I'd be nervous but also fine and could see the reason. Aside from Coleman the only other guy with R1 hype i don't get is Tez Walker.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:39 PM   #622
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
No worries, just made me question for a second if I was misspelling his name as FranklYn isn't the most common way to spell that name.
It's because he's black.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:41 PM   #623
MVP

Top 10
-Harrison
-Nabers

Top 20
-Odunze

Top 30
-Thomas Jr
-Franklyn

On the Fence 1st/2nd
-Legette

...My .02c

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 01-23-2024 at 09:03 PM..
Old 01-23-2024, 04:59 PM   #624
In Search of a Life

I'd stay put and take one of those guys if they're there....I don't think I'd trade up for one.

If Odunze gets to 18...make that call
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:10 PM   #625
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Top 10
-Harrison
-Nabers

Top 20
-Odunze

Top 30
-Thomas Jr
-Franklyn

1st RD
-Legette

...My .02c
Parsin' the line pretty thin there, aren't ya?

"Oh Legette's a top 32 prospect, but top 30? Nah, that's a bridge too far...."
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:24 PM   #626
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

lol yeah, what I meant was Legette goes #30+ and is a potential 2 rounder.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:25 PM   #627
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

lol. I was thinking it... then I read it from you.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:03 PM   #628
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
lol. I was thinking it... then I read it from you.
Edited.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:09 AM   #629
MVP

Somebody is going to take a chance on Legette's measurables.

I hope it's NOT KC, although if we DON'T, it pretty much assures that he'll be Megatron II, Electric Boogaloo.

No way he lasts into the 2nd, not after DK Metcalf's trajectory. Just my opinion.

I'm good with several of these guys.

Even if we're picking #32, I could see someone like Worthy being the pick, and with that speed and ball tracking, that'd be just fine.

but my first choices as of right now, with minor research, are Franklin and Mitchell.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:29 AM   #630
In Search of a Life

I'm taking Legette in that situation. I like Franklin and Mitchell but I don't know that they're a whole round better prospect than Polk who I'd love to have in the 2nd.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.