Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:58 PM   #616
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
But the doctor said that it's just exposure that can cause shingles, and apparently pretty much every adult has been exposed.
Did not know that.

Also, it is possible to get chicken pox more than once.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:03 PM   #617
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Did not know that.

Also, it is possible to get chicken pox more than once.
And that's something I didn't know.

I thought chicken pox was the thing where parents would hold infection parties so their kids would get it once at a convenient time and then be done with it. Or was that measles?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:07 PM   #618
SuperChiefs

Quote:

I thought chicken pox was the thing where parents would hold infection parties so their kids would get it once at a convenient time and then be done with it. Or was that measles?
It was chicken pox. My mom had a "party" when my brother got them.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:15 PM   #619
hoc impetu faciendo non stabit

Quote:
I never even considered the vaccine until three months ago, because I've never had chicken pox. But the doctor said that it's just exposure that can cause shingles, and apparently pretty much every adult has been exposed.

I didn't realize that the chicken pox vaccine wasn't introduced until 1995. I would have sworn that I got vaccinated as a child.
I grew up in the era when mothers took their kids to the homes of children who had the chicken pox, so they would get it over with. That was my situation, had it when I was very young, probably five or six.

I have heard that it is very bad to get as an adult. My cousin had it as an adult, and she was never able to have kids. My mom said that she believed chicken pox was the cause. I don't know if that's right or not.
NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.NinerDoug is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:42 PM   #620
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
I never even considered the vaccine until three months ago, because I've never had chicken pox. But the doctor said that it's just exposure that can cause shingles, and apparently pretty much every adult has been exposed.

I didn't realize that the chicken pox vaccine wasn't introduced until 1995. I would have sworn that I got vaccinated as a child.
You got a lot as a child, just not chicken pox. That was seen as a right of passage. I had 5 on my body. A kid at school got them in his ears. It was bad.

There was a vaccine given to all kids around the early 70's. It was a failure and boosters had to be given. Cant remember if it was DPT or measles. Someone here will know.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:22 PM   #621
Supporter

Quote:
I think my wife has those. When her phone rings, it goes straight into her ears. What advantages do you see?
That is one of them, for sure. My favorite part is when watching the tube it is like my ears are that of a teenager again.

It goes straight from this little box hooked to the set to my hearing aids. The volume is off on the Tv so it doesn't bother anyone else.

For most programs, I don't need closed captioning anymore.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:30 PM   #622
Live free or die hard

Ear hair is becoming an issue.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:45 PM   #623
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Fastest growing hair on the body.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:52 PM   #624
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Fastest growing hair on the body.
Tell that to my nose hair
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:54 PM   #625
Woman should only make babies

Got some steroids and muscle relaxers for my back. Not working yet. Been down in bed a week.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:59 PM   #626
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerDoug View Post
Damn. I never even discussed the vaccine until I was in my 50s.

I’ve had shingles since I was 17. I had chickenpox late 15/16.

Took me 15+ years to figure out what it was.

While it’s dangerous to me (as the spot I get it is by my right eye), once I learned excessive sun exposure is a prime trigger, I always cake on the 50spf when I know I’ll be in the sun a while, and it’s rare for it to occur.

Antiviral meds help too if you catch it quick.

But yeah, it’s no fun at all.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:19 PM   #627
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I don't have a problem with hairs in my ears but on them. I remember I found one growing out of the top of my ear that looked like it belonged in one of Dole's eyebrows.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:33 PM   #628
pie is never free

Quote:
Best money you ever spent

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:39 PM   #629
Supporter

Quote:

I didn't either. My mom said I had a mild case when I was very young, anyway I didn't remember having them. Then in 2011 I caught them again. The docs weren't sure what it was until they got the tests back. It was funny at first because it didn't itch and I looked like a super zombie. I sent the nastiest portrait selfie to my coworkers because they were ribbing me about missing recess, etc. About 5 days into it I started getting a headache. Two days later I was in the hospital. It had started to attack my nervous system. They called it meningal encephilitis, or something like that. Headache so bad I would just start puking with no warning. They completely quarantined me off. I even had a visit from 3 CDC guys in suits asking questions. They were the ones that told us with the invention of the CP vaccine cases dropped so dramatically people were hardly ever exposed to it anymore. So my immune system eventually lost the ability to fight it.

After that I made sure to get the shingles vax just to avoid the possibility it could do to me what CP did.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:11 PM   #630
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I am on my 4th set. I highly recommend blue tooth rechargeable ones if you are planning on getting some.
They literally changed my life. The normal run of the mill ones help, but these are amazing with the blue tooth.
I have these. And I concur! They are amazing with the blue tooth!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.