Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:05 PM   #616
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Might as well have Obi Wan come and save the harfoots from the Klingons
I get it, but like others have said the story has all but painted the stranger as him. He uses Gandalf lines, is clad in grey, is unfazed by fire, and has bonded with the Harfoots (the ancestors of Hobbits). I feel they did it because they are trying to appeal to a larger audience than fanboys. As such Gandalf is easily recognizable as a name to the non educated. I think deviating from Gandalf might be harder than just including him.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 10-17-2022, 08:16 PM   #617
I'll be back.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Sauron goes from Numenorian prisoner to Ar Pharazon's most trusted advisor and how he convinces most of Numenor to worship Melkor. Like WTF man?
omg

this show is going to be better than i thought

Quote:
As time passed, it came to his attention that Sauron, the Lord of Mordor, was expanding his power throughout Middle-earth and was being called the Lord of Men. Ar-Pharazôn, ever prideful, resolved to challenge him lordship of the earth.

In SA 3261, he marched upon Mordor with an army so powerful that Sauron's forces simply deserted him. But Sauron was cunning, and he feigned to be overawed at Ar-Pharazôn's might. The king did not trust Sauron, and brought him back to Númenor as a hostage.

However, Sauron quickly took advantage of his situation to gain Ar-Pharazôn's trust, and by way of careful flattery, lies and half-truths, he soon became the king's closest and most trusted advisor. He was able to corrupt Ar-Pharazôn, convincing him to worship Morgoth in the hope that he would be able to cheat mortality.

Some of the results of Sauron's cunning were the erecting of a Great Temple to Morgoth, intense persecution of the Faithful, and the chopping down of the White Tree of Númenor. Soon the king and his followers were worshiping Morgoth openly and burning innocents at the altar of the temple as sacrificial offerings to appease the false god.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:27 PM   #618
MVP

The Stranger is a Blue Wizard. I highly doubt they are going to complicate the story by inserting Gandalf where he doesn’t belong.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #619
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Might as well have Obi Wan come and save the harfoots from the Klingons
Whatever gets and keeps people watching.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:56 PM   #620
Forever Royal

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

It’s definitely Gandalf. In addition to the verbatim dialogue they show the moths when he destroys those beings. Gandalf has a thing for moths.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #621
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
It’s definitely Gandalf. In addition to the verbatim dialogue they show the moths when he destroys those beings. Gandalf has a thing for moths.
The moths which he completely individually murdered in the process? Yeah....
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:09 PM   #622
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The moths which he completely individually murdered in the process? Yeah....
are you a bug lover?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:12 PM   #623
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Every indication on the show has been that it's Gandalf, yeah.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-17-2022, 10:12 PM   #624
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
are you a bug lover?
Bug lover? I'm talking about them making a very obvious point about The Stranger drawing life from different plants/animals resulting in their death.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #625
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
The Stranger is a Blue Wizard. I highly doubt they are going to complicate the story by inserting Gandalf where he doesn’t belong.

See, that's what I was thinking. It all lines up to be one of the Blue Wizards, with the timing and the need to go to Rhun. It fits just right. Also, the Blue Wizards have almost no written history, so the story can go absolutely anywhere with them. It opens a lot of possibilities story wise.

I guess we have to wait about a year to find out.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 09:02 AM   #626
MVP

Quote:
See, that's what I was thinking. It all lines up to be one of the Blue Wizards, with the timing and the need to go to Rhun. It fits just right. Also, the Blue Wizards have almost no written history, so the story can go absolutely anywhere with them. It opens a lot of possibilities story wise.

I guess we have to wait about a year to find out.
I think they are throwing out red meat to the fanbase, which in my opinion is a red herring. Gandalf is a fan favorite but lets be real. Having the Stranger be a Blue Wizard gives the show liberties and an empty canvas to create story lines.
Another thing to think about. If the Stranger is a Blue Wizard, there may be an ultimate reveal of a second Blue Wizard. Perhaps that is what the Stranger is seeking as he heads East.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:58 AM   #627
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe View Post
I did find it a bit odd that they sail to middle earth knowing only that they needed to go to the general region of the Southlands & somehow ride straight to the town where the battle is taking place.
So I actually figured this out on rewatch.

Spoiler!
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:18 PM   #628
New and Improved

Watching this season of ROP and the discourse in this thread has provided a lot of info I didn't know....that I didn't know. I decided to rewatch the first three movies. I'm halfway through TFOTR and have picked up on a lot of things I didn't notice before.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:38 PM   #629
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Wizard are not in middle earth during 2nd age juuuust saying
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2022, 09:17 PM   #630
MVP

If I had to guess the identity of The Stranger...

Spoiler!
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.