Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:53 AM   #601
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Oh you poor unfortunate soul. You drafted a bust at #1 overall years ago? I shall lend you my tears so that you may weep doubly!

Butt****ing moron. That's not QB purgatory. That's being the Colts.

You're about to enter QB purgatory. You will soon know the difference, pillowbiter.

I don’t care what you think of me or the Colts.

I will, however, continue to point out how wrong you are on pretty much everything you say about them.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:55 AM   #602
Veteran

i understand the fans and I understand Luck. .

the timing was shit. . it was a bit selfish to wait till 2 weeks before the season..

m not sure of my facts but i read somewhere that by waiting he collected another 30 million in bonuses he would not have gotten had he retired before the draft

He fought for one of the largest guaranteed contracts of all time. .

Last edited by DTVietnam; 08-26-2019 at 06:04 AM..
DTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #603
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTVietnam View Post
i understand the fans and I understand Luck. .

the timing was shit. . it was a bit selfish to wait till 2 weeks before the season..

im not sure of my facts but i read somewhere that by waiting he collected another 30 million in bonuses he would not have gotten had he retired before the draft
There is also the franchise wanting to sell hope to the season ticket holders...that franchise owes him...they ruined his career out of incompetence.

He wouldn't be retiring if he was never seriously hurt...he was just done with rehabbing.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #604
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post

I will, however, continue to point out how wrong you are on pretty much everything you say about them.
You think you were in QB purgatory.

You want us to act like the Andrew Luck era was a legitimate thing when it was complete ****ing bullshit.

You're the one who's ****ing full of shit. And you won't even consider the possibility or admit it. Your head is so far up your own Colt ass you'll never see the light of day. You're blinded to the truth by loyalty to your team.

In some cases that can be admirable. But not when you're a Colts fan. You have sins to pay for. And it starts now.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #605
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:

Jason Whitlock thinks Jeff George was good enough to win the Super Bowl.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:01 AM   #606
MVP

I hope the Chiefs took notes....keep PM healthy and draft some OL before the 6th round.

(I know Morse was a 2nd)
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #607
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
There is also the franchise wanting to sell hope to the season ticket holders...that franchise owes him...they ruined his career out of incompetence.

He wouldn't be retiring if he was never seriously hurt...he was just done with rehabbing.

Yeah this. Like trading first round pick to the Browns for Trent Richardson running back who sucked and didn't pass block worth shit. Andrew Luck took a fisting that year.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:15 AM   #608
Hockey Town

Quote:
He became a quarterback because his dad was a quarterback. He just didn’t love it.

As Irsay pointed out, he’s walking away from probably 500 million in future earnings. He must REALLY hate playing football.
When you've made what he's made if it really is in your head that you don't wanna do this anymore, that's when the question of how much money do I really need comes into play.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:22 AM   #609
11-5, baby

This is a good read for those of you somehow unable to wrap your heads around why Luck retired.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/8...te-retirements
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:23 AM
SAUTO
This message has been deleted by SAUTO.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:25 AM   #610
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'll be interested to see if the D is as good this year as it was 2 years ago. They've added Josh Allen so it could be, but they've lost some guys as well.

I saw something recently that Bouye was potentially on the trade block or a cut? That true?
That is a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
We had a SB caliber defense in 1993-1997

That was our window. We got Bono'ed out of it
At least you had a window and you have one now. We had a one quarter window against the Pats and lost.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:35 AM   #611
Veteran

I get that Colts fans are upset; why does anyone here give a darn?

Not my money.

I don't know Andrew Luck and don't care. It's just entertainment. If he is tired of it all, then the money lets him walk away. I would have walked away from my career after seven years if I could have.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:37 AM   #612
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
You think you were in QB purgatory.

You want us to act like the Andrew Luck era was a legitimate thing when it was complete ****ing bullshit.

You're the one who's ****ing full of shit. And you won't even consider the possibility or admit it. Your head is so far up your own Colt ass you'll never see the light of day. You're blinded to the truth by loyalty to your team.

In some cases that can be admirable. But not when you're a Colts fan. You have sins to pay for. And it starts now.
WTF are you babbling about? I don’t “want” you to do anything. I don’t give a damn what you think about anything.

I’m just pointing out how you’re dead ass wrong on pretty much everything you mention with regard to the Colts.

They didn’t “tank” anything.
They’ve been in qb purgatory.

Also, at my “sins”.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #613
Fight, build, win!

Andrew Luck is the poster child for why teams do and should consider drafting fatties early. You protect your most important player on your team. This should be a wakeup call to Veach and Reid to stop dicking around with turds at LG.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #614
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Andrew Luck is the poster child for why teams do and should consider drafting fatties early. You protect your most important player on your team. This should be a wakeup call to Veach and Reid to stop dicking around with turds at LG.
Look at the Cowboys. Perfect example of what you're talking about. Lot's of high draft picks up front and they can make even a pile of hot poo like Dak Prescott look like a serviceable QB
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #615
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
This is a good read for those of you somehow unable to wrap your heads around why Luck retired.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/8...te-retirements
I understand why he quit but for 97 mil that he gets to keep it was selfish to not think of his teammates and the fans that spend thousands on tickets to suck it up one more season then walk when everyone can plan.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.