Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #6031
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Just call me Capt. Oblivious.
Heh.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #6032
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Just call me Capt. Obvious.
I'm still trying to figure out what you said that warrents such praise.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #6033
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
It's the way of ChiefsPlanet. Always has been, always will.

That said, I'd like to see this thread maintain a higher level of civility than the norm. There is a lot of good, important information in this thread and I'd rather not see it get lost in the bickering.
I don’t envy the moderators job in this thread. This is a huge subject right now and there is a lot of media trying to take advantage of that by politicizing all if it infuriating the public and then they come in here. Great job mods.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #6034
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
It's still the case. That's literally what people in the know are still complaining about. We haven't been testing at a high level at all and we still aren't. They will never contain it unless the government gets serious about it.

West Virginia was the final state to finally have a case, announced today. They've done like 140 tests. Total. We're finally starting to ramp up testing in this country but it's already too late. That's the problem. You're going to have a whole bunch of mild and asymptomatic people out there spreading this around like wildfire.
Which raises another of the crucially important unknowns, Mr. tk13.

If it's true that hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people have had the disease and presented few or no symptoms (didn't even know they had it), are we to isolate those people, ravage their livelihoods, destroy their businesses and bank accounts and scare them half to death? Or is it wiser to isolate only those individuals who are "at-risk" based on current knowledge (i.e. the elderly and those with existing compromised immune systems and/or breathing-related problems)?

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:21 PM   #6035
In Search of a Life

Quarantine Day 1: Out of Cheetos and Little Debbie Snack Cacks. Not sure I can hold on...
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:21 PM   #6036
New and Improved

Quote:
Heh.

You're not wrong. Been taking care of the four grandkids for three days by myself. My brain has been stressed the **** out and not firing on all cylinders.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #6037
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels View Post
Incredibly wrong and irresponsible.
86% of 11 million is 9.5 million (or thereabouts).

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #6038
Inmem 2.0

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Six of 11 novel coronavirus cases in Johnson County, Kansas, were “acquired locally,” according to the Johnson County Department of Health and Environment.

Seems like a small number but gotta wonder how many that infected is the question
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #6039
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I believe I was the victim of some of BD's scathing sarcasm.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #6040
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
I don’t envy the moderators job in this thread. This is a huge subject right now and there is a lot of media trying to take advantage of that by politicizing all if it infuriating the public and then they come in here. Great job mods.
Everyone has done a great job policing themselves for the most part.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #6041
62-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Seen the toilet paper isle lately? That's how we know it is hysteria.
The definition of hysteria is, "exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of people."

The majority of American's do not fit anywhere near this description. There are no mass rioting or looting, no marshal law, no increase in crime that's been documented.

It's a country of people that are taking precautions as they should and as they've been directed to (minus the whole TP issue, which is the only ridiculous thing that's really happened.)

People are stocking up on food because they assume a federal quarantine is headed down the pipe and they may as well shop now, rather than later.

If you can't see the implications of this virus, on our elderly population and certainly our economic system, you are being ignorant.

It's not a joke, it's not game, it's a legitimate pandemic that is being handled as such.
LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LiL stumppy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #6042
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Quarantine Day 1: Out of Cheetos and Little Debbie Snack Cacks. Not sure I can hold on...
Ha ha. I eat like a KING on grocery shopping day. Sweets are gone by day 2.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #6043
[null]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
86% of 11 million is 9.5 million (or thereabouts).

FAX
The suggestion is that 86% of all COVID cases were likely undiagnosed. So for every 1 diagnosis they estimated that there were 6 undocumented cases. This is on the order of tens of thousands. The article does not suggest that 86% of Wuhan had the disease.

Last edited by Stanley Nickels; 03-17-2020 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: The beginning of my post was too crass.
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #6044

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Which raises another of the crucially important unknowns, Mr. tk13.

If it's true that hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people have had the disease and presented few or no symptoms (didn't even know they had it), are we to isolate those people, ravage their livelihoods, destroy their businesses and bank accounts and scare them half to death? Or is it wiser to isolate only those individuals who are "at-risk" based on current knowledge (i.e. the elderly and those with existing compromised immune systems and/or breathing-related problems)?

FAX
The right answer is to get out ahead of it like South Korea did and isolate everyone who tests positive. But it's too late for that.

In theory if you shut everything down for a couple, three weeks you probably increase your odds if everyone obeys the order. Problem is people here aren't going to obey the order. It's hard to say you can just let people mill about normally when there's a disease spreading around we don't know everything about. We don't entirely know if there are superspreaders of this disease, and there are cases where people who seem to be doing fine deteriorate rapidly in a very short period of time. That's a dangerous wheel to spin. I don't think you're ever going to get any health official to agree to that.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #6045
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
One of my best friends is a biotech founder as are some of my clients. I have a family member in a very high position in the government. Nobody truly knows exactly what is going on and where this will take us for sure. The fact that he doesn’t buy into anything too much is great in this doom and gloom thread.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote