Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2021, 06:06 PM  
Would an idiot do that?

**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-01-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:26 AM   #586
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Funny what happens when you change direction INTO the goalie and then claim you were pushed. Weird that Rosen was able to get stopped with ease.

It's almost like he didn't figure anyone would call him on his bullshit.
You either haven't even watched the replays or you're just trolling at this point... Rosen obviously makes quite a bit of contact with Binnington first (along with Kadri's arm that's across Rosen going after the puck) and Kadri obviously changes direction because he bounced off Rosen as he's clearly in no position to immediately change direction with his body.

You can say he recklessly crashed the net (and into Rosen) or whatever, but the rest is easy to see on replays, one that even has arrows.

As pointed out, there are about a thousand comments from fans across the NHL saying it was a clean play, including most Blues fans... but, have fun with that, I guess.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #587
MVP

Calling a black guy a monkey. You stay classy St. Louis!

JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:31 AM   #588
MVP

Here's the "death threats" Kadri received - from a guy with 4 followers, one of which is an Avs fan.

kadri
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #589
I love your mom

Quote:
I actually do agree with that for the most part - if you leave the crease to be a 3rd defenseman, then you're a 3rd defenseman.

That said, if Smith were a defenseman there instead of a goalie, that's probably still a boarding call. So I wouldn't have a problem with a boarding call there.

And Binnington leaves his crease all the time. Find anytime I've complained about Binnington getting run when he's behind the net playing the puck. I don't. I think it's a dangerous decision for a goalie to make and one of the very few ways for a team to deal with that offensively is to make that goalie reticent to leave the crease. Had he been hurt playing a dump in, it wouldn't have bothered me. Frankly I expected it for awhile.

But he wasn't. He was very obviously in his crease and Kadri, as his is custom, was playing out of control. And again, completely changed direction into him. But lets keep pretending like these guys don't know how to skate through contact in ways that DON'T involve leaving his feet and dead-legging into a goalies lap and through the back of the net.

Nazem Kadri - multiple time 30 goal scorer with the skill to be a point per game player, but evidently can't skate.
He doesn’t go flying or turn his back there if he is expecting to get hit like a defender he should not have been surprised by the contact hell if he braces or reverse hit lucic there lucic probably goes flying , goalies think they are are untouchable everywhere, they set picks /slash guys behind the legs most of the game , in the paint fine but anywhere else you are a hockey player and should act and be treated accordingly.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:38 AM   #590
MVP

kadri2
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:40 AM   #591
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
You either haven't even watched the replays or you're just trolling at this point... Rosen obviously makes quite a bit of contact with Binnington first (along with Kadri's arm that's across Rosen going after the puck) and Kadri obviously changes direction because he bounced off Rosen as he's clearly in no position to immediately change direction with his body.

You can say he recklessly crashed the net (and into Rosen) or whatever, but the rest is easy to see on replays, one that even has arrows.

As pointed out, there are about a thousand comments from fans across the NHL saying it was a clean play, including most Blues fans... but, have fun with that, I guess.
Just watched replay Kadry play he could have easily avoid contact with the goalie he initiated contact with the blues player (in the back)then Bounced into the goalie dropping his shoulder no less, intent to injure no but he definitely wasn’t trying to avoid contact with the goalie .

Last edited by Monticore; 05-23-2022 at 10:46 AM..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #592
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

Oh yeah - Rosen is clearly crashing into Binnington before contact there. Clearly I'm the one that needs to look at the replay.

Nah - that's not Kadri initiating contact well outside the crease with Rosen having clearly gotten himself into position outside of it and looking to sweep the puck away.

And funny how the 'arrows' on your replay show him heading to the right of Binnington yet that image sure as shit seems to show him angling into him. Wonder what may have happened in the interim there. Maybe that right skate that's clearly angling TOWARD the crease has something to do with it. Nah, I'm sure he just 'defied physics' - much more reasonable explanation.

Again, it's almost like he thought nobody would call out his nonsense. At least he's not trying to claim he was pushed anymore.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:48 AM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Just watched replay Kadry play he could have easily avoid contact with the goalie he initiated contact with the blues player (in the back)then Bounced into the goalie dropping his shoulder no less, intent to injure no but he definitely wasn’t trying to avoid contact with the goalie .
Exactly.

Was he TRYING to injure Binnington? No - but was he trying to make contact? Yeah. He was trying to get into Binnington's head because those two don't get along and Binnington can be rattled. And in the end his limp crash into Binnington made it clear that while he may not have been trying to hurt him, he certainly wasn't taking any pains to avoid it. It's no different than a DL who crashes w/ dead weight onto a QB. Funny how that started happening less often when it became a penalty. It's almost as though elite athletes have premier body control.

He made no effort to avoid contact. And in fact he INITIATED the contact well outside the crease when simply continuing on the same path would've taken him wide of the goal mouth. Instead he bounced off the hit directly into the goalie and through him.

Hockey play, man.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #594
MVP

Quote:
Oh yeah - Rosen is clearly crashing into Binnington before contact there. Clearly I'm the one that needs to look at the replay.

Nah - that's not Kadri initiating contact well outside the crease with Rosen having clearly gotten himself into position outside of it and looking to sweep the puck away.

And funny how the 'arrows' on your replay show him heading to the right of Binnington yet that image sure as shit seems to show him angling into him. Wonder what may have happened in the interim there. Maybe that right skate that's clearly angling TOWARD the crease has something to do with it. Nah, I'm sure he just 'defied physics' - much more reasonable explanation.

Again, it's almost like he thought nobody would call out his nonsense. At least he's not trying to claim he was pushed anymore.
Yeah, the lines in this gif were drawn by an Avs fan - I couldn't find a clean version of the overhead.

I find it funny how the line is drawn to make you think Kadri is headed to the right, when it actually ROSEN who is looking to play the puck and cut into the corner, and it's KADRI who turns his skates, throws his body sideways and his ass into the back of Rosen.

He barreled in sideways looking for maximum contact.

Screen-Shot-2022-05-23-at-11-48-43-AM
Old 05-23-2022, 10:54 AM   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Yeah, the lines in this gif were drawn by an Avs fan - I couldn't find a clean version of the overhead.

I find it funny how the line is drawn to make you think Kadri is headed to the right, when it actually ROSEN who is looking to play the puck and cut into the corner, and it's KADRI who turns his skates, throws his body sideways and his ass into the back of Rosen.

Clearly getting pushed.

Lord knows I always lie about completely benign intentions.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:56 AM   #596
MVP

Old 05-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #597

Quote:

I swear the people defending Kadri have simply never worn skates.

You don't swing that right leg out wide and bury the edge for any reason OTHER than to change direction into the crease. Meanwhile you can clearly see Rosen has already braked, gotten himself under control and is taking the play and his body to the corner.

He said he was pushed. Lord that's funny. Initiates contact with a stationary defenseman a full stride outside of the crease and ****ing Avs fans are in here saying that the natural end result of that is blowing the goalie through the mouth. Hockey play - happens all the time.

Not just the same out of control reckless dipshit he's been for a decade being an out of control reckless dipshit who made no effort whatsoever to avoid contact and in fact looked to angle AROUND Rosen thus making sure that his momentum continued through Binnington.

Totally reasonable to just expect that to happen and chalk it up to the breaks of the game. If you don't you're racist now.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #598

Quote:
But there are arrows!!!

He clearly had to defy the laws of physics!!
Old 05-23-2022, 11:05 AM   #599
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Excuse making for Nazem Kadri: A tradition unlike any other...

"He was just trying to squeeze through there" as he raises his elbow into the side of Frazier's head.

I mean you'd think in 10 years in the league he'd have figured out how to stop 'accidentally' taking out goalies.

Just a hockey play, right? I'm sure there was nothing he could do. He was just playing the puck and the goalie happened to be in the crease!

One of the dirtiest players in the league who flat out ****ing lied when asked about what happened post-game and yeah, we should totally take him at his word. Nothing he could do about it. Happens all the time.

Sure seems to happen with him a lot, though...
So stepping back a bit into the realm of (attempted) reasonable conversation, what is your actual stance on the Bennington incident? I realize sometimes that we argue "sides" of things without actually being clear on what it is that we're arguing. So to be clear:

I think Kadri plays a hard game and isn't afraid of a lot of contact. He's deserved the suspensions he's gotten in previous years. I 100% understand Blues fans being frustrated about the injury and don't blame you for feeling like it's been a huge impact on your season. (For a bit of context, our starting goalie has been in net only once in the past 5 years for the final playoff game we lost, and two of them involved third-string goalies in Andrew Hammond and Michael Hutchinson.)

I think that Kadri went hard into the net in a way that isn't technically against the rules but 1) typically doesn't result in injury and 2) usually results in players policing it on the ice. If the Blues players felt that he could have avoided hitting Bennington, they should have taken care of it right away. (Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why they didn't.)

I think it's very hard to make an argument that the play should have resulted in anything more than a 2-minute minor, and I think that we wouldn't be having a conversation about this if it was any other player on the Avs. A vast majority of this discussion is just because Blues fans hate Kadri from last year (which is justified), and this play has just set off some nascent flames that have been there the entire time.

So where do you actually stand on this? Do you think the play was illegal? Should he have been suspended (and, if so, on what grounds)? Or do you just generally think he plays too hard even if he doesn't intentionally try to cause injury?

If it's the latter, I don't entirely disagree with that. I just disagree that the play was illegal, and I certainly disagree with the fact that he's having to have police security in his hotel because of threats against him.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:09 AM   #600
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
So stepping back a bit into the realm of (attempted) reasonable conversation, what is your actual stance on the Bennington incident? I realize sometimes that we argue "sides" of things without actually being clear on what it is that we're arguing. So to be clear:

I think Kadri plays a hard game and isn't afraid of a lot of contact. He's deserved the suspensions he's gotten in previous years. I 100% understand Blues fans being frustrated about the injury and don't blame you for feeling like it's been a huge impact on your season. (For a bit of context, our starting goalie has been in net only once in the past 5 years for the final playoff game we lost, and two of them involved third-string goalies in Andrew Hammond and Michael Hutchinson.)

I think that Kadri went hard into the net in a way that isn't technically against the rules but 1) typically doesn't result in injury and 2) usually results in players policing it on the ice. If the Blues players felt that he could have avoided hitting Bennington, they should have taken care of it right away. (Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why they didn't.)

I think it's very hard to make an argument that the play should have resulted in anything more than a 2-minute minor, and I think that we wouldn't be having a conversation about this if it was any other player on the Avs. A vast majority of this discussion is just because Blues fans hate Kadri from last year (which is justified), and this play has just set off some nascent flames that have been there the entire time.

So where do you actually stand on this? Do you think the play was illegal? Should he have been suspended (and, if so, on what grounds)? Or do you just generally think he plays too hard even if he doesn't intentionally try to cause injury?

If it's the latter, I don't entirely disagree with that. I just disagree that the play was illegal, and I certainly disagree with the fact that he's having to have police security in his hotel because of threats against him.
Why, so we can put the best PP in the league on the ice?

Not the time for retaliation in a 1-0 game you're leading, and in a 1-1 tied series. Retaliation only hurts STL more there. Guys were smart, and I have no doubt it will get handled at some point - just like it did *checks notes* when this happened a year ago.