Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:47 AM   #586
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
But maybe he did? We were all confused that they didn't use more of their insane cap room in the offseason. Perhaps part of that was hedging their bets in terms of Luck's future.
You're literally repeating something I posted a few weeks ago, long before he retired....day late, dollar short...for the lack of a better cliche.

In case you forgot..I was one of maybe three people that said Hill was innocent the day his news broke...and the first, here, to suggest his girlfriend was crazy and might have inflated the college scenario.

Judge by the book...the book judges back.

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-26-2019 at 03:53 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:34 AM   #587
Veteran

this is good news for Chiefs Kingdom

DTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDTVietnam 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-26-2019, 04:40 AM   #588
Hockey Town

The biggest reason people are made is jealousy, if 99.9 percent of people had 100 mill in earned wages, felt like they were physically feeling shitty and had a wife about to have their first kid they'd never work again either...**** most people would never work again just with that money value.

It makes people mad to see a young guy step away because frankly they don't have that option.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:59 AM   #589
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The biggest reason people are made is jealousy, if 99.9 percent of people had 100 mill in earned wages, felt like they were physically feeling shitty and had a wife about to have their first kid they'd never work again either...**** most people would never work again just with that money value.

It makes people mad to see a young guy step away because frankly they don't have that option.
Bullshit. He's keeping 97 mil and what do the fans get that bought tickets and all the bullshit merchandise? Nothing, money gone to watch a team they thought was going to be a contender. Now they are not all. False advertising. Luck can retire, that's fine but do it when they can plan and the fans can make up their mind on tickets. I everage Joe would cut off their arm for 97 mil but Luck is spoiled.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:05 AM   #590
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Bullshit. He's keeping 97 mil and what do the fans get that bought tickets and all the bullshit merchandise? Nothing, money gone to watch a team they thought was going to be a contender. Now they are not all. False advertising. Luck can retire, that's fine but do it when they can plan and the fans can make up their mind on tickets. I everage Joe would cut off their arm for 97 mil but Luck is spoiled.
In reality though, he doesn't owe anyone anything, I have no issue with a player that uses the NFL as opposed to the NFL using the player and spitting them out.

Average fan is mad because something like this reminds them they don't get the option to retire at 30 to do whatever they want.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:08 AM   #591
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good View Post
Anyone who's had any sort of major injury understands just what kind of hell you go through to get "healthy". Most people never completely recover and will be in pain in some form for the rest of their lives.

Unfortunately for most people - they dont have the financial positions to quit their jobs and focus on their health - but if they did - many would do exactly what Luck has done. I can't imagine the sort of shit he's had to deal with given the array of injuries he's had over the years.

Its pretty obvious that Luck told the Colts months ago he was mulling retirement. Im guessing the Colts brass told him to take his time in hopes he would change his mind. He didn't and now he's being ostracized for the timing of it.
By all accounts, this was only brought up by Andrew last Monday. And mainly because his ankle wasn’t responding to treatment(I think that injury is more serious than we know, and likely would have kept him out all season anyway).

He said his shoulder rehab in 2016 turned him into someone he didn’t like and if he ever found himself in that position again, he’d choose himself. I guess he felt like this situation was that one all over again.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:11 AM   #592
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
By all accounts, this was only brought up by Andrew last Monday. And mainly because his ankle wasn’t responding to treatment(I think that injury is more serious than we know, and likely would have kept him out all season anyway).

He said his shoulder rehab in 2016 turned him into someone he didn’t like and if he ever found himself in that position again, he’d choose himself. I guess he felt like this situation was that one all over again.
He also said his shoulder rehab taught him that there was more to life than football and that being home also saved his relationship.

There were signs that this man was realizing that he found other things in life more rewarding that football, the writing was on the wall.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:19 AM   #593
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
He also said his shoulder rehab taught him that there was more to life than football and that being home also saved his relationship.

There were signs that this man was realizing that he found other things in life more rewarding that football, the writing was on the wall.
and all the backlash is childish.

These guys get paid a lot of money to risk their bodies for our entertainment. At whatever point they decide they've had enough, it's their right to walk away, and Luck decided to while he still can 'walk' away.

People think because they watch the games they're owed something more; it's incredibly childish and selfish. These players are people; and we think nothing of the league chewing them up and spitting them out, discarding them when their bodies break down. When a star decides to leave on his own terms, he's a pussy. Whatever.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:25 AM   #594
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
It's their choice to be a fan..

I agree totally bad timing on Lucks part but I don't think he could help it because of the pressure to get back to football shape before the season starts. I doubt he was expecting to retire before the draft and he thought he would be good to go for the season but it just didn't rehab the way it should have. Anyways Andrew Luck has taken a lot of hits moreso than most quarterbacks in the league I think him and A A Ron are the most sacked quarterbacks. Those take a toll on your psyche and I'm sure he would be going full Cassell fetal and not be the same competitor as he once was so whats the point of him taking the field only to not give the Colts 100% and end up being carried off on a stretcher?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:29 AM   #595
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Do you ever feel ****ing ashamed of being a Colts fan? You should.

You sucked dick and got Manning. You rolled with Manning for most of his career. Then he was out. So to replace him, you didn't trade up or develop a player. You didn't get lucky on a late round pick. You didn't do anything that required any kind of bold initiative or thought. You didn't even suffer for more losing than was absolutely minimum. Just BAM! New QB. All American boy. Stanford grad who turned down tens of millions of dollars in the last year of the CBA all so he could stay an extra year and finish his college education. Perfect size. Super intelligent. Great arm. Everybody loves him. Just sitting there, waiting to change the most deserving franchise in need of his help...

Oh. It's the shitbag Colts.

If the Colts don't win at least 4 games this year, the NFL should contract your shitty ****ing franchise. Your team has never been able to survive a single goddamn season without a top 5 QB at the helm. What a pathetic ****ing bunch of losers and phonies.

You're still waltzing around here like you didn't do anything wrong. Get ****ed. You have no idea what kind of pain awaits you in QB purgatory because you've never had to suffer through an era like that. And I don't want to hear one ****ing word about what life was like post-Unitas and pre-Manning. I guarantee you it wasn't as bad as you think it was.

Go through 20 years without a real QB. Go through 30 years without a real QB. Then get back to us. Then maybe you'll earn a single shred of respect and have your thoughts taken seriously.

You really have no clue what you speak of.

You’re talking to a fan of a franchise that spent the number one overall pick on Jeff “douchebag extraordinaire” George and the 4th pick on Art Schlichter, who’s gambling addiction was so bad that he’s STILL in prison over it. Oh, and we also drafted some dude named Elway, who flat out refused to play for us.

Colts fans know what qb purgatory is. Maybe not to the extent that Chiefs fans do, but we know.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 08-26-2019 at 05:42 AM..
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:40 AM   #596
MVP

Luck was always too smart for the NFL...he just happened to be blessed with the body of a professional QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if he vanishes like Barry Sanders...which makes me like him that much more.

He doesn't strike me as a NFL "lifer"...he sized up his situation and said **** it.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:44 AM   #597
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:

Colts fans know what qb purgatory is. Maybe not to the extent that Chiefs fans do, but we know.
Oh you poor unfortunate soul. You drafted a bust at #1 overall years ago? I shall lend you my tears so that you may weep doubly!

Butt****ing moron. That's not QB purgatory. That's being the Colts.

You're about to enter QB purgatory. You will soon know the difference, pillowbiter.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:45 AM   #598
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Luck was always too smart for the NFL...he just happened to be blessed with the body of a professional QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if he vanishes like Barry Sanders...which makes me like him that much more.

He doesn't strike me as a NFL "lifer"...he sized up his situation and said **** it.
He became a quarterback because his dad was a quarterback. He just didn’t love it.

As Irsay pointed out, he’s walking away from probably 500 million in future earnings. He must REALLY hate playing football.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:46 AM   #599
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
It's their choice to be a fan..

I agree totally bad timing on Lucks part but I don't think he could help it because of the pressure to get back to football shape before the season starts. I doubt he was expecting to retire before the draft and he thought he would be good to go for the season but it just didn't rehab the way it should have. Anyways Andrew Luck has taken a lot of hits moreso than most quarterbacks in the league I think him and A A Ron are the most sacked quarterbacks. Those take a toll on your psyche and I'm sure he would be going full Cassell fetal and not be the same competitor as he once was so whats the point of him taking the field only to not give the Colts 100% and end up being carried off on a stretcher?

It was reported yesterday that he really didn’t start having thoughts about retiring until about two weeks ago. His ankle/calf injury must be worse than being reported and he just said “screw It, I’m done”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:49 AM   #600
MVP

Quote:
He must REALLY hate playing football.
I think he's probably bored with it...if he gave a shit, he wouldn't be retiring. He just had an amazing season...

He's over it...and with $100 mil in earnings, there was no point in risking his future health.

People calling him a pussy are stupid...I would have done exactly what he did.

Bye, Bye Papa Johns...find some other sucker to break his neck...to move terrible pizza.