Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

I was going to go up to Wells Fargo last Friday to watch some matches but my nephew decided he didn't want to go and the whole reason I was going was to give him a ride.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I was going to go up to Wells Fargo last Friday to watch some matches but my nephew decided he didn't want to go and the whole reason I was going was to give him a ride.
Ever been to state? It’s cool, man.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:12 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
Ever been to state? It’s cool, man.
Oh yeah, I've been there several times. Just not this year. My older nephew used to wrestle for PCM.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Oh yeah, I've been there several times. Just not this year. My older nephew used to wrestle for PCM.
Nice...they had a great team this year. I know a ton of people from PCM wrestling. My brother Shea’s rival his Junior year was a dude named Tristan Clark. There was this Oldham kid that my best friend from high school used to have battles with.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #6
Supporter

I've seen ricos brothers wrestle a couple of times this year.

I had tickets to finals but got distracted and didn't end up getting there, which annoyed me.
My fall has been busy with youth wrestling, kid state and one more tournament we will call it a season....for a couple of weeks and then I think we will do some freestyle if my kid is still motivated. Been a pretty good year so far.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I've seen ricos brothers wrestle a couple of times this year.

I had tickets to finals but got distracted and didn't end up getting there, which annoyed me.
My fall has been busy with youth wrestling, kid state and one more tournament we will call it a season....for a couple of weeks and then I think we will do some freestyle if my kid is still motivated. Been a pretty good year so far.
Going to AAU this weekend? My daughter is wrestling in the girls division Sunday.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
Going to AAU this weekend? My daughter is wrestling in the girls division Sunday.
I probably will. 2 of the boys I've been helping made it.
I didn't expect my kid to make it through, his district was a buzz saw at his weight and he was young side of bracket. That said, we are still hitting tournaments and he is 10-3 since the week before districts with 2 wins over kids that had beaten him this year. He loves rematches vs kids that have beaten him and I like that he likes that. Enjoying the grind but we will be done for the season after next weekend.

Short story about one of the reasons wrestling is good for kids.
As mentioned, my boy keeps a mental list of the kids that have beaten him and wants to find rematches. We look at tournament schedules and sometimes decide based on the chances that one or another will be there. One boy has beaten him twice this year, pinning him the second time. My kid was pretty upset about that and brooding about it. He had mentioned both weeks we saw him that this boy was nice, and had said if they went to the same school they would probably be friends. He does seem like a nice kid. Anyway we were going to take the weekend off 3 weeks ago because I thought he was getting burned out. He starts lobbying the night before to go to xyz because that is this boys town and he'd be there. I decided to go and we took a handful of boys over last minute...in a snow storm hour and a half trip. The boy is there, in my kids bracket....they do bullpen style where age group is called and paired up and sat in bleachers before their round. I look over and my kid is chumming and chatting and laughing with this kid bforst two rounds. I take him asside and say "look, it's great you like the kid, it's ok to be friends, but you came over here to kick his butt...get your mind right and tell him you can talk after the match is over...... great, hard fought match...my kid wins 5-3. Other kid is devestated. My kid consoles him.... the kid needs 10 minutes to regroup, they get medals and then he and my boy are back to chatting and he even sat with him on the edge of the mat to cheer a couple of our kids who were still going. That's the stuff that makes kids wrestling fun.a

When you're 40, very few people care if you were a national champ, state champ or .500. It's the lessons you learn and embracing the grind that pay off long term.

Last edited by Iowanian; 02-21-2019 at 07:49 AM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:41 PM   #9

Quote:
I probably will. 2 of the boys I've been helping made it.
I didn't expect my kid to make it through, his district was a buzz saw at his weight and he was young side of bracket. That said, we are still hitting tournaments and he is 10-3 since the week before districts with 2 wins over kids that had beaten him this year. He loves rematches vs kids that have beaten him and I like that he likes that. Enjoying the grind but we will be done for the season after next weekend.

Short story about one of the reasons wrestling is good for kids.
As mentioned, my boy keeps a mental list of the kids that have beaten him and wants to find rematches. We look at tournament schedules and sometimes decide based on the chances that one or another will be there. One boy has beaten him twice this year, pinning him the second time. My kid was pretty upset about that and brooding about it. He had mentioned both weeks we saw him that this boy was nice, and had said if they went to the same school they would probably be friends. He does seem like a nice kid. Anyway we were going to take the weekend off 3 weeks ago because I thought he was getting burned out. He starts lobbying the night before to go to xyz because that is this boys town and he'd be there. I decided to go and we took a handful of boys over last minute...in a snow storm hour and a half trip. The boy is there, in my kids bracket....they do bullpen style where age group is called and paired up and sat in bleachers before their round. I look over and my kid is chumming and chatting and laughing with this kid bforst two rounds. I take him asside and say "look, it's great you like the kid, it's ok to be friends, but you came over here to kick his butt...get your mind right and tell him you can talk after the match is over...... great, hard fought match...my kid wins 5-3. Other kid is devestated. My kid consoles him.... the kid needs 10 minutes to regroup, they get medals and then he and my boy are back to chatting and he even sat with him on the edge of the mat to cheer a couple of our kids who were still going. That's the stuff that makes kids wrestling fun.a

When you're 40, very few people care if you were a national champ, state champ or .500. It's the lessons you learn and embracing the grind that pay off long term.
I had a ton of experiences like that growing up in wrestling. Some of my best friends to this day are guys I competed against and became friends with off the mat.

I was never really the guy who hunted people who had beaten me...we just kind of wrestled wherever... but I had a TON that hunted me after I had beaten them. They would write on their entry form, "my boy would like to wrestle rico." Haha, it always used to stress me out because I didn't want to lose to a person I had beaten before who obviously prioritized beating me... didn't want to show any potential regression... I don't think I ever lost one of those, but they always stressed me out.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #10

So my bro became an AA as a true Freshman at 165 lbs this weekend! I am proud as hell...

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
Supporter

Congrats to your brother...he looked really good the two times we saw him in person.

I think it's always hard to beat someone multiple times. They maybe are more motivated....and especially with kids, I think they overlook a kid they have beaten.

It doesn't always work out. Last week was our last tournament for the hear(unless he wants to do a little freestyle). There aren't many tournaments left and there were some really good kids at a tourn that has been pretty much a locals type. My kid had a boy that had hip tossed and pinned him in Jan. He was excited for the rematch. Took the boy down with a high c change double he had struggled with lately...kid escapes, my boy hits him with a double...the boy stands up, faces him puts in and over under and hits him with a lateral drop and pinned him. My kid was upset, but I explained that he learned more in that match than beating in some fish. Next year will go better with him being on the top end of the age group....and summer wrestling.

I'm always shocked at how many matches some of these 3-4th grade boys have had in a season....several in the 90+ matches...my kid has around 30 and I thought that was a lot.

I've enjoyed this season. Several of the boys I've helped coach are making big improvement and finished off the year beating some really good club kids. I enjoyed that a lot.

Short break and then back at it.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Congrats to your brother...he looked really good the two times we saw him in person.
Thanks man! We are pretty happy for him!

You gonna try out the freestyle scene? It may be compatible for your son in terms of the age groups for they (USA Wretling) go by year of birth opposed to grade... so you won’t have to deal with the “hold back” stuff.

I inquired with Clay about making a highlight vid for my bro’s Postseason and the dude seriously knocked it out of the park. Seriously... the dude (Clay) creates one of the most unique wrestling highlight vids I have ever seen in my life. I’m gonna propose to him a Pokémon-Perfect Strangers themed Austin Desanto and Spencer Lee (his intro song is the Pokémon song) to him and I guarantee the thing will get a TON of views... for there is a rabid fan base in wrestling, but not a ton of competition in terms of producing this stuff...

Seriously, check this out:

Brought exactly what I had in mind to life.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #13
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

RICO, you are still alive! I haven't seen anything from you since the big Mahomes era started!
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
RICO, you are still alive! I haven't seen anything from you since the big Mahomes era started!
Haha yeah I’m around... I always get really busy during wrestling season... it’s when I post here the least. This year this was multiplied because I am now in charge of doing the HS rankings in Iowa and am a journalist for The Predicament.... So yeah, that’s been time consuming as hell. Lotta names to remember.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #15
Better than Nelson

RICO!!! DREW FOSTER!

So what was his deal in HS? I remember checking in on that HS team because of you. If I recall correctly, Foster wasn't even the highest achiever.

Was he always regarded as the most talented person on that team, and just never put it together?
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.