Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2022, 08:31 PM  
MVP

What was the first song you liked?

Disregarding nursery rhymes and anything before age 6...

What's your first memory of a song that really caught your ear?

For me it was "Henry the Eighth" by Herman's Hermits. Catchy, and I could sing along to the simple lyrics. I think I was 6 or 7.

Also...

What was the first music you bought with your own money? Single, Album, etc..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:19 AM   #46
MFIC

Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:17 AM   #47
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Upon reflection, the first album I ever bought was "Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods" in 1974 - I would have been eight or nine at the time. Their big hit was Billy Don't Be A Hero. If you've never heard of them, don't feel bad, since they rose and fell to obscurity very quickly.

Here's a video. I love the cringe-worthy jumpsuits they're wearing. Some nightmare combination of Elvis and Evil Knievel. Ah, the 70s.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #48
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
God damn near shed a tear thinking of this......
It's a beauty of a song. Of course, it holds a special place with my family. My sister and mom got tattoos memorializing it. My brother and I are, in fact, pussies, so we did not do this lol.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #49
Forever Royal

The first song I really remember thinking it was my favorite is either Dream On or I Saw the Sign. Not even sure that’s the title though. My first CD was an Aerosmith greatest hits.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:33 AM   #50
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
"Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" for me as a kid. Also a good one.
Boy does that song bring back memories.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:33 PM   #51
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
This was the Space Jam soundtrack on cassette with the money I got for my 7th birthday.
So as a young kid, I didn't really have my own money which is why my first direct album purchase was when I was older.

But if I was selective, my mom would pretty much buy me something if she thought I was serious (not just spur of the moment).

I remember getting ABBA albums basically as they came out but she might have been buying them for herself as much as me.

A friend's older brother was playing an album one day, it was a little harder to talk my mom into buying ELP Brain Salad Surgery because of the name.

Although she ended up liking the Benny was a Bouncer song.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:23 PM   #52
MVP

Throw the Jew Down The Well by Borat Sagdiev. It was a classic.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:30 PM   #53
Supporter

First music that was 'mine' as in I chose it and tuned in was on my clock radio.

Q-104 top 5 at 9.

First ones I remember being hyped for were;

Dexie's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen

Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me

Then that summer, Beat It was everywhere all the time.

I'll stand behind all three as bangers to this day.

First song I loved through osmosis was Chooglin off my Dad's Credence Live in Europe Record. Pops would listen to that at least once or twice a month from when I was a toddler

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:35 PM   #54
Veteran

First song I remember liking was green grass of home by Tom Jones my first album was Hair of the dog by Nazareth
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:44 PM   #55
Supporter

First purchase was either;

Beastie Boys - License to Ill
or
Metallica - Kill 'Em All

In either case it was at the record department of the Venture on Bannister.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:07 PM   #56
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
Throw the Jew Down The Well by Borat Sagdiev. It was a classic.
That's Prison Bitch's ring tone.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:19 PM   #57
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
That's Prison Bitch's ring tone.
I KNEW somebody was going to post this.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:15 PM   #58
Veteran

Don Mclean - American Pie
Tommy James - Crimson and Clover
oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.oldandslow Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:43 PM   #59
In Search of a Life

First 45 I bought was “Band in the Run”

First LP I bought was News of the World.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:22 PM   #60
Here We Go Again

This is the first song I can remember going "wow".

First CD I ever owned was Nirvana's Nevermind.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.