Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2022, 12:32 PM  
Banned

Microsoft to acquire Activision in $67b deal

Microsoft is acquiring Activision, the troubled publisher of Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Diablo. The deal will value Activision at $68.7 billion, far in excess of the $26 billion Microsoft paid to acquire LinkedIn in 2016. It’s Microsoft’s biggest push into gaming, and the company says it will be the “third-largest gaming company by revenue, behind Tencent and Sony” once the deal closes.

Microsoft plans to add many of Activision’s games to Xbox Game Pass once the deal closes. With the acquisition of Activision, Microsoft will soon publish franchises like Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, Call of Duty, and Candy Crush. “Upon close, we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog,” says Microsoft’s CEO of gaming Phil Spencer.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/18/2...duty-overwatch

Last edited by eDave; 01-18-2022 at 12:39 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:09 PM   #46
oxymoron

The real problem to me is one company owning all these up. It's going to destroy competition. There won't be any real competition in the marketplace. Already seeing cross platform stuff going to Microsoft exclusive systems

It's kind of like WWE buying up WCW and wrestling turning into complete hot garbage. But without much chance of anything like AEW showing up.

I don't see how this can be anything but bad for gamers long term
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:28 PM   #47
Everybody Lies.

It seems the only games I play anymore are FromSoftware games, Rocket League, or older games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Bioshock, etc. I was fortunate enough to get a PS5 back when they launched and aside from the Demon's Souls remake, the only thing it's offered me is faster loading times on PS4 games I already had.

I don't even care for Sony exclusives anymore. I am looking forward to Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring though, so that's something.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:30 PM   #48
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
Elder Scrolls 6 will be 100% exclusive…
Really. That's still a thing?

I grew old and retired from gaming waiting for the successor to Skyrim come out. (Don't have the hand eye coordination anymore.)
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:24 PM   #49
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Really. That's still a thing?

I grew old and retired from gaming waiting for the successor to Skyrim come out. (Don't have the hand eye coordination anymore.)
Yeah it was announced a few years back…who knows when it’s coming though, could be like 2025 or 2026 TBH.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:36 PM   #50
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Yeah it was announced a few years back…who knows when it’s coming though, could be like 2025 or 2026 TBH.
It won't be that long I don't think. MS is going to want that thing on GP as quickly as possible, part of the reason for the acquisition.

All the remains to be seen if it's a timed exclusive or not. It's going to come to Xbox and PC before anything else, that is for certain.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:40 PM   #51
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Remember watching "House of Cards" on Netflix, and thinking how amazing the future of streaming would be?Netflix's output is now a total deluge of crap, with the occasional nugget if you sift through the garbage.
Seems revisionist. Netflix outputs more original content than the other services combined. There are lots of good shows in there. Same with the bad. Just like everyone else and cable. The only gripe with Netflix is they give up shows too early. But everyone seems to be doing that.
I also wish they would add or create sports channels.

I am not sure how I feel on the ms purchase. They will want to make a profit, but how quick of turn around?
I assume they keep the agreements in place until they expire.
So that means:
1. They keep the games multiplatform and Nintendo and Sony have to get used to the Xbox logo on the games.
MS, definitely optimizes the games for Xbox and gets exclusives first.
2. They make all the games exclusive to sell more Xboxes and game pass.

I wonder how Europe courts will respond. They hate MS already. Will be interesting to see how Japanese gamers respond.

Honestly, if MS releases a good mw2 multiplayer remake that is all I want.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #52
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Ya, they are balls deeps into Starfield. It will be a while before ES6 is out.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:12 PM   #53
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

I imagine they'll still keep COD multiplatiform as there is simply too much money to be made by doing so with a game that popular. However, Ps users will probably have to pay retail for it while Gamepass users will get it with that service.

Just a guess though. We will have to wait and see.

Overall, I don't think the buyout is bad for gaming. Nothing wrong w competition and Ps still has some great exclusives, most notably - God Of War.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.