Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2019, 07:42 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

75th Anniversary of D-Day. The greatest generation saves us from the Nazi's.

At the time, we still could have lost the war, It was not decided. If this landing failed.... we could have ended up with Nazis controlling part of the world. These 18-20 year old kids who have never left their hometown out of the hills of Kentucky, plains of Kansas etc. saved us and the whole world from the Nazi's. A debt of remembrance is forever due.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #46
sorta mod-ish

So are we supposed to believe Western Europe, and the world overall, would have been a more suitable place had the Soviets taken it over 75 years ago? Is that what I'm reading from you, Discuss? Or is this just more of your ultra-lewrockwell side showing here?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #47
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
So are we supposed to believe Western Europe, and the world overall, would have been a more suitable place had the Soviets taken it over 75 years ago? Is that what I'm reading from you, Discuss? Or is this just more of your ultra-lewrockwell side showing here?
Whatever positives US 'liberation' bought to Europe does not outweigh the cost in American lives.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #48
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Lithuania and Ukraine were the bigger surprises. Especially the former.
Not at all, considering the history between them.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #49
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Whatever positives US 'liberation' bought to Europe does not outweigh the cost in American lives.
So, you would have just told the Germans, "No thanks. We don't want to be at war with you," correct?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #50
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
So, you would have just told the Germans, "No thanks. We don't want to be at war with you," correct?
Well for one WW2 was really just an extension of WW1.

Which, don't let this shock you, I believe the USA also had no business being involved in.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #51
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:

Which, don't let this shock you, I believe the USA also had no business being involved in.
So, yes, you think we should have reacted the way I stated. That's not realistic.

Yes, the primary reason for WWII was WWI. And, I'm not shocked and I don't necessarily disagree with you.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #52
sorta mod-ish

Well at least it was the lewrockwell choice and not the "who cares about Communism" choice, I'll give you that.

The loss of American lives on foreign soil is never anything to feel good about, but in the specific case of WWII, I feel like our country and the world itself is far better off for our involvement and sacrifice in that war.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:47 PM
Bowser
This message has been deleted by Bowser. Reason: dupe
Old 06-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #53
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
So, yes, you think we should have reacted the way I stated. That's not realistic.

Yes, the primary reason for WWII was WWI. And, I'm not shocked and I don't necessarily disagree with you.
Roosevelt leaned into fastballs thrown by Hitler by stepping in to the batter's box in order to move the European allies (but chiefly Britain) from 1st to 2nd.

Shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. Same with Japan really, but at least they actually invaded USA unlike Germany.

EDIT: Bowser, I don't consume anything from Lew Rockwell, so..
Old 06-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #54
Diablo Negro

200MM people killed under communism since 1900. Yea Europe and the US would have been so much better off with Russia controlling all of Europe.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #55
MVP

Just remember that there are still Nazi marches in the USA, and those “very fine people” are defended by your president. Remember that.

Because it’s 100% true.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #56
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Roosevelt leaned into fastballs thrown by Hitler by stepping in to the batter's box in order to move the European allies (but chiefly Britain) from 1st to 2nd.

Shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. Same with Japan really, but at least they actually invaded USA unlike Germany.

EDIT: Bowser, I don't consume anything from Lew Rockwell, so..
I have no idea what the first paragraph means.

As to the Japanese invading "USA," not they didn't.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #57
In BB I trust

Quote:

What does that have to do with whether we should invade Europe in 1944?

Let's put that aside -- it's 1944. You've spent years planning to invade Western Europe. You've committed TREMENDOUS amounts of men and material to that end. You've promised your Russian allies -- who are SCREAMING at you for help and for already delaying (in their view) your efforts on the continent itself.

By spring 1944 the Russians have BARELY squeaked past their Russian territorial regions and into occupied Eastern Europe. Stalingrad is over a year in the rear-view mirror, and Kursk nearly a year, and yet there is still well organized, determined, resistance by the Germans.

You don't KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT that the Russians will win. There is no way to know that. You may think it, but you can't KNOW it.

And yet you will decide -- what? To not invade? To exit the war altogether? "Good luck Russia -- my all-seeing crystal ball says you will win -- you TOTALLY GOT THIS!"

Are you cutting off the supplies you're providing to to the Russians? What about the bombing campaign?

"Good luck England. Hope the Russians finish the job."?

What, exactly, is your plan here based on the information and knowledge that you had AT THE TIME?
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:53 PM   #58
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
200MM people dead under communism since 1900. Yea Europe and the US would have been so much better off with Russia controlling all of Europe.
They should have resisted. Not our problem.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #59
In BB I trust

Quote:
I have no idea what the first paragraph means.

As to the Japanese invading "USA," not they didn't.

Well, technically the Aleutians -- in 1942! Not that he meant that, or even knew about it...
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #60
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Just remember that there are still Nazi marches in the USA, and those “very fine people” are defended by your president. Remember that.

Because it’s 100% true.
I love it when people selectively forget all of his quote just to hate on him some more.