Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2024, 05:21 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

"The refs!!!" and generational QBs

I've noticed that no matter what Mahomes does, there will always be a portion of opposing NFL fans who are both too stupid and too prideful to bend the knee. The problem for them is Mahomes has accomplished everything he needs to do to be a part of NFL QB Mt. Rushmore before he's even 30 years old, so they're going to latch on to the one bulletproof excuse they have left: The refs!

You saw it with that Kermit Raider fan wearing a Mahomes/ref kissing shirt. Go to any reddit/twatter/facespace/whatever thread and some hater will chime in with "Y no holding callz in teh Super Bowlz???"

Then it occurred to me that many of us were doing the same thing when it was our QBless trainwreck franchise trying to beat Manning, Brady, etc. for years. Even now I think back to that AFCC game and that ****ing horrific fake roughing call on Jones and the no-fumble verdict on Edelman and I can't help but shake my head and think those calls go different ways if we're not playing Brady.

So I guess now that I'm on the other side of things, and the losers who scream REFS! at all of Mahomes' accomplishments are making asses of themselves, I feel like I need to make a time machine and go back and slap myself in the face for being a sourpuss hater.

Are you in the same boat?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #46
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
What aren’t you getting about the fact that Mahomes won 2 SBs with mediocre (or worse) defenses? The fact that one was finally good for him doesn’t change the fact he didn’t need them to win; the fraud GOAT always did.
I never disagreed with Mahomes winning a SB with a mediocre defense and an average/slightly above average defense. My disagreement is when you say Mahomes doesn’t need a good defense to win a SB despite him winning this one BECAUSE of the defense. I see how you are taking a jab at Brady and I get it. I also feel like he’s been a beneficiary of many great defenses. But you don’t have to post things that are not factual to build up Mahomes even more.

Last edited by tredadda; Yesterday at 05:42 PM..
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #47
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
But you said he had 1 average defense in 3 Bowls. Why lie? D was elite last year
I said he had one defence that was better than league average of the three yes. Last year’s (6th in the league in defensive DVOA). They were 14th and 16th in the two other years; Brady was not winning SBs with defenses that poor.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #48
In Search of a Life

No way Dee Ford is called offsides in that situation if it wasn't Brady... **** Tom Brady.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #49
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
No way Dee Ford is called offsides in that situation if it wasn't Brady... **** Tom Brady.
The roughing the passer shoulder pad touch by Chris Jones was the real evidence
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #50
Shaken. Not stirred.

Who cares. We have Mahomes.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote