Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2019, 09:55 AM  
I'll be back.

Tyreek gets paid

3 years, $54 mil, $35 mil guarantee

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 09-06-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
It's cool the nfl reddit is doing their best Brooke right now, apparently Tyreek Hill is worse than AB and the Chiefs tried to sneak this in because of all that drama.
Time to go troll reddit.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #47
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
its bad because its a bad take, were you saying that about steve smith?
Eh, I could be wrong, some guys stay fast but I understand playing those odds.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #48
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
its bad because its a bad take, were you saying that about steve smith?
My favorite player outside the Chiefs. Badass mofo.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #49
In Search of a Life

In other news

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #50
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
This may sound bad, but Thomas is more likely to be productive longer, the minute Hill starts to lose speed his effectiveness is going to go with it.
Maybe, but maybe not.

Hill tracks the ball as well as anyone in the league and runs pristine routes. And if he loses a step, he's still faster than most guys out there.

If Thomas loses a step, he's in some trouble. He won't be able to get separation at that point despite also being an elite route runner.

Conventional wisdom is that 'speed guys' don't age as well but then you see Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson and realize that it's maybe a little overblown. They don't stay as fast as they were, but they still stay awfully damn fast. Meanwhile someone like Thomas, when he slows, just won't be able to pull away anymore and he'll become a 3rd down, red zone possession receiver.

I like that they kept Hill a lot. And I think the AAV is about what should've been expected. If this was all they could get him to agree to then it's better than nothing.

But I still wish we could've locked him in for another season or two as the cap figures continue to rise. He really could've been a screaming bargain in the last year or two of that deal. As it stands I think he'll be an elite player making roughly market rates. It's better than not having an elite player at all, but there's just a little less upside baked in here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #51
MVP

Tyreek should tweet at Brooke Pryor “How do you like THOSE commas?”
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #52
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #53
In Search of a Life

Old 09-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
4 years 54+ what he makes this season is lower than I expected.

Guaranteed money was reasonable.
Ah.

I never expected them to tear up this season's deal - it wasn't a realistic ask by Hill or his reps. He didn't have that kind of leverage. I don't think holding out was a credible threat for him when he needed to get on the field and change the narrative on him.

As for the guaranteed money, it's hard for me to worry about it a great deal when we're talking about a young player with premier skills and a shorter term deal. If we need to talk about cutting him, things have gone terribly awry. With a guy like this, who you hope plays all 4 years of the contract, the guaranteed portions are ancillary concerns, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #55
In Search of a Life

Don’t worry, Tyreek will get paid again after the 4 years are up. Hill/Mahomes is the new Montana/Rice
Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Excuse me waitress, but i did not request piss in my Cheerios.
I know. And it comes off reading a little harsher than I meant it.

Like I said - I'm happy they got something done. And the team is in a better situation going forward for having done so.

I'm just getting a little greedy there as someone who thinks there's a genuine HoF career arc for Hill here if he stays for the duration of his career. I want MORE years of control if I can get them because the connection between him and Mahomes is just unreal and it will get harder and harder to keep Hill at market as Mahomes gets to his.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #57
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #58
Andy Reid Supporter

I’m very pleased with Veach’s cap management. Watkins, Honey Badger and Hill have 3 year deals instead of longer more risky contracts.

This has been planned well for Pat’s new contract
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #59
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I know. And it comes off reading a little harsher than I meant it.

Like I said - I'm happy they got something done. And the team is in a better situation going forward for having done so.

I'm just getting a little greedy there as someone who thinks there's a genuine HoF career arc for Hill here if he stays for the duration of his career. I want MORE years of control if I can get them because the connection between him and Mahomes is just unreal and it will get harder and harder to keep Hill at market as Mahomes gets to his.
If Hill thinks the cap is going to rise huge, which some do, he may want a chance to get paid again.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #60
Veteran

I'm going to say this very politely.

I am ecstatic for Tyreek and the Chiefs.

I am also very pleased that Brooke Pryor has found employment elsewhere.

I seem nice.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote