Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2024, 08:50 PM  
Starter

Do you believe that Pro Football Focus is any good at grading players?

I'm not qualified to say. As an Ohio State fan I always enjoy reading the grades players received after each game. There is no way for the average fan to truly know how well ALL of the individual players played.

For instance, a former Ohio State coach created his own podcast and he obtains game videos and breaks them down for fans and essentially grades the players' performances. For a rabid fan, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Does anyone do that for K.C. games?

Anyway, PFF DOES and so my question is, again, do you believe they're any good at it?
K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:23 PM   #46
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post
Is that the best you've got???

Whatever reerun, go back trying to turn your tv on with the calculator.

Christ you're a stupid ****

You asked for explanations and I gave you a really good one. That apparently turned you into a raging pussy. Have some toast and beans and chill out. PFF doesn't need anymore apologists. They already have Chris Collinsworth.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:30 PM   #47
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post

You asked for explanations and I gave you a really good one. That apparently turned you into a raging pussy. Have some toast and beans and chill out. PFF doesn't need anymore apologists. They already have Chris Collinsworth.
Your "explanation" was utter nonsense and did little for your argument, it was at this point I realised i was talking to dumb ****ing hicks no wonder it took a british company to teach you your own sport.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-28-2024, 01:34 PM   #48
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post

You started with insults not me
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-28-2024, 06:49 PM   #49
pie is never free

Danguard got super butthurt wow, and he richly deserved it

That said, I'm NOT a fan of constantly shitting on our BritNation fans ... 99% of them coming in here are good chaps who actually know their team, and I appreciate that

Unfortunate as it may be, I likely have English blood in me!
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:21 PM   #50
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
You started with insults not me
Telling you to **** off is not an insult. If I would have said, “I would tell you to **** off, but you’re probably too stupid to do that,” that’s an insult.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:21 PM   #51
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Your "explanation" was utter nonsense and did little for your argument, it was at this point I realised i was talking to dumb ****ing hicks no wonder it took a british company to teach you your own sport.
Tell me why it was utter nonsense.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:27 PM   #52
MVP

I think they’re trying to track on an X and Y axis but the balls is shaped like Hey Arnold’s head.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:31 PM   #53
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
People fear what they do not understand

Pff grades are purely a measurement of efficiency but you rednecks get your kunts all bloody about it.

Totally pathetic
Oh we understand it. Some of us have a legit eye for evaluating players. You realize that right? Working for pff means dick.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:32 PM   #54
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Danguard got super butthurt wow, and he richly deserved it

That said, I'm NOT a fan of constantly shitting on our BritNation fans ... 99% of them coming in here are good chaps who actually know their team, and I appreciate that

Unfortunate as it may be, I likely have English blood in me!
Even Dunger?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:43 PM   #55
The Dude Abides

OLine and DLine...okay. Otherwise, the other positions are just way, way too subjective despending on system, schedules, or other intangibles.
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 01:55 PM   #56
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Don’t look now, but PFF has George Kittle ranked 1st among all TEs for 2024-25 above 2nd place Travis.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 02:13 PM   #57
Starter

PFF does outline more in-depth statistics quite well including statistics based on position at the snap. (Mostly defensive personnel and where they are lined up).

Their grades though.... personally not a fan.
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-29-2024, 02:42 PM   #58
In Search of a Life

Sneed was the definition of a shutdown corner last year. PFF had him as the 13th best CB in the league. No way. In fact I think they had Josh Williams ranked ahead of him at the end of the regular season.

I’m not sure how they grade CBs.

For example, 2nd quarter 3rd and 10 at the oppositions 30 yard line. CB is playing off. Opposing WR catches a 7 yard pass and is immediately tackled. 4th and 3, forces a punt. Is that a positive or negative grade for the CB? In my book that’s 100% a win for the defender.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-29-2024, 06:03 PM   #59
Special Teams ACE!!!

My opinion from last offseason:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
When PFF comes up with these ridiculous QB grades, you have to atom bomb the whole thing. Yes, the WHOLE THING.

"Oh but it's useful for charting certain positions that don't have tallied stats like offensive line, because otherwise how do you track quality among..."

THE WHOLE THING. BLOW IT ALL UP.

Patrick Mahomes is the truth. End of ****ing story. It's been 5 years and even in his worst stretch (the 6 or 7 games in 2021) his season INTs were just high compared to what he normally throws, and not at all high compared to the rest of the league. This notion of "interceptable throws" that they pulled out their asses is hilarious because they think that stat matters to a super human like Patrick Mahomes.

Stats show trends, not truths. They don't account for immortals like Mahomes. They can explain Derek Carr and Kyler Murray and Matt Ryan and even Aaron Rodgers, but they don't explain Mahomes. And if you're arrogant enough to **** that mathematical model like a goddamn chicken over and over again even though it hasn't produced any eggs in 5 ****ing seasons, it's a huuuuuge sign of not just a flaw but a glaring problem that tanks your entire credibility.

If Mahomes is rated as a mid-tier QB after throwing 300 yards, 3 TDs, no picks, and upper 60s completion percentage, then **** you, **** your **** children, **** your **** dog, and **** Ireland or whatever shithole you live in across the pond. You're full of crap and should kill yourself.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:03 PM   #60
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
My opinion from last offseason:
Lol well said I agree!

I will say their mock draft generator was fun, although Houston didn't pick any of the players that I picked for them.
K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.K9Texan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.