Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2023, 01:00 PM  
Hockey Town

So what podcasts do you guys enjoy?

Pretty much anything welcome here not just Chiefs or sports but that's welcome too..just looking for maybe some new things to check out.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:00 PM   #46
Money

Rogan
Adam Carolla Show
Matt and Shane's secret podcast
We might be drunk
Tuesdays with stories
Are you garbage
Pete and Sebastian show
PBD podcast
Chris Simms Unbuttoned
Bet the Board
Breaking Points
Stuff Island
Club Random
New Heights

Last edited by DaKernal; 05-12-2023 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Can't believe I forgot it
DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DaKernal is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:18 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Can’t recommend The Fall of Civilazations enough. It’s really good and very interesting.
Paul Cooper does an outstanding job. I happened upon his podcast about the Sumerians and was hooked.

I love ancient history. Here are a few others I follow.

Dig it with Raven
History with Kayleigh
Potholer54
World of Antiquity-David Miano

Miano is one of the few scholars that bothers to debunk all the ancient alien and lost civilization BS.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:06 PM   #48
MVP

The History Underground
Mark Felton Productions
Peter Santenello
Kurt Caz
bald and bankrupt
Harold Baldr
NFKRZ
Beau of the Fifth Column
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:01 AM   #49
MVP

Some good suggestions here I’ll have to check out.

I listen to most of these regularly but can depend on the guest or topic

Sports
  • Bill Simmons
  • The Mismatch - my favorite NBA pod
  • Rusillo
  • Green Light with Chris Long
Non sports which are mostly comedy
  • Doughboys - comedy pod themed around a chain restaurant of the week
  • Blank Check with Griffin & David - Great movie nerd pod that goes through filmographies of directors
  • Behind the Bastards
  • The Dollop
  • How Did this get Made
  • Last Podcast on the Left - I’ve been tiring of this one lately and it can get obnoxious at times when it’s not clicking
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-13-2023, 07:07 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Heh. I can handle the heavy, but I gotta tune out when they reach for shit just because someone is Republican, when Sophie talks or when they make to many consecutive jokes that just aren't funny.

There is a lot of good content, but they try too hard sometimes. And my Christ I hate Sophie.
This summarizes my criticism of behind the bastards as well but I can just gloss over most of its a good topic. Sophie is a total wet blanket who adds nothing.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-13-2023, 07:25 AM   #51
MVP

“Fly on the Wall” Saturday Night Live alumni Dana Carvey and David Spade take you behind the scenes to reminisce about the most memorable stories and moments with friends of the show.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:04 AM   #52
[b]Supporter[/b]

Conan O’Brian Needs a Friend

Conan is a great interviewer. The show is a mix of him doing 30 minute interviews with regular people from around the world and also long format interviews with celebrities.

I haven’t really found any good sports podcasts other than New Heights. All I see is amateur gaming-chair quarterbacks trying to be the smartest guy in the room. I would much rather hear stories past and present instead of wannabe personnel guys.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:18 AM   #53
Self-sufficience please!

Time's Ours - I generally like Seths takes.
New Heights - Obvious reasons
Skeptics Guide to the Universe - Never miss this one. It's a show that talks about current and future science and technology, while also pointing out pseudo science and misleading studies that make their way into the news.
Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.Armyofme is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:23 AM   #54
Would an idiot do that?

I'll bookmark for later.

I watch New Heights on youtube and set it to 1.25-1.5 speed because I'm impatient and don't have 90 minutes to watch it all, heh.

I've tried other sports podcasts and get impatient with them, too... the general banter and so forth.

I've tried listening while at work, but it just doesn't work out well... I have to be more engaged with work and feel like I'm missing 75% of what they say. Workout time might be a decent option to listen, but really enjoy listening to music during workout time.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:35 AM   #55
Just Lurking

Dr. Death (you may never go to another doctor again if you listen to this series)
S-Town
Serial
Case File

New Heights
Geraint Thomas Cycling Club (Really fun to listen about how Pro Cyclists live)
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-13-2023, 08:44 AM   #56
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
This is Actually Happening.

People recount crazy experiences that they've had in their lives: I was a drug mule, I was held in an Iranian prison, my plane was hijacked, etc etc.

It can be very dark but also inspiring. And it helps to put life into context and recenter me sometimes.
I heard there's a new episode in June, Chiefsaholic is featured. The title is, "From Superfan to modern day Jesse James".
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2023, 08:46 AM   #57
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Smartless
Ain't No Seats
KCSN
Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend
Startalk
New Heights
Fake Doctors Real Friends
Office Ladies
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:24 AM   #58
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Oh I have to add one..

Crime in Sports this podcast is great it's 2 comedians going over completely ****ed up athletes.
Good friend of mine is obsessed with this pod, specifically the stories of pro wrestlers in the 80's and 90's. Those guys were completely out of control back then, apparently.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:35 AM   #59
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'll bookmark for later.

I watch New Heights on youtube and set it to 1.25-1.5 speed because I'm impatient and don't have 90 minutes to watch it all, heh.

I've tried other sports podcasts and get impatient with them, too... the general banter and so forth.

I've tried listening while at work, but it just doesn't work out well... I have to be more engaged with work and feel like I'm missing 75% of what they say. Workout time might be a decent option to listen, but really enjoy listening to music during workout time.
I listen to Podcasts when I run, workout in my home gym, go for walks, driving, doing chores. Can't listen at work either.

Hell most nights I'll put the Royals game on the TV and listen to a podcast.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #60
Veteran

I listen all day at work. I’m currently getting burnt out, have been using audible more.

Sports
PMT
Times ours
Athletic football show
Bill Simmons
Russillo
Green light every now and then
Bussin
New Heights
You Pod to Win

Comedy
JRE - about half of them. Save our parks or scientists
TAFS.. formally Cum Town
Whiskey Ginger
2 Bears
Flagrant 2
Matt and Shane
Tim Dillon
This Past Weekend
Bad Friends

Other
Lex Fridman
Hardcore History
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.