Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2024, 10:48 PM  
Veteran

Cat won’t stop peeing on the carpets what do I do?

So I’ve had this cat for approximately 14 years, and in those 14 years she has been known to shit and piss in the house. I got her when I was 17, I’m 31 now.

A little back story to her is that she never had an issue at my parents house until an additional 2 cats were introduced to the house, then it started. For years she would do this and it never really became a thing since my parents house never smelt the best in the first place you didn’t know if it was cat piss or a piece of meat from 2 nights prior.

Fast forward a bit and me and my family move into an apartment and we adopt a litter box method for her and it’s golden pastures, that is until we find a little 7 month old kitten practically left for dead on the street and we took her home. At the apartment I’m not sure if she was pissing in places that I just never noticed since we left soon after and to her credit, she will always shit in the litter box, but now we have moved to a brand new home and this is where things have become more of an issue.

After moving into our home, we have 2 cat boxes upstairs, and 2 downstairs. One day my wife mentions to me just how awful the bathroom is smelling of cat odor, and low and behold, I find my 14 year old cat pissing on the floor towel of the guest bathroom with the litter box not even a foot away from her sparkling clean. Needless to say we no longer have floor mats in that bathroom. Fast forward to today and she is pissing right outside the litter box, pissing on my area rugs whether that be in my garage or my guest room, but who the **** does this cat think she is as if she’s been mistreated in any way. She’s allowed outside and she never jumps the fence (while at this point I wish she would and to never return.) she seems overall happy but just seems pissed when it’s not JUST her in the house for whatever reason (pet wise).

Anyways I’m wondering what my options are here and what others have done in similar situations. I’m planning a vet appointment for Friday, and I’m hoping they say this little bitch has a terminal illness or something that is making her act this way so I can request she be put down. Think I’m just over this cat.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-29-2024, 09:06 AM   #46
Plays to win the game!

I'm going to tell you right now, best investment I made in my sanity, and smell, is getting a Litter Robot. No paid endorsement, overpriced like an iPhone but worth it, so damn worth it as I'm the only one who scoops those litter boxes in my house.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:16 AM   #47
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
The skinned carcass of a cat looks just like a rabbit once you remove the tail. Don't let your frustrations go to waste. Nearly everything tastes good fried.
1.1 Billion Chinese can't all be wrong.
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 09:17 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Put a Denver logo on the floor where it is happening. That will solve all the problems.
And honestly, after a season or two, the cat will likely want to leave on it's own.

-------

But seriously to the OP...from my experience, once a female cat starts peeing somewhere (for whatever reason), its really difficult to get them to stop. I suppose the possible exception to this would be a health-related cause like UTI.

My course of action would be to take it to the vet for a checkup. They're likely going to suggest you start it on some treatment costing hundreds of dollars a month, but they might be legit and look for the actual issue.

Other than that, I'd just put the cat outside (not necessarily in a yard of pit bulls, mind you).
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-29-2024, 09:20 AM   #49
Supporter

You can start by stop blaming the cat.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:21 AM   #50
MVP

You can never get rid of a cat.

The song, "The Cat Came Back," warns us.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 09:59 AM   #51
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
I had a bulldog that kept getting kidney stones. B/c of that, it kept peeing in the house. Couldn’t break it of the habit. I’m not an animal and I won’t live among filth. I mean, I’m not a Raiders fan.

Took it to the woods, shot it, and then threw its body into the river. That dog never peed in my house again.

I suggest you do the same.
I hope this is some kind of joke that I don't get.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:09 AM   #52
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Not even gonna lie man, just walked into my guest bathroom and smells like straight cat piss. Remind you I just took out both cat boxes, Clorox wiped both containers, vacuumed/swept entire floor and then swiffered the hard wood floor. I ****ing hate animals.
Using Clorox on a litterbox is also a bad idea, the smell of bleach and destroying any remnants of the cats scent will also cause issues.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:15 AM   #53
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I hope this is some kind of joke that I don't get.
No, it's called life
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:17 AM   #54
Veteran

Get rid of the freakin cat !!!!
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:23 AM   #55
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
No, it's called life
My nephew was over at our house this past weekend and he pissed in our sump pump hole. Guess I should have taken him outside and shot him and then just threw his body in the lake behind the house. Actions have consequences you little bastard. It's called life.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 10:31 AM   #56
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
My nephew was over at our house this past weekend and he pissed in our sump pump hole. Guess I should have taken him outside and shot him and then just threw his body in the lake behind the house. Actions have consequences you little bastard. It's called life.
Guess so, if you can't teach your nephew manners.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:37 AM   #57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Cat won’t stop peeing on the carpets what do I do?
Start pissing on the cat. Teach the little shit a lesson.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:38 AM   #58
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Have you tried peeing on your nephew to assert your dominance?

Or maybe spray him in the face with a water bottle next time he pees.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:47 AM   #59
Hockey Town

Quote:
It's weird to see some of the posts here. One of our cats has diabetes so he's expensive, he peed on things to tell us he needed to go to the vet..we didn't get rid of him or just let him die from an untreated medical condition.

When you take on a pet, that's a responsibility you accept. If you can "just get rid of them" you shouldn't have pets.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2024, 10:47 AM   #60
Starter

Anyone suggest antifreeze yet??
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.