Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #5791
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
By this statement I am confident you didn't have even decent smoked brisket.
Ya' know, I was waitin' for you to say that. Very well. That's likely correct.

I will tell you when someone told me to bring a brisket to a pot-luck BBQ when I moved here, I was stumped. I thought—why would anyone bring a brisket to a BBQ? So one day, about 7 years ago I stopped at this barn building that advertised awesome BBQ in rural agricultural Florida. There it was on the menu at a BBQ place—brisket. So I got it and it was "meh!" It was a texture thing more than anything.

I couldn't understand what all the commotion was about.

That was the first and last time I ever had it. I see now, or perhaps I just notice it now, when I work out of state in places like NC, Texas, MO, Iowa.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #5792
I like Pie!

I really hate that brisket got so expensive, what I used to buy for $15 to $20 is now easily $40 plus. I guess that can be said for all beef, at least chicken and pork haven't doubled or tripled in price. I'm just not into pork other than bacon and maybe country style ribs in the crockpot.

Edit: I do like pork ribs but smoked, cooking in the oven doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by Buzz; 06-09-2015 at 05:42 PM..
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:40 PM   #5793
Cast Iron Jedi

Only try BBQ brisket in Texas or KC. Memphis and the Carolinas (and God for it Alabama or ***Florida) know nothing about beef; get pork.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #5794
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I really hate that brisket got so expensive, what I used to buy for $15 to $20 is now easily $40 plus. I guess that can be said for all beef, at least chicken and pork haven't doubled or tripled in price. I'm just not into pork other than bacon and maybe country style ribs in the crockpot.
Yeah, it's gotten pretty outrageous.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #5795
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Only try BBQ brisket in Texas or KC. Memphis and the Carolinas (and God for it Alabama or ***Florida) know nothing about beef; get pork.
Don't understand the part in parens.

It was actually a gal from Texas who asked me to bring that brisket to a BBQ—now that I think of it.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #5796
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Don't understand the part in parens.

It was actually a gal from Texas who asked me to bring that brisket to a BBQ—now that I think of it.

Alabama barbecue is pretty awful. I can even imagine how bad Florida barbecue is.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #5797
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Alabama barbecue is pretty awful. I can even imagine how bad Florida barbecue is.
Well, just remember, most people here aren't from Florida. I've yet to meet a single person from KC—let alone Kansas or even MO. A few from Texas and Cali, but not many. It's mostly N'oreasters and Northern MidWesters, even Pennsylvania.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #5798
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Edit: I do like pork ribs but smoked, cooking in the oven doesn't do it for me.
Live cattle haven't come down much off of their all time highs.

I'm surprised chicken hasn't gone nuts. The bird flu has murdered a ****TON of birds. I mean millions.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #5799
Shit

Quote:
How would I go about putting in a good word?

Inmem is a good dude; he's way more valuable than at least a dozen other people that post here and never see any kind of retribution.
I agree as long as its this thread. He can't seem to help himself in any other thread.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #5800
Cheat Death

$40??? Brisket is $10/lb in Chicago. Thats easily a $100+ brisket before you have to spend 10+ hours getting it tender enough to eat.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #5801
Politically Incorrect

Let's get this thread back to pictures, recipes and meals! Too much jibberish!

Sunday night I broke open a value pack of 3.7 pounds of Chicken Breasts with Rib Meat. It was only $9.70 for the whole pack. I spent about 1/2 hour trimming them all up to remove any fat, cartilage fragments, and silver skin. There was 5 in the pack. I then cut into cubes about the size of a golf ball.

I pulled out the wok and only added canola oil to the hot wok and salt and pepper to the cubed breasts.

As I stirred fried them in small batches, I also started two Indian simmer sauces in separate pots from Harris Teeter, a Korma sauce that was Coconut Curry flavored and a Tikka Masala sauce that was tomato and chili powder based. I also cooked a box of Zatarain's Caribbean Rice.

Once the chicken was 90% cooked, I added most of the meat to the two sauces split 50/50 to simmer and finish cooking. I put the last 10-15% of the chicken in tupperware with a little sesame oil for leftovers.

In the wok I then added 1 1/2 white onion sliced and sliced strips of one red pepper, one yellow pepper and one orange pepper to saute with canola oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, adding water from time to time. It took about 15 minutes to cook down.

I also took a can of Margaret Holmes Triple Succotash and added it to the Tikka Masala mix.

Lastly in my toaster oven I took 3 flour tortillas and toasted them until they puffed up and got color.

It was an incredibly flavorful meal and I really impressed myself.

The photo is the leftovers.

http://grocery.harristeeter.com/pd/H.../072036706614/

https://shop.harristeeter.com/store/...8-AF62E970711D

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150609_194603.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	109973  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #5802
Shit

Quote:
I've eaten at several places there and wasn't ever impressed
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #5803
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Live cattle haven't come down much off of their all time highs.

I'm surprised chicken hasn't gone nuts. The bird flu has murdered a ****TON of birds. I mean millions.

I think it's coming, I used to buy chicken at 99 cents a pound on sale, up to $1.49. Eggs have gone up the same.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #5804
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
$40??? Brisket is $10/lb in Chicago. Thats easily a $100+ brisket before you have to spend 10+ hours getting it tender enough to eat.
Wow, guess I'm not moving to Chicago!

Old 06-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #5805
Gimme My Berries Back!

It's one reason I eat Vegan or Vegetarian a couple nights a week—at least.

Closed Thread