Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #5746
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
That's right. There's advantages to dried noodles over fresh.
Lots advantages, sometimes fresh or homemade isn't always a winner. True story, one of the best spaghetti sauces I've tried was from a jar and it was doctored up quite nicely. I was pretty amazed.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:55 PM   #5747
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Lots advantages, sometimes fresh or homemade isn't always a winner. True story, one of the best spaghetti sauces I've tried was from a jar and it was doctored up quite nicely. I was pretty amazed.
Well, I must confess I do the same thing, which is blasphemy in my family. I am not sacrificing a whole day just to make an 'effing sauce.
Not when Classico's Tomato Basil tastes just like my Nonna's once I add more garlic and fresh basil. If it didn't I'd probably make my own.

I do make my own Pomodoro sauce cause it's easy and quick. Plus, it's nice and light, which I prefer.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #5748
Snacks Are Under My Apron

How about goose breast? Any recipes or tricks?
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #5749
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Well, I must confess I do the same thing, which is blasphemy in my family. I am not sacrificing a whole day just to make an 'effing sauce.
Not when Classico's Tomato Basil tastes just like my Nonna's once I add more garlic and fresh basil. If it didn't I'd probably make my own.

I do make my own Pomodoro sauce cause it's easy and quick. Plus, it's nice and light, which I prefer.
Yep I'm the same way, I'll make my mothers sauce when I'm not lazy. I usually buy the two big jars at Costco, add Italian seasoning, white pepper (grandpa always told me never to use black pepper in spaghetti sauce), tons of crushed garlic (yes, in a jar).
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #5750
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
First get a box of goldfish and some ketchup........
Old 12-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #5751
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
First get a box of goldfish and some ketchup........
What about the smoker?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:30 AM   #5752
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
I've had them in a crock pot with jellied cranberries and a little bit of water. Delicious
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #5753
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

Classico is my "go-to" jar sauce for sure. Usually can get one of the big three supermarkets here to have it on sale for $2 a jar, once in a blue moon even cheaper if you buy 5. Their sausage sauce has lot's of meat in it
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #5754
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
That's right. There's advantages to dried noodles over fresh.
I've agreed, but there are also advantages of fresh over dried. I'm not sitting here saying you should use fresh all the time.

But if fresh is good enough for Mario Batali's lasagna, that's good enough for me.

But like I said, I've used both, and both are good in their own rights. I make it with dried probably 4:1.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #5755
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
FRIG OFF!!!!!!!!

What's the recipe douche.
No thank you.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #5756
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Classico is my "go-to" jar sauce for sure. Usually can get one of the big three supermarkets here to have it on sale for $2 a jar, once in a blue moon even cheaper if you buy 5. Their sausage sauce has lot's of meat in it
Yeah, it's not expensive. Actually, it's one food item where the price seems to have declined or not gone up like a lot of other food items. I get the three pack from Costco which uses larger jars. I don't buy any of the others, I prefer to add my own meat for meat sauce, meatballs or even chicken. Toss chicken in that and it is awesome!

Just add a lot more garlic and fresh basil. Delich!
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #5757
Supporter

If we're talking jarred sauce, I'll put a word in for Paesana and Victoria.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #5758
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post

Never had Paesana, bit Victoria is excellent.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #5759
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
I've tried a bunch of Classico and other sauces, they just don't do it for me. I can't even count the number of nearly full pasta sauce I've thrown out.

No joke, the best I've had is Best Choice Traditional. Costs $1.25.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #5760
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Never had Paesana, bit Victoria is excellent.
I've had Victoria as well as it's pretty good.

I've never bought any crazy premium sauces that are $6 or more a jar like Rao's from New York or Mario Battali's.