Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2024, 08:53 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Sneed traded to Titans

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:50 AM   #556
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Why do I feel like the Titans made out like bandits?
The titans are paying through the nose. And we essentially got a better than comp pick instead of a comp pick. This was always fair market and people tried pointing it out weeks ago but no one wanted to hear it. Craig Stout wrote a good article on CB compensation. We may have been in the mix before FA for a better pick but Sneeds demands likely stalled that.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:51 AM   #557
Why so serious?

I’ll put it like this:

I thought our floor was a 3. I thought our ceiling was a 2. We got a 4.

The value of the 4 allows us to move from 32 to 28.
The value of the 3 allows us to move from 32 to 24.
The value of the 2 allows us to move up from 32 to 17.

(Obviously it’s all only possible if the team will trade with us, but just speaking strictly from a value perspective.)

I’m sure Veach isn’t happy with how this wound up either. We don’t need to pretend to be.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:52 AM   #558
Consuming CP souls

Off to find the spin of that Colts dude that GUARENTEEED Sneed signed with Indy
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:53 AM   #559
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
It’s not comparable. The Rams were aggressively trying to get rid of salary and retool their roster and had no leverage or expectation that they’d be super competitive. The Chiefs had the ability to keep Sneed on the tag.

My point is not what we ended up getting for him. I don’t dispute that’s fair market value because that’s what we ultimately ended up with. I just think it’s probably going to be a loss versus how things would’ve played out had we kept him and moved money forward elsewhere.

No one can seriously feel good about what we got in return here, could they? We’re trying to justify it by pointing out that this allows Veach to move up in the draft more easily? The value of this pick allows us to potentially move up from 32 to 28. That doesn’t sound wonderful or exciting, even if that’s the reality.

I’m not mad or upset because I trust Veach. I just think it’s a very bleh end result here but I’ll fully judge it after seeing the rest of the offseason.
Yeah the trade value is underwhelming until you see what the market was. I don’t think Veach wanted another Chris Jones holdout situation potentially happening again and we need the money to fill out the roster.

I get we could restructure but there are multiple reasons why that wasn’t an option. One could be Clark telling him no more cash. He just gave a lot to Mahomes in a restructure. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the situation.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:54 AM   #560
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
I’ll put it like this:

I thought our floor was a 3. I thought our ceiling was a 2. We got a 4.

The value of the 4 allows us to move from 32 to 28.
The value of the 3 allows us to move from 32 to 24.
The value of the 2 allows us to move up from 32 to 17.

(Obviously it’s all only possible if the team will trade with us, but just speaking strictly from a value perspective.)

I’m sure Veach isn’t happy with how this wound up either. We don’t need to pretend to be.
Agreed. There is zero way to spin this as a positive gain. It's actually kind of deflating to lose a guy I liked for peanuts.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #561
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It’s not comparable. The Rams were aggressively trying to get rid of salary and retool their roster and had no leverage or expectation that they’d be super competitive. The Chiefs had the ability to keep Sneed on the tag.

My point is not what we ended up getting for him. I don’t dispute that’s fair market value because that’s what we ultimately ended up with. I just think it’s probably going to be a loss versus how things would’ve played out had we kept him and moved money forward elsewhere.

No one can seriously feel good about what we got in return here, could they? We’re trying to justify it by pointing out that this allows Veach to move up in the draft more easily? The value of this pick allows us to potentially move up from 32 to 28. That doesn’t sound wonderful or exciting, even if that’s the reality.

I’m not mad or upset because I trust Veach. I just think it’s a very bleh end result here but I’ll fully judge it after seeing the rest of the offseason.
The final chapters of this trade haven't been written. What do we get in FA for $19.8m and what do we do with these picks.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #562
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Agreed. There is zero way to spin this as a positive gain. It's actually kind of deflating to lose a guy I liked for peanuts.
In what world is a 3 totally valueless?

It’s not what we wanted, but it’s still a damn 3.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #563
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Would you have traded a 3rd round pick and $19.8MM for 1 year of Sneed knowing what we have in the DB room already?
For starters, it’s not a 3rd. It’s a 4th because of how picks in future years are valued.

And yes, because you can move the money around to make it work and create 19.8mm elsewhere. That has implications for future seasons and future decisions, sure. But this does as well.

And yeah, if he leaves next year and we get nothing, we at least have a real possibility of a compensatory pick. Because next offseason we’re very likely to lose some high value player otherwise in Bolton, Creed, or Smith which would make us more likely to actually realize the compensatory third.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:55 AM   #564
Choco Favre

IT will be fun rooting against the Titans this year
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:56 AM   #565
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
They did. They have a great player who will help them compete. They had the money to do it.

Meanwhile we're stuck with knowing we drafted a player in the 4th round, he was awesome/elite for us for four years and important to delivering 2 championships, then when we couldn't afford to pay him market value he gave us a 3rd round pick on his way out the door. Poor us.
Absolutely a home run for a fourth round pick.

But if you are going to win multiple SB's with Mahome's salary, you do need to maximize your good picks to make up for your MEH and Skyy picks.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-23-2024, 11:58 AM   #566
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I don’t think the future 3 = a 4 process works with Kansas City.

Maybe for franchises that where the GM and coach are fighting for their jobs, who need to win this year just to remain with the franchise.

But Veach and Andy know they’re gonna be here in 2025. So whether they decide to keep the pick and have two 3s next year or they elect to use it this year in a trade up, it’s the same value IMO.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:59 AM   #567
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Absolutely a home run for a fourth round pick.

But if you are going to win multiple SB's with Mahome's salary, you do need to maximize your good picks to make up for your MEH and Skyy picks.
I hope they can do it.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:00 PM   #568
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
The final chapters of this trade haven't been written. What do we get in FA for $19.8m and what do we do with these picks.
Absolutely. But tell me which constellation of remaining FAs we’d sign that would be very satisfying.

It’ll be a hodgepodge no doubt, and the end result could end up better. But nothing is going to feel great in my view.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:01 PM   #569
In Search of a Life

Quote:
For starters, it’s not a 3rd. It’s a 4th because of how picks in future years are valued.

And yes, because you can move the money around to make it work and create 19.8mm elsewhere. That has implications for future seasons and future decisions, sure. But this does as well.

And yeah, if he leaves next year and we get nothing, we at least have a real possibility of a compensatory pick. Because next offseason we’re very likely to lose some high value player otherwise in Bolton, Creed, or Smith which would make us more likely to actually realize the compensatory third.
Maybe, but that's a pick we would get in 2025 and would be the equivalent of 5.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:01 PM   #570
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
If you want a dynasty like the patriots you e got to leave the feelings behind. This is the foreseeable future for a franchise that’s window is always open. Reload and recycle. I think we got lucky early with the run it back tour. Lessons were learned there. Rosters require non stop maintenance and upgrading. Unfortunately sometimes a tyreek hill and ljarious sneed are the cost.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.