Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums

We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Last edited by Bearcat; 10-07-2020 at 06:25 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #556
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Trump dips his ruebens in ranch. Yeah I said it.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #557
Ultrabanned

Think we can all agree Tom Brady is a pedophile that deserves to ****ing die.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:38 PM   #558
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
This is pretty amazing.

And sad. Really sad.
This board has turned on itself like nothing we've ever seen before, its threatening to ruin the entire site

And so the mods might take drastic action, but it still won't fix the underlying problem... drive away the users, and you kill the traffic, which kills the board

Getting rid of Trump won't fix it, and neither will electing Biden

Don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure sick of this shit
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #559
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
This board has turned on itself like nothing we've ever seen before, its threatening to ruin the entire site

And so the mods might take drastic action, but it still won't fix the underlying problem... drive away the users, and you kill the traffic, which kills the board

It's the current state of American politics. I'm not sure there is an answer at this point.

It just feels inevitable.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #560
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It's the current state of American politics. I'm not sure there is an answer at this point.

It just feels inevitable.
Communism.

(sorry, I'll let myself out)
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #561
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post

I would be very curious to see how much % of the posters the board would lose if the powers-to-be decided to remove the DC, while maintaining the current zero-tolerance policy on political posts on the lounge. Basically just do away from politics.

I don't think it will kill the traffic, because this board has a lot of users. But I am aware that I don't have the evidence or numbers to prove that theory, and I am not privy to the conversations the mods/admins if they ever discussed that scenario.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #562
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
LOL. No where have I defended Marxism. I *have* said, REPEATEDLY, that you morons have no idea what Marxism is, and if you had any clue what it actually was, you wouldn't clutch your pearls in fear whenever you hear the term(s) "trained Marxists" or "Marxism."
And I've told you I've read the man's books and understand how it ties to communism and fascism while fundamentally opposing base liberal values like property rights and individual sovereignty.

Which you consider 'right wing'

The problem isnt that I dont know what marxism is. YOU dont know what liberalism is.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #563
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I would be very curious to see how much % of the posters the board would lose if the powers-to-be decided to remove the DC, while maintaining the current zero-tolerance policy on political posts on the lounge. Basically just do away from politics.

I don't think it will kill the traffic, because this board has a lot of users. But I am aware that I don't have the evidence or numbers to prove that theory, and I am not privy to the conversations the mods/admins if they ever discussed that scenario.
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #564
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post

It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #565
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
There are plenty of other Chiefs boards and other social media sites these days. Instead of trying to make this one just like all the others, why not just try them out?
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:57 PM   #566
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
Ironically the only reason I started posting there was because I got a bit tired of people telling me to kill myself over things like my belief that Brandon flowers was better than Terrence copper.

I actually found DC LESS hostile than the main forum back when KC was bad... or when every thread turned into an arguement about alex smith.

Hell, last year I bailed because this forum had a huge chris jones hate squad insisting he was THE problem with the defense.

Its annoying to argue with a dozen people all barfing out that kind of dumbassary
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #567
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Those people should be restricted as DC scum.

There’s also some who don’t contribute at all and don’t run away to their board without letting one contribute (looking at some one who’s username is similar to JacoTohn).
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #568
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Ironically the only reason I started posting there was because I got a bit tired of people telling me to kill myself over my belief that Brandon flowers was better than Terrence copper.

I actually found DC LESS hostile.

Heh, how's that theory working for you today?
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #569
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
It all started on the KC Star board. It was, in fact, politics that led to the creation of CP in the first place.

The mods there took a heavy hand, not only moderation politics but moderating anybody that was against the heavy moderation.

The idea with DC was to have a sandbox where politics could exist but keep it walled off from the Lounge. I don't think anybody really anticipated that the vitriol of the 2000 election was a tiny snowflake compared to the avalanche that American politics is 20 years later.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #570
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Have you ever had Italian Beef, with dip?

Shit slaps.
Oh hell yes that good stuff.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread