Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 PM  
Champs!

*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***

As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.

Last edited by Coach; 11-20-2018 at 02:18 PM..
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #556

Also, this afternoon's game is about to start on FS Kansas City. First TV game of the year I do believe.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #557
The pizza king of kansas

Great news mlb.tv tried to screw me out of my 21.00 dollars subscription for only the royals games. Yet i had the receipts and my bank statements so i got my mlb.tv for this year so i can watch my royals when i get home from work.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #558
"You like to drink?"

Hot take: in the future, don't pay catchers like they're guys who need to be contributing offensive dudes hitting in the top half of the lineup

*ducks*
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #559
Fish are scared of me

Wholly Krap! I just looked and the Royals are in 3rd place in the Cactus league and 2nd overall in runs scored. They also have the best home record at 7-2. Gonna be an awesome year!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #560
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Wholly Krap! I just looked and the Royals are in 3rd place in the Cactus league and 2nd overall in runs scored. They also have the best home record at 7-2. Gonna be an awesome year!
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #561
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

We dominate junk time.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #562

Sounds like MLB and the MLBPA are already working to try and avoid a work stoppage. Long way to go though... but it looks like they've agreed on a bunch of game related changes. The July trade deadline is going to be the final deadline now. For next year, it looks like there will be a roster expansion to 26 and they will put in the three batter minimum. That's probably going to be the most controversial move.

tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #563
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Sounds like MLB and the MLBPA are already working to try and avoid a work stoppage. Long way to go though... but it looks like they've agreed on a bunch of game related changes. The July trade deadline is going to be the final deadline now. For next year, it looks like there will be a roster expansion to 26 and they will put in the three batter minimum. That's probably going to be the most controversial move.
Goodbye, LOOGYs.
Three batters or end the inning, I assume.

I predict we'll see a few guys feeling "tightness" after pitching to one or two batters and having to leave the game. If they put that rule in, they need to require a DL stint or make the pitcher ineligible for the next few games if he doesn't complete his 3 batters.

Last edited by cosmo20002; 03-13-2019 at 11:59 PM..
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 AM   #564
MVP

Quote:
Not just that but September rosters will only expand to 28. Right now it can be up to 40.

Also the HR Derby winner will get $1 million and the total prize pool will be $2.5 million. They don't want C-level stars and below anymore.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #565
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
I won't claw my eyes out watching us play Cleveland anymore. What will Francona do now that he can't wear out the path to the mound in the later innings?
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #566
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

So this might have already been discussed but has anyone noticed that Matt Strahm is probably pretty good?

I happened to see him throw against the Reds a couple days ago and he looked damn good. Typical 'pitchability' lefty who just throws everything at guys. Solid fastball with nice run and good command.

I mean he sure looked the part of a 3rd starter...well, against grocery baggers at least.

That guy might be one you regret losing. Not a difference maker, but a damn solid mid-rotation starter.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #567
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
So this might have already been discussed but has anyone noticed that Matt Strahm is probably pretty good?

I happened to see him throw against the Reds a couple days ago and he looked damn good. Typical 'pitchability' lefty who just throws everything at guys. Solid fastball with nice run and good command.

I mean he sure looked the part of a 3rd starter...well, against grocery baggers at least.

That guy might be one you regret losing. Not a difference maker, but a damn solid mid-rotation starter.
Both him and Esteury Ruiz look like they could be pretty good, although Ruiz is still only in A ball, and the Royals got 3 piles of crap for them.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:55 PM   #568
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

He was going to be a lefty reliever for us. Got hurt as well. But you got to give something up in a trade to get something. On paper it looked like a good trade at the time for Royals, sucks they all turned out to be duds. But occasionally that happens.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Both him and Esteury Ruiz look like they could be pretty good, although Ruiz is still only in A ball, and the Royals got 3 piles of crap for them.
I didn't have the heart to mention Ruiz.

I really thought he'd be the guy in that trade that you regretted because, small sample size or no, batting .400 with plus speed over 20 games is pretty damn good.

And he stepped back a bit in BA last year but the speed came through in a big way and his ISO played well for an under-aged kid in his first shot at full-season ball.

I mean there's still a loooooong way to go with him and frankly Luis Urias seems likely to block him for the foreseeable future, but it wouldn't take much at all for him to turn those tools into a top 100 prospect. You can already see 'em if you squint. Just a little more plate discipline and a little more raw strength.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
He was going to be a lefty reliever for us. Got hurt as well. But you got to give something up in a trade to get something. On paper it looked like a good trade at the time for Royals, sucks they all turned out to be duds. But occasionally that happens.
Yeah I was surprised to see him humming through a long-relief stint. Seems like they're trying to stretch him out a bit after he seemed shoehorned as a reliever.

But that said - why the hell was he shoehorned as a reliever? Low 90s with 4 viable pitches on a 6'3'' frame will project to the rotation.