Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #556
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Exactly how I pictured it.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #557
Veteran

Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:22 PM   #558
MVP

Man, they were pushing those Rings commercials during the game tonight.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:47 PM   #559
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro39 View Post
I don't get it.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:50 AM   #560
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I don't get it.
Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Stro39 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 04:05 AM   #561
Veteran

Very good last episode and an enjoyable season overall.

Identities were revealed, some great visuals throughout, especially around The Stranger.

Some interesting foreshadowing with Al Pharazon, his face tells a thousand words, great acting there.

The centrality of the elven rings to the story was really interesting, its not something I thought that much of before having read the texts but this made it quite explicit and from memory this is reasonably within the Tolkien canon.

I ended up really liking the Galadriel character, I think we can already see some of the character development towards what she is in the movies.

No dwarves though, 2024 before we'll see them again apparently.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:24 AM   #562
MVP

Season finale was really freaking good.

Spoiler!
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #563
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I don't get it.
One can only assume that you are young and that your parents were negligent in your upbringing. See Post 560
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:32 PM   #564
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
One can only assume that you are young and that your parents were negligent in your upbringing. See Post 560

Truth.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:29 PM   #565
Ain't no relax!

These two put in a fine performance.

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #566
I'll be back.

show is hitting it's stride

the creation of mordor was amazing
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #567
You gotta kill a few people

Again, I should probably stop half-watching this show, but why was Durin's father so against the Mythril mine?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2022, 12:01 PM   #568
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Again, I should probably stop half-watching this show, but why was Durin's father so against the Mythril mine?
In general, he thought it was too risky for the dwarves to dig so deep. It eventually turns out he was right too because the digging eventually leads to the Balrog destroying their entire society (see LOTR movies).
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #569
Perpetual Mediocrity

Anyway, with this show now over for the season, I can say that it was fine but I still don't think it really worked as well as it could/should have. Now it was cool to see Numenor depicted for the first time on screen and some of the narratives came together pretty well in that 6th episode, but it just seemed to lack heart in general. The movies were a very hard act to follow in that regard, but I'm hoping they can make me care about the characters a bit more in future seasons.

Also, the big reveals this episode (Sauron and the identity of the Stranger all but being confirmed) were not entirely surprising, so I don't think the impact of them was quite as much as maybe they intended. Would be interesting though to see more of a focus on Sauron and his background/motivations in S2.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-15-2022, 12:25 PM   #570
Rookie

The ring making was a pretty neat twist. As a casual fan of middle earth this was a good watch. I actually thought I was gonna see them forge the one ring and not just the elves versions.
A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.A Salt Weapon threw an interception on a screen pass.