Old 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM  
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Josh Gordon to Chiefs

DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 09-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #541
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Hardman is on pace for 61 receptions. I wouldn't say Burt hasn't figured it out.

I'd say the D is so ****ing god awful, and guys like Pringle and Kemp are bad enough they might as well bring in Gordon.

The offense has been ****ing awesome this year, outside turnovers. Burt was right not to pay out big money to a WR.
I'm talking about a WR that understands Pat like Reek and Kelce do. Use your gifts to find an open space Pat can rely on so he can throw it in an open space.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #542
SuperBowl or bust

I haven’t read through this whole thread yet, but I just totaled his 2 mid seasons together of his time in NE spanning 2018-2019 in what I assume is still utilizing the erdhart Perkins offense (which is also difficult to learn).

17 Games played
104 Targets
60 catches
39 first downs
1007 yards
4 TDs

I’d love it if we can get that level of production from him and it’s not unreasonable to think we could.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:23 PM   #543
El Gato Gordo Loco

I have a boner.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:43 PM   #544
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Brett tried to sign JuJu.

Obviously thought the offense lacked a big bodied WR.

Makes ya wonder if Andy had spoken to Josh before he was reinstated.
unless it was some tampering rule why wouldn’t he speak with Andy. It’s the best landing spot. Unless Andy wants to take a chance on you, you ain’t catching any balls from Patrick.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:04 PM   #545
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
unless it was some tampering rule why wouldn’t he speak with Andy. It’s the best landing spot. Unless Andy wants to take a chance on you, you ain’t catching any balls from Patrick.
I guess the point of that was it’s entirely possible or even likely they’ve been talking for months and this was part of a plan c after we missed out on Juju and whoever else we swung and missed on in FA and the draft.

My point is, I won’t be shocked when it comes out we’ve been talking about signing him since after the draft as soon as he’s eligible to. I’m not at all convinced this was a desperation signing. More like a calculated plan c.

Hell, even in the draft we passed on guys we all thought Veach would drool over like Terrance Mitchell, Rondale Moore and Dyami Brown. Maybe Gordon has been an option all along and Veach went after other options at other positions with Gordon as a factor.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:16 PM   #546
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I guess the point of that was it’s entirely possible or even likely they’ve been talking for months and this was part of a plan c after we missed out on Juju and whoever else we swung and missed on in FA and the draft.

My point is, I won’t be shocked when it comes out we’ve been talking about signing him since after the draft as soon as he’s eligible to. I’m not at all convinced this was a desperation signing. More like a calculated plan c.

Hell, even in the draft we passed on guys we all thought Veach would drool over like Terrance Mitchell, Rondale Moore and Dyami Brown. Maybe Gordon has been an option all along and Veach went after other options at other positions with Gordon as a factor.
Shit.

That's some 4th dimensional thinking. Rep.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:22 PM   #547
Suupraa Geniuuusss

After watching that highlight reel, I realized that I'd forgotten just how elite Gordon's route-running really was. If he's 80% of that, we got a steal. Josh Gordon is literally the exact player that we were hoping Sammy would be. Except Josh Gordon is leagues more durable. And has better hands. As in elite hands.

If Gordon can find a home in KC, we may have found the missing link to this potential dynasty.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:29 PM   #548
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
I wonder how long the Chiefs have had their eye on him. Was this possibly the plan (or at least *a* plan) all along? Has there been any reporting to this effect?
I believe they wanted this for a while. They knew all along what we were lacking.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:41 PM   #549
SuperBowl or bust

Also to note:

NE traded for Gordon on September 17th and his first game action was against Miami September 30th.

It’s not unrealistic to think he could see some game action against the Bills or Washington.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:50 PM   #550
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Wouldn't Gordon just wear #12?
Assigned # 19
royr17 has disabled reputation
Old 09-29-2021, 02:12 AM   #551
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
I wonder how much Josh Gordon ever did his strength and conditioning work.

That would be interesting to know. 30 years old is not too old if he has been doing quality strength and conditioning work.

I wonder what the plan is as far as living arrangements and if he will have personal assistants with him all the time.

He might be better off if they make an apartment for him at Arrowhead or something.

A good point. All I hear is how this guy would turn up to games drunk etc but there is no way you have the kind of productivity he has had when on the field in the NFL without being in top physical condition. Not a ****ing chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by milkshock; 09-29-2021 at 06:19 AM..
milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.milkshock is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-29-2021, 02:38 AM   #552
Veteran

I honestly haven't kept track of what he's taken. I know it's not just weed but wasn't that the last one?
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:30 AM   #553
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:

Maybe there's a similar plan to sign the Josh Gordon of pass rushers.

And RB's...
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 09-29-2021, 05:49 AM   #554
MVP

Well, we know that Veach is aggressive, and we've seen tht he leaves no stone unturned; and that he loves a reclamation project.

It IS possible that Gordon's been on the radar for some time. Time will tell.

If he can stay clean, he'll be a huge help down the stretch; and possibly for a couple of seasons. He's not been able to do that, but I am hearing the right things in his interviews. We'll see.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:50 AM   #555
MVP

Quote:
Also to note:

NE traded for Gordon on September 17th and his first game action was against Miami September 30th.

It’s not unrealistic to think he could see some game action against the Bills or Washington.
I would think a small package of plays against the Bills is a possibility.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.