Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***

Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2024, 01:00 PM   #5491
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Ha.

We gotta use those in the shop all the time. Especially with some of the Optimas are any of the non-mainstream specialty batteries.

Optimas are totally pieces of shit btw. Don't care what anyone says. Had more of those things go flat on us than any other battery.

A lot of these aftermarket electronics that are meant to have very minimal draw, will still draw enough to kill a battery over time.

Most recently we had a car that kept killing batteries and figured out it was the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. Faulty control module. It was always searching for a signal (as it's suppose to) but the draw was too high.

But yeah...what's this winterizing shit? LOL
Yup Optimas are shit. I killed 2 of them before I went to a Duracell.

I have an RFID keyfob w/ pushbutton start, and a programmable smart harness that will kill a battery in about a week to 10 days if I don't put a charger on it or use the battery disconnect in the trunk. I think its doing the same type thing looking for a signal all the time or something.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2024, 01:02 PM   #5492
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They're here!!!

I'm pretty damn stoked to get this project moving after several years of dicking around with it. Lord these things are slick.
Nothing like new upgrades to get you pumped up again.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #5493
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Mechanic has 4 new tires and.....3 wheels.

****!

Backordered on my 4th wheel. Evidently they have the pieces and just need to weld them before shipping so they're expected there around July 1. I'm guessing probably the Monday after the 4th (so July 8?).

Bummer. Puts me about 2 weeks further back but it's 1 BILLION degrees right now so I wouldn't be driving it anyway. He got all the shocks mounted; says they went on really easily so that's a good sign.

Gonna probably replace the compressor. I'm getting an odd vibration in the steering wheel when I have the AC on and I think that's the compressor failing when it tries to engage and creating a little 'zing' in the serpentine belt when the compressor creates some feedback. Best guess I've got anyway. He's gonna give that a look this week. AC hasn't blown very cold in a couple years so I'm gonna guess it was failing and finally quit outright.

{sets more money on fire}

About $4k into it at this point. Not great, not awful. But I think this should all make an enormous difference in driveability.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #5494

Well damn - guess he got the rears on already....

{giddy schoolgirl noises}
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #5495

Quote:
Yeah that's pretty much the "go-to" when it comes to 15". Probably your top option.
I went with the Radial T/As (obviously) but almost talked myself into the Cooper Cobras because I thought they looked damn good.

The folks online weren't kind to them, though. Unfortunately it's hard to know how much faith to put into those guys; cult followings spring up around everything.

But the consensus was "when I see Cobras on these cars, I just think someone went cheap..."

You have any experience with them?
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #5496
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I went with the Radial T/As (obviously) but almost talked myself into the Cooper Cobras because I thought they looked damn good.

The folks online weren't kind to them, though. Unfortunately it's hard to know how much faith to put into those guys; cult followings spring up around everything.

But the consensus was "when I see Cobras on these cars, I just think someone went cheap..."

You have any experience with them?
We pretty much just run the BFG's. We've used the Cobras maybe once recently, but not enough for to give you any input on.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #5497

Quote:
We pretty much just run the BFG's. We've used the Cobras maybe once recently, but not enough for to give you any input on.
Thankya.

Yeah - the Firestones and Coopers and all that looked good; maybe a little more unique than the BFGs, but man, when EVERYONE uses those, there's gotta be a reason.

So I went full lemming on that one; just followed the crowd...
Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM   #5498
Diablo Negro

Radial TA's have been the gold standard for regular hotrod (non Autocross or Drag racing) tires for decades. I've run them on many a car over the years.

I've had the Cooper Cobra's as well but the TA is just a nicer tire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #5499
Supporter

I sold Cooper tires back in the way back days. The Cobras were a pretty good tire IMHO. I had them on my 64 Caddy. I would however say that the Radial TA's are a superior tire for that style/look. I had Goodyear Eagle ST's on my Camaro. That was at nice, good looking tire for street. Unfortunately they are no longer manufactured.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #5500
MVP

All I know is every shortwide in my high school was on cobras back in the day. And I live in north east ok so there were aaallllooooooot of shortwide trucks lol. 15x10 wheels and some wide ass cobras.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.