3 Daniel Lynch, LHP
4 Jackson Kowar, RHP
5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #5461
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Catcher is a grueling position. Having two plus bats is s good thing, and being able to keep both bats in the lineup with fresh legs behind the plate would be a major plus, in my opinion. I see no reason to play Gallagher when MJ is so much more talented.
I completely agree. I've seen enough of Gallagher.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #5462
Veteran

Mickey Mantle used to get booed in Yankee Stadium.

None of the Mets are Mickey Mantle.

The Mets need to grow up.
theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #5463
Custom User Title

I get not liking getting boo'd. But how dumb do you have to be to push back against the fans. They're why you're there.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #5464
MVP

If you are the Royals, how do you get a look at Mondesi in CF? Looking at next year's roster construction brings up interesting questions.

C: Perez/Gallagher/Melendez (Late call-up)
1B: Santana/Pratto
2B: Merrifield
SS: Lopez
3B: Witt
LF: Beni
CF: Mondesi? FA?
RF: Dozier?

Alternatively:
2B: Lopez
SS: Mondesi
CF: FA?
RF: Merrifield

Bench/DH: Dozier

I like scenario two better. It provides excellent insurance if Mondesi gets hurt. But there are no real obvious CF free agent candidates in a thick FA class.

Also, hopefully the Royals are eyeing making a serious run at one of the pitching free agents due up. Next year, the competitive window starts. Hopefully, the CBA doesn't continue to get worse and worse for small market teams.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:13 PM   #5465
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
If you are the Royals, how do you get a look at Mondesi in CF? Looking at next year's roster construction brings up interesting questions.

2B: Merrifield
SS: Lopez
CF: Mondesi? FA?
RF: Dozier?

Alternatively:
2B: Lopez
SS: Mondesi
CF: FA?
RF: Merrifield

Bench/DH: Dozier

I like scenario two better. It provides excellent insurance if Mondesi gets hurt. But there are no real obvious CF free agent candidates in a thick FA class.

Also, hopefully the Royals are eyeing making a serious run at one of the pitching free agents due up. Next year, the competitive window starts. Hopefully, the CBA doesn't continue to get worse and worse for small market teams.
AJ Pollock
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:37 PM   #5466
Veteran

If Bobby Witt Jr. doesn't come up for this upcoming six-game homestand that ends Sunday, I feel that we probably won't see him this season. The next opportunity would be the Sept. 14 homestand, but we're already halfway through the month. It wouldn't make sense to bring him up for half a month.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:57 PM   #5467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
If Bobby Witt Jr. doesn't come up for this upcoming six-game homestand that ends Sunday, I feel that we probably won't see him this season. The next opportunity would be the Sept. 14 homestand, but we're already halfway through the month. It wouldn't make sense to bring him up for half a month.
I doubt they care about doing it in a homestand. But remember with the new rules they only get to call 2 players up. The rosters go from 26 to 28. It'll probably be a reliever and I'd guess one of the catchers in the logjam at AAA, or maybe just Mondesi and call it a day.

Plus the CBA expires in the offseason and who knows how that could affect service time. Not to mention the threat of a lockout. The AAA season actually goes through October this year so they could just let the prospects play it out there.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:01 PM   #5468
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
AJ Pollock
They'll bring Taylor back, it's obvious because they kept him when he was an easy trade candidate. He's basically a perfect 4th OF.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:04 PM   #5469

Soler just hit another bomb for Atlanta. I was worried about trading him for scraps while he was hot, but I don't know what you do, his contract was about to run out. But he really looks like a 50 HR guy right now who takes a fair number of walks. It's also why you can't trade Mondesi unless you get legit prospects. We basically gave up one of the best power bats in the league for an A-ball pitcher.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:13 PM   #5470
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I doubt they care about doing it in a homestand.
If the Royals were in a pennant race, absolutely the homestand wouldn't matter at all. Sherman and Moore are definitely unconventional; they don't follow what the league is doing. Sherman kept all employees on payroll during COVID. But I still don't see the Royals not wanting to cash in on having Witt debut at home in a season that's off the radar with Chiefs season looming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13
But remember with the new rules they only get to call 2 players up. The rosters go from 26 to 28. It'll probably be a reliever and I'd guess one of the catchers in the logjam at AAA, or maybe just Mondesi and call it a day.

Plus the CBA expires in the offseason and who knows how that could affect service time. Not to mention the threat of a lockout. The AAA season actually goes through October this year so they could just let the prospects play it out there.
For sure, it's going to be an underwhelming expanded roster for most teams because of that rule.

That's two other good reasons why Witt might not come up. Why even accrue any service time for Witt and put him on the 40-man when the CBA is uncertain. Not only is the minor league season longer, but I'd imagine they will send him to the Arizona Fall League, too.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:23 PM   #5471
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Soler just hit another bomb for Atlanta. I was worried about trading him for scraps while he was hot, but I don't know what you do, his contract was about to run out. But he really looks like a 50 HR guy right now who takes a fair number of walks. It's also why you can't trade Mondesi unless you get legit prospects. We basically gave up one of the best power bats in the league for an A-ball pitcher.
Asshole is OPSing like 930 for them after driving his trade value to zero this season.

He can get bent
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 12:41 AM   #5472
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Asshole is OPSing like 930 for them after driving his trade value to zero this season.

He can get bent
Guys like Soler cant hit. Moose was kind of a similar mold but not quite to the degrer Soler is. Hes gonna get hot though and feast on (mainly garbage pitching and long relievers) and at the end of it all post some pretty respectable stats.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:15 AM   #5473
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
Considering I have Storm Chasers tickets for Saturday, I’d bet on him being called up Friday night.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:18 AM   #5474
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Considering I have Storm Chasers tickets for Saturday, I’d bet on him being called up Friday night.
Lol, I wouldn't worry about it. Between the limited roster expansion, not being on the 40 currently, the unknown with the CBA, there's like zero chance he gets called up to KC this year.

Also, I think the Royals would like him and their other top young hitters (M.J., Pratto, Isbel, etc.) to experience a 'playoff push' together. Get some experience together playing in that scenario. Royals did the same thing with Moose, Hosmer, Perez, etc. back in the day when they were coming up.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 10:37 AM   #5475
The Insider

I think Pratto and Melendez next year start in Omaha until they force themselves out. That is what they did with Hosmer and Salvy. Same thing will happen with those two. Royals have legit MLBs in their spots so its not a major worry and can take their time and get it right.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.