Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #53971
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
So if I go in for a knee surgery, get a positive test on a PCR test but have no symptoms of illness you think I should be classified as a Covid "patient"?
Where are you getting that from what I said?

They aren't doing knee surgeries here at this point or atleast haven't been for a bit. But even if they were, if you test positive prior to an elective surgery, that surgery isn't performed until a negative test.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #53972
MER

You’re a patient that has COVID.
Just like you’d be a patient with HiV.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #53973
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It is possible that there is also a surge in RSV and it is also there along with Covid?

I am hearing that children are surging into hospitals but that the main culprits aren't Covid but RSV.
By hearing, you mean reading on twitter?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:53 AM   #53974
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
By hearing, you mean reading on twitter?
I know this will be stunning news to you so let me explain the technology to you.

On social media you can follow people who say things such as, "My hospital is full of Covid patients!".

You can also follow people who link to news stories.

So whether I use Twitter or a feed reader, makes no difference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/01/w...nfections.html

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/w...PJVGBQWD2ERDA/

https://www.wtae.com/article/us-seei...ummer/37202002
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:54 AM   #53975
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I know this will be stunning news to you so let me explain the technology to you.

On social media you can follow people who say things such as, "My hospital is full of Covid patients!".

You can also follow people who link to news stories.

So whether I use Twitter or a feed reader, makes no difference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/01/w...nfections.html

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/w...PJVGBQWD2ERDA/

https://www.wtae.com/article/us-seei...ummer/37202002
I would associate hearing differenlty, but that makes sense. I tend to not put a whole lot of weight on social media with medical stuff because of social media and such atleast until I can ask around about it.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #53976
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Where are you getting that from what I said?

They aren't doing knee surgeries here at this point or atleast haven't been for a bit. But even if they were, if you test positive prior to an elective surgery, that surgery isn't performed until a negative test.
Crazy influx of "getting old" in the Springfield area.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:02 AM   #53977
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I would associate hearing differenlty, but that makes sense. I tend to not put a whole lot of weight on social media with medical stuff because of social media and such atleast until I can ask around about it.
I trust what someone I personally know who works at the hospital tells me over twitter for sure. I certainly trust what I can personally see happening here at work as well.

I'm not sure what's confusing about 4 kids had to be sent to Children's Mercy because of covid but he is going to do him.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:40 AM   #53978
MVP

Haven't really followed this thread or similar ones, but it's interesting to me that about 2/3 of France is opposed to the vaccines, but here you're treated like a bumbling know-nothing country bumpkin if you even have the slightest concern about it. Do we really think the average American is more sophisticated and knowledgeable than the average French person?

Last edited by RaidersOftheCellar; 08-03-2021 at 09:47 AM..
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #53979
MER

Cuz it's France.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #53980
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
Cuz it's France.
There's a high percentage of Covid vaccine skeptics in most European nations. France just has the most.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #53981
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Haven't really followed this thread or similar ones, but it's interesting to me that about 2/3 of France is opposed to the vaccines, but here you're treated like a bumbling know-nothing country bumpkin if you even have the slightest concern about it. Do we really think the average American is more sophisticated and knowledgeable than the average French person?
Looks like they were idiots before Covid...

Quote:
According to the 2018 Wellcome Global Monitor, a report which measures how people think and feel about science and health, one in three French citizens doubt the safety of vaccines. This was the highest amount of vaccine skepticism expressed out of the 144 countries in which the survey was conducted.
And 12-20% are really ****ing stupid.

Quote:
Fast forward three years and you’ll hear the same arguments being rebirthed against the COVID-19 vaccine. After presenting our respondents with a multiple-choice lists of reasons they would refuse a vaccine, we found 50% believe there has been a lack of testing, 48% are concerned about side-effects, 12% are worried it will change their DNA, and 8% are anxious about microchips. Concerningly, 11% of all respondents indicated a belief that the vaccine is a government conspiracy.
https://fleishmanhillard.eu/2021/04/...nes-in-the-eu/
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:01 AM   #53982
Life is changing..

Hospitalizations have really leveled out here in NW Missouri. Still running with a fairly high case count and positivity rate. The next week should really give us an idea of which direction we're truly headed.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #53983
Kind of a mod

Quote:
There's a high percentage of Covid vaccine skeptics in most European nations. France just has the most.
I'm not sure why it matters...
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #53984
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Hospitalizations have really leveled out here in NW Missouri. Still running with a fairly high case count and positivity rate. The next week should really give us an idea of which direction we're truly headed.
In Johnson County the % of new people testing positive has plummented the past couple of days, which could also be an indicator that things are leveling or slowing down here as well.
kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.kgrund is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #53985
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Opposed or not, France has vaccinated a higher percentage of their population than the US has. 52.90% of the population is vaxxed in France.

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/in...rmedfr/lang/en
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.