Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:53 PM   #53941
MVP

A tale in two tweets

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:48 PM   #53942
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
They're messing with everyone's ability to get back to normal. Pissing me off that they bitch about freedoms and shit yet are the main reason they are getting taken away.
You are making an assumption but to explain myself I would be breaking the "Non political" rule of this thread
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:00 PM   #53943
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
You are making an assumption but to explain myself I would be breaking the "Non political" rule of this thread
I'm frustrated with people not getting vaccinated or atleast trying to get proper information to make that decision from professionals. 50% of the country being vaccinated is embarrassing when other countries are begging for it. It keeps being proven that it's working and saving lives. I can already see more mask mandates starting again and I've done my part. I feel awful for all the healthcare workers I know getting bombarded again and worry that this could cause delays again for procedures as well.

Fine, you don't want the vaccine then mask up for everyone else then if you aren't going to get it.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:02 PM   #53944

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
No, the people taking away (or trying to take away) the freedoms are the main reason they are getting taken away.
Sure. I just wish that people would try to atleast do the right thing. If youre not vaccinated then wear a mask and protect yourself and others to some degree.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:09 PM   #53945
11-5, baby

Quote:
Fine, you don't want the vaccine then mask up for everyone else then if you aren't going to get it.
Lol, like those people have any sense of common responsibility and decency.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #53946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Lol, like those people have any sense of common responsibility and decency.
You're right...it's def asking too much. People faking vaccine cards and getting busted now. Hope the charges and hefty fines were worth it.

Last edited by Sure-Oz; 08-02-2021 at 05:20 PM..
Old 08-02-2021, 05:17 PM   #53947
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Why in the world does SWMO have such a low rate? I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
Lotta ****ing morons.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:21 PM   #53948
11-5, baby

Quote:
You're right...it's def asking too much. People faking vaccine cards and getting busted now. Hope the charges ahs hefty fines were worth it.
It’s like the Silent Majority are now the draft dodging, card burning hippies.

The world is topsy turvy.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:01 PM   #53949
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
I'm frustrated with people not getting vaccinated or atleast trying to get proper information to make that decision from professionals. 50% of the country being vaccinated is embarrassing when other countries are begging for it. It keeps being proven that it's working and saving lives. I can already see more mask mandates starting again and I've done my part. I feel awful for all the healthcare workers I know getting bombarded again and worry that this could cause delays again for procedures as well.

Yeah, it's such an uneasy feeling right now. I compare it to a huge project at work where someone isn't doing shit, so there's an elephant in the room, knowing you'll have to put in the extra hours and fix their shit for them, etc.... even though there's a far better solution that no one has the balls to go through with.

And if mask mandates don't work (and already frustrating to wear them while vaccinated), it feels like no one will have the balls to make the tough, but far better solution than going straight to a lock down....
....deny healthcare, except it'll of course never happen (and not sure it should)
....deny entry into businesses/large gatherings/flights/etc. if you aren't vaccinated
....deny employment for customer-facing positions if you aren't vaccinated

And I give no shits about whether being vaccinated is right or wrong or indifferent. We can all try masking up again, which is 30% effective for actual masks and less for all of the bandanas and bullshit out there.

If that doesn't work and you're not comfortable with the most effective option out there, then accept you're a risk and shouldn't be around other people for as long as healthcare can't keep up with the demand.

It would suck. If the most effective option against Covid was to get a neck tattoo that said "NICKELBACK", I'd say **** it and stay home, all of the tattooed idiots can enjoy sporting events and live music, but no reason to shut down the country again.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #53950
In Search of a Life

We’re weathering it here but the hospital is struggling. It’s packed.

At this point it’s all go. Get the vaccine or don’t. Life is normal.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #53951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, it's such an uneasy feeling right now. I compare it to a huge project at work where someone isn't doing shit, so there's an elephant in the room, knowing you'll have to put in the extra hours and fix their shit for them, etc.... even though there's a far better solution that no one has the balls to go through with.

And if mask mandates don't work (and already frustrating to wear them while vaccinated), it feels like no one will have the balls to make the tough, but far better solution than going straight to a lock down....

....deny healthcare, except it'll of course never happen (and not sure it should)

....deny entry into businesses/large gatherings/flights/etc. if you aren't vaccinated

....deny employment for customer-facing positions if you aren't vaccinated

And I give no shits about whether being vaccinated is right or wrong or indifferent. We can all try masking up again, which is 30% effective for actual masks and less for all of the bandanas and bullshit out there.

If that doesn't work and you're not comfortable with the most effective option out there, then accept you're a risk and shouldn't be around other people for as long as healthcare can't keep up with the demand.

It would suck. If the most effective option against Covid was to get a neck tattoo that said "NICKELBACK", I'd say **** it and stay home, all of the tattooed idiots can enjoy sporting events and live music, but no reason to shut down the country again.
Exactly. Changing the rules until this crisis is over and control to save people from themselves and others that could be impacted should be done soon. Delta is a beast with how contagious it is and I was just ready to get back into the office till they said hold up. All this shit is so avoidable at this point.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:15 PM   #53952
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Not getting vaccinated at this point is just closed-minded. Even if a person was convinced that the vaccines were bad earlier, they should be able to change their mind now that the evidence overwhelmingly shows that it's a good thing. There's no shame in changing one's mind after a learning process, and in fact that's a good trait.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:01 AM   #53953
Here We Go Again

Good take down of the CDC's reaction to the Ptown outbreak. Walensky has no business as director of the CDC.

https://reason.com/2021/07/30/the-pr...tes-that-risk/
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:10 AM   #53954
Forever Royal

I haven’t paid that much attention but I haven’t heard much about delta being all that deadly. Is there anything to suggest it’s something we as a population actually need to be treating like the original? I gather it’s very contagious but if it’s less deadly isn’t that a good thing that it’s the dominant strain?

I’m just trying to figure if there’s any actual reason to justify increasing mask usage and talks of lockdowns.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:13 AM   #53955
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I haven’t paid that much attention but I haven’t heard much about delta being all that deadly. Is there anything to suggest it’s something we as a population actually need to be treating like the original? I gather it’s very contagious but if it’s less deadly isn’t that a good thing that it’s the dominant strain?

I’m just trying to figure if there’s any actual reason to justify increasing mask usage and talks of lockdowns.
It’s not less deadly to a non immune person.

Thanks to pre existing immunity, the death rate has lowered a lot.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.