Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM  
In Search of a Life

2019 Free agency Thread

We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #5371
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I'd throw a 1 year deal at either Darby or Verrett .
Dude, really? C'mon.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #5372
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey View Post
Really seems like Veach keeps his cards insanely close to his chest. Love it.
Yeah I might not like Veach's plan but props to him. No one knows what the **** he's going to do until he does it, dude moves like a ninja.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #5373
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Where’s everyone at with Jason Verrett?

Broke dick tendencies but probably the best pure corner when he’s healthy on the market.
I'd be damn interested in Verrett.

He'd be the perfect sort of player who can layer Ward if healthy and if not, Ward can go out and play and do a credible job. He can line up inside or outside if need be depending on how Fuller can manage a boundary role.

I'm not sure I'd be all that interested in a 1 year deal with him because I'd want to get some benefit on the back end if I stick with him while he knocks the rust off. But if he were viable on a 2 year deal; maybe a $4 million signing bonus with a base salary of $1 million this year and $5 million next?

2 years/$10 million total with an escape hatch next season if needed. Your worst case scenario is you pay $5 million for a brokedick (not a great scenario, granted) and your best is 2 years of a starting CB who's pretty damn good when healthy at about 1/3 of his market value.

Then again, I'm not sure 2/$10 even gets you a return call right now. It's just hard to say.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #5374
In Search of a Life

Hey CPs favorite Bashaud Breeland is on the market!!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #5375
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

He'd be the perfect sort of player who can layer Ward if healthy and if not, Ward can go out and play and do a credible job. He can line up inside or outside if need be depending on how Fuller can manage a boundary role.

I'm not sure I'd be all that interested in a 1 year deal with him because I'd want to get some benefit on the back end if I stick with him while he knocks the rust off. But if he were viable on a 2 year deal; maybe a $4 million signing bonus with a base salary of $1 million this year and $5 million next?

2 years/$10 million total with an escape hatch next season if needed. Your worst case scenario is you pay $5 million for a brokedick (not a great scenario, granted) and your best is 2 years of a starting CB who's pretty damn good when healthy at about 1/3 of his market value.

Then again, I'm not sure 2/$10 even gets you a return call right now. It's just hard to say.
Teams are overpaying so I wouldn't expect a 2 year $10 million dollar deal.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #5376
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

So the Bills are a team on the rise, but the Chiefs and Browns are...?

The Bills simply paid you more, that's it. Shut up Kevin Johnson, you broke-dick.
This is the correct answer!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #5377
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Heeeeeellll no.

Broke Dick Tendencies doesn't even begin to describe him.

I'd be shocked if he's even on an NFL roster in 2019.
This is also an extremely fair response.

The medicals would obviously decide it. If they get in there and get scared off, totally understandable. His injury history is among the worst in the league.

But I'd want to bring him in for a look over because the dude can play ball.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #5378
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Dude, really? C'mon.
Obviously I'd want Darby over Verrett. But if you could get Verrett cheap....I'd do it.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #5379

Quote:
You guys have got to be ****ing with me.

Here, i'll meet you all half way.

I'd give him a camp-fodder offer on the slight chance he can make it out of OTA's healthy.

He's the most injury prone player i've seen since Bob Sanders.

JFC, guys, he tore his achilles during a warm up on the first day of OTA's

Anything over $1M is waaay to ****ing much for that guy.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #5380

Quote:
This is also an extremely fair response.

The medicals would obviously decide it. If they get in there and get scared off, totally understandable. His injury history is among the worst in the league.

But I'd want to bring him in for a look over because the dude can play ball.
At one time, he could play. He has NEVER stayed healthy. He's had shoulder surgery, an ACL that kept him out for TWO seasons, and then blew his achilles during freaking OTA warm ups.

$560K? Sure. Anything over $1M is a massive gamble.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #5381

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Obviously I'd want Darby over Verrett. But if you could get Verrett cheap....I'd do it.
I guess that'd depend on what you'd define as cheap.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #5382
In Search of a Life

Who will get on the field first? Brokedick Berry or Vagina Verrett?
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #5383

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Who will get on the field first? Brokedick Berry or Vagina Verrett?
Well, considering Berry last played in a game two months ago.

When's the last time Verrett played in a game? 3 years ago?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #5384
MVP

Vikings C/G Brett Jones

2016 (NYG): 82 snaps, 74.4 overall, 85.2 pass blocking, 67.8 run blocking

2017 (NYG): 966 snaps, 68.6 overall, 82.1 pass blocking, 60.0 run blocking, 10 pressures, 1 hit, 2 sacks

2018 (MIN): 191 snaps, 53.1 overall, 70.3 pass blocking, 46.5 run blocking

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
#Vikings have interest in bringing back free-agent center/guard Brett Jones, but it remains to be see where the money might come from after he made $2.9 million last season. Kansas City and Philadelphia are also possible suitors for Jones.
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #5385
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
I guess that'd depend on what you'd define as cheap.
Incentive laden contract. If he makes any real money, it’s because he is on the field.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.