Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:15 PM   #53731
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
First, the Allen/Mahomes thing is silly. I could just say "do you think Allen/Mahomes would survive the NFL of the 70s/80s"?

And, I'm not sugar coating or cherry picking stats. I'm addressing the one that was brought up - TDs.

The differences in the eras do matter when you're comparing careers.

Then it matters comparing Dawson to Elway, because Elway totally didn’t play in Dawson’s era, and it’s tough to know how he would have fared
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:19 PM   #53732
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Then it matters comparing Dawson to Elway, because Elway totally didn’t play in Dawson’s era, and it’s tough to know how he would have fared
I never brought up any comparisons, you did that. I addressed that one as well. Yes, players before Elway threw for more TDs in a season than Elway.
- In the 1960s, it happened about 18 times in that decade.
- In the 1970s, it happened only 3 times during the decade... 15 times fewer than the prior decade.

Last edited by Mile High Mania; 11-07-2022 at 12:26 PM..
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #53733
MVP

Quote:
First, the Allen/Mahomes thing is silly. I could just say "do you think Allen/Mahomes would survive the NFL of the 70s/80s"?

And, I'm not sugar coating or cherry picking stats. I'm addressing the one that was brought up - TDs.

The differences in the eras do matter when you're comparing careers.
Why wouldn't they survive in the 70s/80s?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:42 PM   #53734
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I'm not suggesting they would not... it was just a question, similar to yours.

Do you feel the style of play in the NFL regarding QBs, WRs, etc and what defenses can do are vastly different now than they were in the 60s-80s?
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Mile High Mania
This message has been deleted by Mile High Mania. Reason: dupe
Old 11-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #53735
#triggering

Quote:
Quote:

Do you feel the style of play in the NFL regarding QBs, WRs, etc and what defenses can do are vastly different now than they were in the 60s-80s?
Better question for you.

The Bills and Chiefs play next week and the NFL announces the defenses can play under the 1970s rule book. How different is that outcome?
Old 11-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #53736
Consuming CP souls

300 TDs in 16 seasons is pretty pathetic
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:22 PM   #53737
MVP

Quote:
Better question for you.

The Bills and Chiefs play next week and the NFL announces the defenses can play under the 1970s rule book. How different is that outcome?
Why are we even comparing Bills and Chiefs?

I don't know. I'm not omniscient. Why don't you tell me?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:23 PM   #53738
Choco Favre

Quote:
Better question for you.

Probably 24-20ish
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #53739
MVP

Quote:

Sure. Know what else is vastly different? Size, speed and strength of athletes. No one ever seems to acknowledge this for some reason.

If the suggestion is that Mahomes' body couldn't hold up in eras dominated by QBs like Montana and Lenny Dawson, I think that's funny.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 01:29 PM   #53740
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
I get it as I do not like Elway or the Broncos, but if you take out the modern day QB playing in an offense and QB favored league he is still #3 all time in TDs.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 11-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #53741
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I get it as I do not like Elway or the Broncos, but if you take out the modern day QB playing in an offense and QB favored league he is still #3 all time in TDs.
But how much did he benefit from the changing rules himself?
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #53742
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
But how much did he benefit from the changing rules himself?
Not sure. It depends on when he retired (which I don’t know off the top of my head). I do know the rules changed significantly during the height of the Manning/Brady years and it shows as offenses have exploded since then.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 11-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #53743
Needs more middle fingers

Horseface is the most over rated Qb in the history of the league.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:22 PM   #53744
#triggering

Quote:
Sure. Know what else is vastly different? Size, speed and strength of athletes. No one ever seems to acknowledge this for some reason.

If the suggestion is that Mahomes' body couldn't hold up in eras dominated by QBs like Montana and Lenny Dawson, I think that's funny.
I'll just leave this where we have it... agree that size, speed of players, etc has evolved. I was referring to what the defense was allowed to do then compared to now.

I'm not here to change anyone's religion regarding Elway or other QBs.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #53745
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
By today's standard, sure, you could run with that. It was #3 all time in 1998.