Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #5206
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
Meeeeehhhhhhhh
That’s how I am. It was a decent episode with interesting dialogue bits but Daenaerys only having about 4 hours of Queen time before getting overthrown, that whole thing was just dumb. If you were going to throw her away after all these years just have her die in the battle of winterfell and have Jon storm Kings Landing in her name and then give up the throne once he got revenge for his family.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #5207
I'll be back.

Also, the entire small council scene was classic GoT. Loved every second of that.

And I'd love to see a movie with King Bran being an all-knowing dick to everyone.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #5208
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Bran sucks and makes no sense, he said in episode 2 that he doesn’t want anymore but yet like a smug piece of shit he says why do you think I came all this way. **** Bran, he’s the worst written character the last three seasons, turned into a comatose robot dick after becoming the three eyed raven. Tyrion would’ve at least made sense, could’ve had Bronn as his hand, had Brienne as the captain of the kings guard. Bran makes sense as Master of Whispers; he knows everything already so he’s baller at his job and he can do as he pleases.

You're ignoring the fact that Tyrion is right. MANY hate him -- like practically everyone -- and the Lannister power base doesn't even exist. Exactly who is loyal to him, and why?

This is, fundamentally, my main problem with King Bran. He has no house and no armies loyal TO HIM. The Starks and Northmen are IN THE DAMN NORTH. And he's shown no ability to inspire either loyalty or fear, which are the two things (one or the other or both) that a leader in that setting must have.

But yeah, on balance...ok. The entire kingdom is very much off-balance, and nobody else has much in the way of armies loyal to them either.

But seriously -- does anyone think Bronn ISN'T making a play for the throne within five years?

Overall, I'm okay with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #5209
In Search of a Life

The line of Bran “looking” for Drogo. So yah. He can warg him. Could be interesting. As I said: I like the ending. I think they should have killed the Dragon instead of Dany because that removes the nuclear option. Having the dragon still in play makes things more interesting though.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #5210
The man you could post like.

Jon got to pet Ghost. That was nice.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #5211
sorta mod-ish

Welp, ok then.

I see that D&D directed this episode. It showed.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #5212
The Lede

I liked the ending.
Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #5213
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
The line of Bran “looking” for Drogo. So yah. He can warg him. Could be interesting. As I said: I like the ending. I think they should have killed the Dragon instead of Dany because that removes the nuclear option. Having the dragon still in play makes things more interesting though.

So all these seasons and hours and I think Drogon might be my overall favorite character.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #5214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
You're ignoring the fact that Tyrion is right. MANY hate him -- like practically everyone -- and the Lannister power base doesn't even exist. Exactly who is loyal to him, and why?

This is, fundamentally, my main problem with King Bran. He has no house and no armies loyal TO HIM. The Starks and Northmen are IN THE DAMN NORTH. And he's shown no ability to inspire either loyalty or fear, which are the two things (one or the other or both) that a leader in that setting must have.

But yeah, on balance...ok. The entire kingdom is very much off-balance, and nobody else has much in the way of armies loyal to them either.

But seriously -- does anyone think Bronn ISN'T making a play for the throne within five years?

Overall, I'm okay with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
But I think the kumbaya, hippie ass point that’s being made is that the people who elected him are all products of the song of ice and fire. So it’s like a paradigm shift in leadership in Westeros.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #5215
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
So all these seasons and hours and I think Drogon might be my overall favorite character.
My wife was way sadder at the dragon mourning Dany than the actual death of Dany.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #5216
Supporter

Poor Drogon.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:22 PM   #5217
You gotta kill a few people

I didn't like it.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:23 PM   #5218
Supporter

That was a good final episode.

The nights watch is in Winterfel, which is an independent country. Sansa can snap her finger and Jon is free to ****.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #5219
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Ya Drogon was spotted east, so he was probably taking Dany's dead body back to her roots in Valyria where he last went when he disappeared.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #5220
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I liked the ending.
It was fine enough. Again, they just didn't have enough time or episodes to finish it properly, imho.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.