Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #5191
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I think it looks great in our backyard landscaping anyway with our cactus, flowers, fruit trees and palm trees. Getting to eat it is just a bonus.

I'm sorry I don't matchup to big bad Inmem in Bakersfield, Cali. My heart is broken.
http://youtu.be/v_SV4GAsLxo

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #5192
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
My heart is broken.
Science can fix that.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #5193
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Science can fix that.
Yes it can. Science is the most important thing on this planet. I'm a science nerd.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #5194
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Yes it can. Science is the most important thing on this planet. I'm a science nerd.
No, love is.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #5195
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
No, love is.

Well played.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #5196
Ultrabanned

Quote:
And ur a garden nerd!!! LOLOOLOL. Oh man, u totally tend to plants and eat them and shit!
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #5197
Be Kind To Your Pets

Tonight is grilled chicken breasts with Gates BBQ sauce, baked potato, corn on the cob, garden salad, blackberries and strawberries and Tank 7.

Yummy.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #5198
I like Pie!

Tetrazzini and cheese garlic toast. Last night was a "Big Daddy" pizza from Fun House, dam that was good!
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #5199
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

Loco moco. This is a damn good facsimile of what we had in Honolulu.

Was also my first ever attempt at sunny-side-up eggs.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #5200
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post

I really thought they were easy until I tried. It's not hard to do, but it's not easy to get right. That's why most of us go over easy. It's mainly the "over" part that makes out life simple.

I had a Navy cook show me how it's done (and for him it was all the grill's temp), and I still can't get it right regularly.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #5201
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I really thought they were easy until I tried. It's not hard to do, but it's not easy to get right. That's why most of us go over easy. It's mainly the "over" part that makes out life simple.

I had a Navy cook show me how it's done (and for him it was all the grill's temp), and I still can't get it right regularly.
I think the key is low heat. You have to get the white cooked through, and without flipping, the only way to do that is low heat.

I actually prefer my eggs over hard, but went sunny-side-up for this just because. Wife likes her's over easy, and I do them that way regularly for her. Except I don't turn 'em.

Get the pan pre-heated, put in the eggs, season, and cover with a lid (or a plate) for 1 minute. Immediately take it off the heat and serve. Perfect eggs every time. And since the top steams under the lid, they're basically over easy without the over.

Old 05-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #5202
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

It needs some chives or green onion for color.

Recipe is here: http://norecipes.com/recipe/loco-moco-recipe/

I'd do a couple things differently. I bought baby bellas; I think button is the right choice. Also, I think the bourbon in the gravy was a little distracting; I think wine would go better. (Note, there's also nothing in the instructions about frying the shallots.)

Old 05-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #5203

Quote:
I think the key is low heat. You have to get the white cooked through, and without flipping, the only way to do that is low heat.

I actually prefer my eggs over hard, but went sunny-side-up for this just because. Wife likes her's over easy, and I do them that way regularly for her. Except I don't turn 'em.

Get the pan pre-heated, put in the eggs, season, and cover with a lid (or a plate) for 1 minute. Immediately take it off the heat and serve. Perfect eggs every time. And since the top steams under the lid, they're basically over easy without the over.
I agree. The Chief used to check the grills temp with vinegar (odd that it wasn't water), and it took longer to do the egg than I'm usually willing to wait.

Any idea why he'd use vinegar? You're usually smart about such things...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #5204
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I agree. The Chief used to check the grills temp with vinegar (odd that it wasn't water), and it took longer to do the egg than I'm usually willing to wait.

Any idea why he'd use vinegar? You're usually smart about such things...
I can't think of any scientific reason he'd use vinegar other than vinegar's boiling point is higher. So if he wanted the grill at 250, that's about the point the vinegar would boil.

It could have been a flavor thing. A quick Google search pulled up a number of recipes for finishing eggs with a vinegar/butter sauce.

Old 05-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #5205

Quote:
I can't think of any scientific reason he'd use vinegar other than vinegar's boiling point is higher. So if he wanted the grill at 250, that's about the point the vinegar would boil.

It could have been a flavor thing. A quick Google search pulled up a number of recipes for finishing eggs with a vinegar/butter sauce.

That might be it.. He did it on a dry grill (pre-oiling), so that might be it. Either way, his sunny side up eggs were awesome.

Closed Thread