Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #5101
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Sorry, yo. I've been in Hawaii since last Monday, got back this morning. Currently jet lagged, and probably not even having dinner, let alone making something.

Maybe some easy chili tomorrow.
Well I'd love to see your next cooking deal, but I want the Hawaii photo thread started..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #5102
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Well I'd love to see your next cooking deal, but I want the Hawaii photo thread started..

I'm staring to edit tomorrow. So will probably start it tomorrow.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #5103
Supporter

Quote:
Will do. Maybe this weekend I'll try our Hawaiian favorite "loco moco."
Ha! Just looked at the Travel Channel to see when Time Travelling with Brian Unger was on next

"Up Next: Man Finds Food: Golden Gate's Loco Moco"

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #5104
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Ha! Just looked at the Travel Channel to see when Time Travelling with Brian Unger was on next

"Now Playing: Man Finds Food: San Francisco's Loco Moco"

Now chefs can time travel.

This probably explains the whole hipster thing...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #5105
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post

Now chefs can time travel.

This probably explains the whole hipster thing...
No, it's a travel channel thing, not a food network thing. Brian Unger [used to be a Daily Show correspondent] takes folks off the street and shows/explains historical events as they actually occurred. For example, in one episode he takes them to Tombstone and shows them exactly where the 'shootout at the OK corral' happened. Another time he took them to some industrial part of Las Vegas and told them about the 'quickie divorce villas of the rich and famous' and the spas and dude ranches that used to be there. Went around Hollywood showing where certain famous silent era movies were made, like, right out on the street. etc.

Not the most high falutin' of fare, but interesting historical tidbits you don't get everywhere.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #5106
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
No, it's a travel channel thing, not a food network thing. Brian Unger [used to be a Daily Show correspondent] takes folks off the street and shows/explains historical events as they actually occurred. For example, in one episode he takes them to Tombstone and shows them exactly where the 'shootout at the OK corral' happened. Another time he took them to some industrial part of Las Vegas and told them about the 'quickie divorce villas of the rich and famous' and the spas and dude ranches that used to be there. Went around Hollywood showing where certain famous silent era movies were made, like, right out on the street. etc.

Not the most high falutin' of fare, but interesting historical tidbits you don't get everywhere.
When are you making that pasta?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #5107
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
When are you making that pasta?
Don't hold your breath. Nothing against the recipe, but I have other food I've already bought I need to consume first [and unlike you I don't go through whole grills full of chicken wings, or 3-4 lbs of steak at a sitting], and don't have some of the ingredients listed. Closest I can commit would be sometime soon, if I'm heating up al fredo [already jarred, from The Hill] in the near future, I might try blackening some chicken to go in it, and dropping some sun dried tomatoes in the sauce. But from scratch, strictly according to the recipe, might be a while.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:52 PM   #5108
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:

So he takes the ignorant and forces them to learn things, with food?

I'm all for that...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #5109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
So he takes the ignorant and forces them to learn things, with food?

I'm all for that...
What's with you and food? T R A V E L.

'Man Finds Food' might be tripping you up. It's a different show that comes on now, about travelling, that happens to be about travelling to find different food dishes. 'Time Traveling' is just a historical show that travels to America's touristy destinations and gives a backstory on the place in question.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #5110
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Don't hold your breath. Nothing against the recipe, but I have other food I've already bought I need to consume first [and unlike you I don't go through whole grills full of chicken wings, or 3-4 lbs of steak at a sitting], and don't have some of the ingredients listed. Closest I can commit would be sometime soon, if I'm heating up al fredo [already jarred, from The Hill] in the near future, I might try blackening some chicken to go in it, and dropping some sun dried tomatoes in the sauce. But from scratch, strictly according to the recipe, might be a while.
Those wings were consumed by 4 guys. Well damn, let us know if you make it.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #5111
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Those wings were consumed by 4 guys. Well damn, let us know if you make it.
I didn't figure you were eating everything you post here. Your girth would have made national news, or at least Jerry Springer, by now if so. But you clearly cook for a lot more people than I do. Plus, I try to eat lighter these days, so rare is the day I cook an all out gourmet spread.

More of a sausage egg and toast breakfast, burger or rice dish dinner with generic salad, mode.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:30 PM   #5112
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
I didn't figure you were eating everything you post here. Your girth would have made national news, or at least Jerry Springer, by now if so. But you clearly cook for a lot more people than I do. Plus, I try to eat lighter these days, so rare is the day I cook an all out gourmet spread.

More of a sausage egg and toast breakfast, burger or rice dish dinner with generic salad, mode.
I've been away from work on paternity leave so I'm able to cook more now. When I work I try to get one/two nice dinners in a month that I make.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #5113
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

Here's my easy chili.

I forgot to add the 2 cans of tomato sauce to the pic, and not pictures is 2 pounds of 90/10 ground beef.

Most of the ingredients come separately packaged. Packets include: ground cayenne, paprika, cumin/oregano, onion/garlic, chili powder, salt, and masa.

I swap the dried garlic/onion with fresh. I used one onion, four garlic cloves. I also swap the chili powder for my own homemade chili-p, cut the cayenne and replace with some aleppo.

It's simmering now. Will be done in about 1 hour. I'll cool it and allow the flavor to meld for tonight's dinner. When I reheat, I'll add the beans and the diced (drained) tomatoes.

I like to play with this. Sometimes I use fresh herb, sometimes I use beer in place of the water, sometimes beef broth. To up the flavor, I usually bloom the spices in the browned hamburger. This time, I sweated the onion, added the garlic and spices, and then the water and tomato sauce, then the burger. Basically boiling the ground beef, which I've seen some folks do for a finer texture.

Last edited by Fire Me Boy!; 05-13-2015 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #5114
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Alright lets see if I can get this pic thing to work. I had some extra stuff from my flank steak experience and some chicken thighs so tried this.

1. Add chopped red onion, garlic, jalapenos to pot
2. Loosely cut chipotles and add with adobo sauce
3. Add bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
4. Add spices: Mexican Oregano, Cumin, Paprika, Chipotle powder, Coriander, Smoked Salt, Black Pepper
5. Add chicken stock and lime juice until its about half way up chicken
6. Bake, covered, at 200 degrees for 4 hours.
Just to complete the story:
7. Remove chicken from pot, let cool, then shred.
8. Put remaining sauce in fridge to cool, then skim fat from top.
9. Use blender or food processor to liquefy the sauce, then mix with shredded chicken

Tasted great. Only thing I would do differently is to put the Mexican Oregano under the chicken rather than on top; when everything was done it looked like overcooked spinach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken Thighs 6.png
Views:	122
Size:	502.6 KB
ID:	109758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken Thighs 7.png
Views:	123
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	109759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken Thighs 8.png
Views:	125
Size:	584.8 KB
ID:	109760  
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #5115
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Here's my easy chili.

I forgot to add the 2 cans of tomato sauce to the pic, and not pictures is 2 pounds of 90/10 ground beef.

Most of the ingredients come separately packaged. Packets include: ground cayenne, paprika, cumin/oregano, onion/garlic, chili powder, salt, and masa.

I swap the dried garlic/onion with fresh. I used one onion, four garlic cloves. I also swap the chili powder for my own homemade chili-p, cut the cayenne and replace with some aleppo.

It's simmering now. Will be done in about 1 hour. I'll cool it and allow the flavor to meld for tonight's dinner. When I reheat, I'll add the beans and the diced (drained) tomatoes.

I like to play with this. Sometimes I use fresh herb, sometimes I use beer in place of the water, sometimes beef broth. To up the flavor, I usually bloom the spices in the browned hamburger. This time, I sweated the onion, added the garlic and spices, and then the water and tomato sauce, then the burger. Basically boiling the ground beef, which I've seen some folks do for a finer texture.

I have no idea how to make chili sexy. So here she is, no makeup and straight out of bed.

Closed Thread