Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2004, 08:25 AM  
Supporter

Handy-Man Corner

I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #496
Will KC ever be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I'm not much of a handyman at all. (Hence my asking for advice)

I could use a good weed killer. I live in a townhouse that has a small patio. It's surrounded by a privacy fence.

I'd like to buy something that will kill the vegetation for good in a 3' X 6' area.

I plan on throwing down some cedar chips or something afterwards.

I suppose I could just pick something, but I thought I'd ask.

Anti-freeze or Diesel fuel work pretty good, if you are covering it, some used motor oil can kill the spot for good - but don't let the EPA catch you doing it.

You can also go down to the local co-op and ask them for something that will sterilize the soil. Farmer I worked for got something that would kill everything and nothing would grow back for at least a year. Don't know what it was called though.

I bought some stuff at the hardware store this year that, like Roundup killed everything off, but was supposed to sterilize the soil for the rest of the season. I used it on the church parking lot but we've had so much rain and water runs well enough around there that it has already lost it's effectiveness.
PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:07 AM   #497
Starter

Here's a gadget I made!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 complete.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	69721   Click image for larger version

Name:	sam bike side.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	69722  
bronco610 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bronco610 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 AM   #498
Starter

The child has cerebal palsey and alot of people chipped in. Not looking for pat on the back but even some Chief fans helped so I just wanted to say thanks for those of you who did !!!
bronco610 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bronco610 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 AM   #499
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco610
The child has cerebal palsey and alot of people chipped in. Not looking for pat on the back but even some Chief fans helped so I just wanted to say thanks for those of you who did !!!
People are just people, dude. It doesn't matter what team you root for.

Nice bike. Hopefully it will bring many hours of enjoyment for you and your kid.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 AM   #500
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
People are just people, dude. It doesn't matter what team you root for.

Nice bike. Hopefully it will bring many hours of enjoyment for you and your kid.
Not my kid, just the builder. Never met the guy, but I also have a son with cerebal palsey. Like I said just wanted to say thanks to the fans who contributed.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:50 AM   #501
Gonna go back in time....

You have some skills and you kick ass. god bless.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 AM   #502
Supporter

I had followed the project that lead to that bike. Its a nice gesture on your part and a fine project....other than the color blind person who must have picked those clashing, nasty color scheme.

nice work.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #503
Supporter

Stucko House repair.

I've got a problem on a project I'm working on.

Long story short, a grandparent thought "vines" were Pretty and allowed them to grow all over a stucko house. We killed them and are pulling them down, however, some are grown into the stucko and will need some fixin.

the next problem is the "feet" that the vines cleated themselves to the wall/ceilings....they pull off, leaving black spots that won't power wash off.

Does anyone have an idea or trick to get that shit off?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #504
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian
Stucko House repair.

I've got a problem on a project I'm working on.

Long story short, a grandparent thought "vines" were Pretty and allowed them to grow all over a stucko house. We killed them and are pulling them down, however, some are grown into the stucko and will need some fixin.

the next problem is the "feet" that the vines cleated themselves to the wall/ceilings....they pull off, leaving black spots that won't power wash off.

Does anyone have an idea or trick to get that shit off?
Trisodium Phosphate? That's all I got. Not sure if it will hurt the stucko.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #505
Supporter

Handy-men Listen up.

Water lines. Recently, mostly last weekend My dad and I ran all new waterlines from the meter throughout my project house/home. We had previously run new water and sewer upstairs during another surprise(holes in cast plumbing you could hide a beercan that soaked a wall-ceiling) when I had everything torn out to repair that.....

Anyway.....If you ever find yourself in this predicament, and do not use "PEX"....you're a fool.

Its so much faster.

I'll never install a copper line again.
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/pocketcrimper.html
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #506
Voodoo Chile

I'm pulling paneling out of a room this week and replacing it with sheetrock. Is there a secret to matching up the walls with the textured ceiling without making it totally obvious?
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #507
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
I'm pulling paneling out of a room this week and replacing it with sheetrock. Is there a secret to matching up the walls with the textured ceiling without making it totally obvious?
I usually use rip bead along the top edge and just caulk whatever gap remains. Covering up the unfinished corner with crown molding works too.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #508
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBo View Post
I usually use rip bead along the top edge and just caulk whatever gap remains. Covering up the unfinished corner with crown molding works too.
Rip bead?
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #509
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
Rip bead?
I added a link in my last post.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #510
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBo View Post
I added a link in my last post.
Very cool. Thanks.