Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #2
It Goes On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
irregardless....

this is pretty cool

Definitely one of the cooler moments in the movie, and I just knew he would be beside himself about it.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
Supporter

Really enjoyed the movie. Only thing that bothered me a bit was the Skrulls makeup/acting. They were TOO human....like they were fresh from some convention or something. But overall, good film, especially the 3rd act.

Last edited by SAGA45; 03-12-2019 at 08:35 AM..
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
Plays to win the game!

I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
It Goes On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!
I get the transition thing. i really do.

But it's rare that a superhero, after getting their powers, isn't suddenly the most skilled hand-to-hand/acrobatic combatant ever to live with zero training.
Kinda gotta let go a bit.
Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.Sully threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #6
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
I get the transition thing. i really do.

But it's rare that a superhero, after getting their powers, isn't suddenly the most skilled hand-to-hand/acrobatic combatant ever to live with zero training.
Kinda gotta let go a bit.
Let's see. Tony Stark didn't have full control over his suit when he first donned it. Captain America didn't either as shown in the the chase scene just minutes after he transformed. Spider-Man obviously took a while to understand his stuff. Thor is like 100 years old by the time his first movie came out. Scarlett and her bro were mutants from birth and were adults when we saw their powers so they had time to learn. Black Panther was a warrior prince trained from birth and his power up enhanced all his knowledge of fighting. Dr. Strange trained his butt off before he really came to the forefront. Ant Man had a learning curve as well. Banner is still learning how to turn on and off his powers and think clearly while green. If I missed someone let me know. Marvel has carefully made sure our super heroes had to go through something to get where they are now or they already were in the prime of their powers when they were introduced. So you are wrong.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:14 PM   #7
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
Let's see. Tony Stark didn't have full control over his suit when he first donned it. Captain America didn't either as shown in the the chase scene just minutes after he transformed. Spider-Man obviously took a while to understand his stuff. Thor is like 100 years old by the time his first movie came out. Scarlett and her bro were mutants from birth and were adults when we saw their powers so they had time to learn. Black Panther was a warrior prince trained from birth and his power up enhanced all his knowledge of fighting. Dr. Strange trained his butt off before he really came to the forefront. Ant Man had a learning curve as well. Banner is still learning how to turn on and off his powers and think clearly while green. If I missed someone let me know. Marvel has carefully made sure our super heroes had to go through something to get where they are now or they already were in the prime of their powers when they were introduced. So you are wrong.
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, this was my biggest issue. The whole thing was just too easy. She didn't have to earn it, which makes it all feel a bit hollow.

I don't have a huge issue with the movie as a whole, and I thought Larsen was fine for what it was. The character itself is just weak, and I worry a bit if she's supposed to be a centerpiece of the MCU in the future.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #8
It Goes On

Quote:
You make good points. I stand corrected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
BAMF!

Quote:
And Captain Marvel trained as a soldier, then for 6 years as some kind of warrior apprentice where she learned how to use a weakened version of her powers. When she does get full control of them there are several scenes where she ****s up trying to aim or use them right. So, if your argument is that she suddenly had her power thrust upon her and could manage them perfectly, you are an idiot or didn't actually watch the movie.

My review of the film is a C, if you were curious. I found it boring, and though the story was worth telling, they did it poorly. CM suffers from the same issue that super man does, namely that they are so ****ing powerful there is literally no reason to doubt they will win every time. Every story with them is a foregone conclusion.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 03-14-2019, 04:02 PM   #10
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post

My review of the film is a C, if you were curious. I found it boring, and though the story was worth telling, they did it poorly. CM suffers from the same issue that super man does, namely that they are so ****ing powerful there is literally no reason to doubt they will win every time. Every story with them is a foregone conclusion.
I Super Agree with this.

The only conceivable way that you can write an arc for Superman or Captain Marvel is to create tension and strife associated with their "human" aspect - as opposed to their powers. Resolution has no impact, purpose, or meaning without some form of personal struggle.

In CM's case, that would involve some form of conflict dealing with a female. As a writer, this of course, leads you to consider something like menopausal cramps, or a kitchen cooking failure, or an online makeup purchase gone bad, or something similar. And if you do that the fanboys would hate it.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #11
The man you could post like.

Quote:
And Captain Marvel trained as a soldier, then for 6 years as some kind of warrior apprentice where she learned how to use a weakened version of her powers. When she does get full control of them there are several scenes where she ****s up trying to aim or use them right. So, if your argument is that she suddenly had her power thrust upon her and could manage them perfectly, you are an idiot or didn't actually watch the movie.

Yeah. Does Captain Marvel have a 'kryptonite' like Superman does?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #12
Paladin

Quote:

There is too much context before I made that post to explain to you why this post you made in response to mine is asinine and a waste of time. I'm just going to put you on ignore if you are just going to cherry pick posts to attempt to 1up someone.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #13
Ain't no relax!

Yeah, I thought the reveal for why Fury lost his eye was a real letdown.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #14
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Yeah, I thought the reveal for why Fury lost his eye was a real letdown.
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #15
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
Just googled it.

The ****, Marvel? Are you ****ing serious?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.