Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2024, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2024 STL Cardinals Thread ***

I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its officially released.

2024 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-28-2024 at 10:04 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #496
Now you've pissed me off!

I'd love to see Pham whip Arenado's ass in the dugout.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #497
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Fedde won’t be a FA in the off-season. He’s under contract for 7.5 million next year.

And is in the top 5 for AL pitching WAR.

It suggests that the league doesn’t trust his stuff. Or that they don’t think he’s a post-season pitcher.

In truth he probably isn’t. The fastball just isn’t very good. But as a slop tossing righty he can probably throw 180 IP at 25% above league average. That’s probably good for 4-5 WAR most seasons and is a screaming bargain in the regular season.

But it’s just another example of the team not being built for the post-season. It’s a rotation full of junkers. If they make it to October, they’re drawing dead.
The Cardinals got a younger version of Miles Mikolas. Same type of pitcher who reinvented himself in the Far East.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #498
Veteran

Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #499
Sleeping on the blacktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
Speaking of milking nostalgia.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #500
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
Buck's call in Game 6 of we will see you tomorrow night is one of the best of all time.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #501
Has a particular set of skills

Could have had Soto for Carlson. Now we will get a lottery type guy, if we are lucky. Typical Mo move.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:59 PM   #502
MVP

One of the latest rumors I saw was a rental middle relief guy being discussed for Carlson (Dylan Floro of the Nats).
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #503
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Tell me about why Dejong sucked so bad at the end of his time with you guys?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:49 PM   #504
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
A) He's just not a very good ballplayer but that doesn't mean he couldn't be average so the rest of it is

B) Everything the Cardinals touch turns to shit.

But really, a lot of it is still A. Dude's on pace for 30+ homers over a full season and has an OPS barely over .700. But/for playing in a launching pad, he wouldn't even be doing that well. Guy has 112 strikeouts this year to 14 walks. That's who he is - he close his eyes and swings hard in the hopes that he manages to make contact.

Stick him in a hitters park and he'll demonstrate a little power. In KC, he's going to be an offensive black hole. I mean a complete trainwreck. But he'll likely be a largely credible defensive player for you so he'll be at/near replacement value.

Honestly, if you don't have someone better in your system, that's a bit of an indictment on your system. Paul DeJong shouldn't be adding to a contender. He's not a very good ballplayer; fringe major leaguer at best.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
One of the latest rumors I saw was a rental middle relief guy being discussed for Carlson (Dylan Floro of the Nats).
If the Rays are looking to trade someone, I'd stay away from that guy.

If the Cardinals are looking to move someone, I'd absolutely be interested.

Who's the last outfielder they ditched that DIDN'T get better the instant he left St. Louis?

****ing Richie Palacios has 2 WAR in a part-time role in Tampa Bay this year. Richie Palacios!!

If a team trades for Dylan Carlson and gives him 500 PAs, they'll absolutely get at least a 3 WAR player for their troubles. The Cardinals ruin everything.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #506
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Because he's streaky as **** and doesn't walk.

DeJong is perfectly fine as someone coming off of the bench to PH and then play the field or start maybe 1-2 games a week. His defense is good.

He just shouldn't be playing every day.

Quote:
If the Rays are looking to trade someone, I'd stay away from that guy.

If the Cardinals are looking to move someone, I'd absolutely be interested.

Who's the last outfielder they ditched that DIDN'T get better the instant he left St. Louis?

****ing Richie Palacios has 2 WAR in a part-time role in Tampa Bay this year. Richie Palacios!!

If a team trades for Dylan Carlson and gives him 500 PAs, they'll absolutely get at least a 3 WAR player for their troubles. The Cardinals ruin everything.

Kittredge has been awesome and Palacios was acquired off the trash heap. There's a bunch to bitch about-trading Palacios for Kittredge ain't it.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Because he's streaky as **** and doesn't walk.

DeJong is perfectly fine as someone coming off of the bench to PH and then play the field or start maybe 1-2 games a week. His defense is good.

He just shouldn't be playing every day.

Kittredge has been awesome and Palacios was acquired off the trash heap. There's a bunch to bitch about-trading Palacios for Kittredge ain't it.
Oh I'm fine trading Palacios. And said so at the time.

I just think it's funny that ANOTHER outfielder left St. Louis and was immediately as good as the guys we have starting for us. And for the first couple months of the season (before Siani hit his weight and Burleson found his form) he was easily better than anyone we had.

He's just demonstrative of the fact that if the Cardinals are shopping a player, you'd be wise to kick the tires. Because far more often than not, that player will perform for you. Especially if he's an outfielder.
Old Today, 03:36 PM   #508
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Oh I'm fine trading Palacios. And said so at the time.

I just think it's funny that ANOTHER outfielder left St. Louis and was immediately as good as the guys we have starting for us. And for the first couple months of the season (before Siani hit his weight and Burleson found his form) he was easily better than anyone we had.

He's just demonstrative of the fact that if the Cardinals are shopping a player, you'd be wise to kick the tires. Because far more often than not, that player will perform for you. Especially if he's an outfielder.
There's no one in the OF who I like long-term playing there as a starter aside from Donovan. I like Nootbar but he gets injured all the time so can't really rely on him and Burleson needs to move to DH/1B long-term. Walker isn't an OFer and Siani, while one of the best defenders in CF in MLB, can't hit worth a damn.

So, they still need at least 2 OFers in the off-season (1 starter and another guy to at least be competent of platooning) and some how improve the rotation next year unless they trot out all of Mikolas, Lynn, and Gibson, which I am sure they will.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #509

Quote:
There's no one in the OF who I like long-term playing there as a starter aside from Donovan. I like Nootbar but he gets injured all the time so can't really rely on him and Burleson needs to move to DH/1B long-term. Walker isn't an OFer and Siani, while one of the best defenders in CF in MLB, can't hit worth a damn.

So, they still need at least 2 OFers in the off-season (1 starter and another guy to at least be competent of platooning) and some how improve the rotation next year unless they trot out all of Mikolas, Lynn, and Gibson, which I am sure they will.
There's no cavalry coming, fellas.

The system is about as mediocre as the big league roster. They'll fast-track Wetherholt but even he is someone that makes a good team better; he doesn't make a mediocre team good.

The only thing that could make this team relevant would be a series of hail mary's.

1) Jordan Walker un-****s himself and becomes a genuine middle of the order bat.

2) Nolan Arenado wakes the **** up and starts playing hard again.

3) Tink Hence, Quinn Matthews, Tekoah Roby and/or Conner Hjerpe develop (essentially overnight) into viable top half of the rotation starters. You need 2 of those guys to be post-season capable starting pitchers.

4) I won't even talk about the laughable possibility of Juan Soto being a Cardinal. Or even Corbin Burnes. But maybe Pete Alonso (who's probably not a good fit for the park). Maybe Max Fried as a solid #2 starter? Maybe Bellinger as a starting CFer? A flyer on Walker Buehler that works out?

If literally every one of those things happen, this team can win 90+ games and maybe be ornery in the post-season.

I wouldn't be surprise if not a single one of them comes to fruition.
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #510
Diablo Negro

Quote:

Imagine saying this 2 years ago, Mo would have sent someone to your house to kill you in your sleep. Of course they would probably be incompetent and killed the neighbor instead but anyway...….
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.