Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #5056
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I might argue that it's one of the tastiest cuts on a cow. Far too many people think "tender" means quality, and I simple don't agree. If I did, I'd eat hamburger!

So if you have teeth, I think that med-rare seared flank steak, cut across the grain at a 55-60-degree angle, is a winner every time.
I love me some seared med-rare flank but hate biting into a taco and having half of the meat come out. That's why I tried a slow cook and shred method. Apparently that doesn't work very well. Next time I'll try brisket.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #5057
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
I love me some seared med-rare flank but hate biting into a taco and having half of the meat come out. That's why I tried a slow cook and shred method. Apparently that doesn't work very well. Next time I'll try brisket.
Do a port butt! Make in an Eastern Carolina vinegar sauce and you'll be happy!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #5058
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Doing flank steak tacos I cut them in 1/2 in. cubes. Flank steak strips could be difficult to eat in a taco. I still enjoy the flat iron steak myself.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #5059
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Do a port butt!
This.

Quote:
Make in an Eastern Carolina vinegar sauce and you'll be happy!
Not this.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #5060
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post

Not this.
You must be new to eating....
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #5061
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
You must be new to eating....
Apparently he was a judge and didn't like any of it. I think it's good BBQ myself.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #5062
Most Valuable Villain

So what are some places that I should check out in KC? I've heard Q39.....any place else? The wife and I will be up there for 4 days and she's never had KC BBQ.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #5063
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
So what are some places that I should check out in KC? I've heard Q39.....any place else? The wife and I will be up there for 4 days and she's never had KC BBQ.
When I go, Gates is a must stop for me. Next time when I'm there, it's burnt ends at Oklahoma Joe's.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #5064
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
Yeah, I add hot sauce to mine but it's not the same. Very pleased with this. I'm admittedly an amateur compared to you guys, so I'm easily pleased. Lol
powdered cayenne beats Tabasco in some applications. Same heat source without the vinegar. Sprinkle it like salt and pepper on individual portions and give it a few seconds while hot to release the oils.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:01 PM   #5065
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
There is no better carrot than a roasted, mushy carrot. :harrumph:
As an infant, I apparently LOOOOOVED carrots in baby food form. But as a wee-lad, I HAAAATED cooked carrots. But then, I LOOOOOOVED raw carrots.

My family still makes fun of me today because I once cried up a storm when we were planting carrots in the garden. When they asked me what was wrong, I exclaimed 'Grandma's gonna put cook on them!!'
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #5066
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
When I go, Gates is a must stop for me. Next time when I'm there, it's burnt ends at Oklahoma Joe's.
Jackstack Railhouse is great for setting and ribs. Not the greatest sauces, and IMO cheesy corn is overrated. But it mixes the ideas of being an institution, being slightly upscale, carefully preparing your plate, but not being nouveau or pretentious. Think the dining room of a hunting lodge for fat white capitalists with cigars [except no actual cigars].

OK Joe's is now Joe's Kansas City. Burnt Ends, Brisket, Smoked Sausage and of course the Z-Man are standouts. But the real star is Night of the Living Sauce. It's not the HOTTEST sauce on earth, but it's legit warm and the ****ing best tasting hot BBQ on EARTH.

Arthur Bryants is a mandatory visit for a novice. A throwback to the origins of why KC BBQ is what it is. No muss, no fuss. Good blue collar BBQ lunch. Nothing is gonna leap out as a signature innovation, but it's the Small Block Chevy V-8 of KC BBQ.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #5067
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Jackstack Railhouse is great for setting and ribs. Not the greatest sauces, and IMO cheesy corn is overrated. But it mixes the ideas of being an institution, being slightly upscale, carefully preparing your plate, but not being nouveau or pretentious. Think the dining room of a hunting lodge for fat white capitalists with cigars [except no actual cigars].

OK Joe's is now Joe's Kansas City. Burnt Ends, Brisket, Smoked Sausage and of course the Z-Man are standouts. But the real star is Night of the Living Sauce. It's not the HOTTEST sauce on earth, but it's legit warm and the ****ing best tasting hot BBQ on EARTH.

Arthur Bryants is a mandatory visit for a novice. A throwback to the origins of why KC BBQ is what it is. No muss, no fuss. Good blue collar BBQ lunch. Nothing is gonna leap out as a signature innovation, but it's the Small Block Chevy V-8 of KC BBQ.
And Gates?

Old 05-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #5068
**** you, you cretin.

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

I know Gates has like 3 different kinds of sauces. Is there only kind of Night of the Living sauce?

Old 05-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #5069
Supporter

Quote:
I know Gates has like 3 different kinds of sauces. Is there only kind of Night of Living sauce?

NofLS is one kind of [OK] Joe's [KC] sauce. I'm also familiar with Joe's Original and Cowtown. Think of it like ONE of Gates' three sauces. Seems like there might be more, but DILLIGAF?

Old 05-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #5070
Supporter

Quote:
And Gates?
Gates is fine, but if I were picking 3 FOR NOVICE, I'd stick with my choices. Gives a good diverse overview of not only the different strengths of the food, but the different styles of presentation.

IMO Gates is good, but doesn't do anything Joe's KC does better.

Only thing I might add to round it out, is Zardas just for beans, but you can pick that up at Sam's Club.

Closed Thread