Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #5041
Cast Iron Jedi

Pfft. That ain't chili, it's got beans in it.

J/k. How'd you make it?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #5042
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Pfft. That ain't chili, it's got beans in it.

J/k. How'd you make it?
Ground Turkey, ground sirloin, chili beans, kidney beans, Pinto beans, celery, onion, green and yellow peppers, with some chili powder, ground coriander, cumin, and garlic. Couldn't add Cayenne peeper because the wife hates anything spicy. Which sucks for me.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #5043

We'll eat it for days. Loaded baked potatoes, burgers, dogs, and of course in a bowl with green onion, cheese, and some crushed up Club crackers.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #5044
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
We'll eat it for days. Loaded baked potatoes, burgers, dogs, and of course in a bowl with green onion, cheese, and some crushed up Club crackers.

Chili. Burgers. FTW.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #5045
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Couldn't add Cayenne peeper because the wife hates anything spicy. Which sucks for me.

I have to do the same thing. Sucks.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #5046

Quote:
I have to do the same thing. Sucks.
Yeah, I add hot sauce to mine but it's not the same. Very pleased with this. I'm admittedly an amateur compared to you guys, so I'm easily pleased. Lol

Old 05-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #5047
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
I wish I had gotten some pics but this weekend I threw some flank steak in an oven with some red onion, chipotles in adobo, jalapenos, garlic, lime juice, tad bit of beef broth, and southwest spices. Let that cook at around 200 for about 5 hours then shredded it. Took everything from the pot, liquefied it in the blender and added it back to the meat.

The flavor was great but the texture was disappointing. Chewy. I'm curious if I cooked it too long, not enough, or if flank steak is just too stringy to be tender when shredded. I've had perfect texture on brisket, but that was sliced (against the grain) rather than pulled apart. I'd experiment with it but flank steak costs almost as much as fuggin ribeye these days.
The only way I've ever had decent luck with flank is in the crock pot.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #5048
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Yeah, I add hot sauce to mine but it's not the same. Very pleased with this. I'm admittedly an amateur compared to you guys, so I'm easily pleased. Lol

I love chili, but rarely go all out and make my own. Yeas ago, I bought one of those 2-alarm chili kits - the one where they package all the ingredients separately and you add beef, tomato sauce, and optionally diced tomatoes and beans. I measured all the ingredients and I do that more often than not. Mine is pretty tasty, using better ingredients and homemade chili powder.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #5049
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Mushy carrots?
No, I roasted them in the oven because the roast was big and there would not be room for them with the potatoes. The carrots would have been mushy if I had PC'd them. The carrots were done but still held their texture. They were actually better this way.

I always brown the roast, then pressure cook it until almost done, open it to add the veggies, then pressure cook for another 10 minutes to cook those.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #5050
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
True story, growing up we use to mix cheap chili from Save-U-Foods with top ramen noodles.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #5051
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
No, I roasted them in the oven because the roast was big and there would not be room for them with the potatoes. The carrots would have been mushy if I had PC'd them. The carrots were done but still held their texture. They were actually better this way.

I always brown the roast, then pressure cook it until almost done, open it to add the veggies, then pressure cook for another 10 minutes to cook those.

There is no better carrot than a roasted, mushy carrot. :harrumph:

Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 AM   #5052
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
Who here has tried fiddle heads? I follow a ton of chefs on my Instagram and these are becoming very popular on my feed.
Yep - they're tasty. I've had them in salads, especially a beet salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
FWIW I'm making the wife shrimp étouffée tonight with scallops. What are you guys making for your significant other/mother.
Not on Mother's Day (cause the fiance isn't a mother), but the night before I made skillet seared honey garlic shrimp with roasted broccoli & cauliflower and an Asian red & green cabbage slaw.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation

Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #5053
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
How long did you cook it?
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:03 AM   #5054
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Flank steak can be delicious marinated and then grilled to medium-medium rare.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation

Old 05-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #5055
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
Flank steak can be delicious marinated and then grilled to medium-medium rare.
I might argue that it's one of the tastiest cuts on a cow. Far too many people think "tender" means quality, and I simple don't agree. If I did, I'd eat hamburger!

So if you have teeth, I think that med-rare seared flank steak, cut across the grain at a 55-60-degree angle, is a winner every time.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread