Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #48796
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
70% is disappointing compared to the others, but the cost and logistics will likely push it to be the most widely-distributed vaccine in the end. If we can get vaccination rates high, it'll still make a huge difference.
I wouldn't come to any conclusions on the AZ trial. Let them do a reboot and test the efficacy of their half dose implementation. It was a sss the first time but did show near 90% effectiveness. It could be that it ends up around 70% after all is said and done, but I'd recommend withholding judgment.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #48797
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
I wouldn't come to any conclusions on the AZ trial. Let them do a reboot and test the efficacy of their half dose implementation. It was a sss the first time but did show near 90% effectiveness. It could be that it ends up around 70% after all is said and done, but I'd recommend withholding judgment.
I'll be curious to see how they roll it out. I THINK they'll have to stick with the two-full-dose approach for now while they re-test the half plus full approach, but I'm not entirely sure how that all works.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #48798
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
There's a lot to digest: 53 pages for the FDA-supplied document and 90+ pages for the Pfizer-supplied document.

I'm not even going to pretend I understand all of it. I haven't read it super thoroughly. Mostly skimming.

Has anyone seen anything in there that sticks out as a major issue? I didn't see anything too alarming.
The penis shrinkage referenced on page 18 was a bit concerning.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #48799
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
The penis shrinkage referenced on page 18 was a bit concerning.

Meh. I have several inches to spare.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #48800
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Meh. I have several inches to spare.
Not this caucasian
Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.Great8 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #48801
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

They're vaxxing up in the UK now. Pfizer is the flavor of the day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/europ...ntl/index.html - Warning - annoying voice advertising in the link.

Margaret Keenan, age 90, is the Alpha Vaxxer, and nurse May Parsons has an early lead in the "most vaccinations given" scorecard.

Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #48802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8 View Post
Not this caucasian
He's one of those there Martians waiting to be reveal himself.....
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #48803
Supporter

Supposedly Kansas will get their first shipment of the vaccine next Wednesday.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:47 PM   #48804

Hopefully next month we can start treating this as more of a shitty flu season as numbers should start to fall rapidly in regards to deaths and hospitalizations. Open shit up, no mask, hold all events.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #48805
Veteran

Quote:
Hopefully next month we can start treating this as more of a shitty flu season as numbers should start to fall rapidly in regards to deaths and hospitalizations. Open shit up, no mask, hold all events.
I thought I read that vaccinations for the general population without risk factors wouldn't start until 5/1. I think we will be back to more of a normal by this summer but probably not next month, unfortunately. The production and distribution will determine how fast we can get back to normal.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #48806

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
I thought I read that vaccinations for the general population without risk factors wouldn't start until 5/1. I think we will be back to more of a normal by this summer but probably not next month, unfortunately. The production and distribution will determine how fast we can get back to normal.
I believe a lot of the severe cases are from people in nursing homes (deaths/hospitalizations). Once those people are vaccinated then we can start talking about getting carried away with "cases" IMO. Especially combined with the fact that probably 1/3 to 1/2 the population will have likely had the virus by Feb.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:56 PM   #48807
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Dream on, that would be a great thing but I live in reality.

The scientists best case scenario is May/June to a return of anything that was "normal".
The worst of this whole shitshow is still to come, which the scientists are telling us will be 2 weeks after Christmas unless we change our behavior.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:02 PM   #48808
In Search of a Life

Yeah, I would guess by March, we start seeing the impacts of the vaccines and natural immunity. Maybe February?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:02 PM   #48809

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Dream on, that would be a great thing but I live in reality.

The scientists best case scenario is May/June to a return of anything that was "normal".
The worst of this whole shitshow is still to come, which the scientists are telling us will be 2 weeks after Christmas unless we change our behavior.
It's going to just depend on where you live. I think locally by Feb shit will be in the process of returning to normal.

Worldwide. who the hell knows.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #48810
Kind of a mod

Quote:
It's going to just depend on where you live. I think locally by Feb shit will be in the process of returning to normal.

Worldwide. who the hell knows.
I do think that, if we can get nursing homes and healthcare workers taken care of, we'll see death rates plummet. Add independently-living seniors, and things will start to look pretty good.

I still think you'll see SOME restrictions for a while, but they can definitely start loosening up in a couple months.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote