Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #47071
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Heard the vaccine is only going to be effective for a short window (3 months) so welcome to quarterly Rona shots
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #47072
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
What do you mean get it twice? PCR test +?
Yes. There was someone who had 2 positive tests a couple months apart if I remember correctly.

Asymptomatic the first time. Mild symptoms the second.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #47073
Generational Player

Quote:
Yes. There was someone who had 2 positive tests a couple months apart if I remember correctly.

Asymptomatic the first time. Mild symptoms the second.
I can't speak to that person but we do know that people are infectious for 5 days or so and can test positive months afterwards as the PCR tests can pick up fragments of virus.

The PCR tests are run at so many cycles that up to 90% of the positives are not actually infectious according to the NY Times.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #47074
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Do you think the music scene will eventually recover?

We've lost a few well-known venues over the last few weeks. Things are looking bleak for people that do this for a living. My gig is only part-time so it's more just frustrating to me not being able to play but I've got a buddy that is doing construction work and things aren't looking good.
I feel it will come back in time but the venue landscape may look a lot different. The speculation here (Chicago) is that 90% of existing music venues will be forced to close without the Heroes Act passing.

And who knows, maybe all of this will help spawn something new and exciting that will thrive. That's my hope anyway.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #47075
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well then...

So, since there is no safe live music and I cannot earn in either performing or in production, I've been working on a buddy's crew rehabbing and painting houses.

Today we started on a lady's house in Leawood. We wear masks when in contact with the client but not around each other as my buddy rents a room in my house and we're around each other all the time. This client did not wear a mask around us at all, all day long, and was frequently in close quarters with us.

Tonight we got an email from her. Apparently, she'd been not feeling well for the last week or so and so she had gotten a Covid test. It came back today, after we left.

Positive.

How considerate of her. I guess we're just the help, so who cares, right?

**** ME.
Thats BS. We are 9 months in this shitshow. You get flu like symptoms, stay the **** away from your workers or strangers. Maybe its only seasonal flu, maybe not. Everyone should treat it as Covid until the negative tests come back.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #47076
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Thats BS. We are 9 months in this shitshow. You get flu like symptoms, stay the **** away from your workers or strangers. Maybe its only seasonal flu, maybe not. Everyone should treat it as Covid until the negative tests come back.
It's unfortunate that the focus wasn't "If you're sick, stay home."

CDC telling people they could break quarantine to vote was
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #47077
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
It's unfortunate that the focus wasn't "If you're sick, stay home."

CDC telling people they could break quarantine to vote was

She WAS home. It was in her home.

She was just being really inconsiderate by not telling the painters.

Last edited by loochy; 11-18-2020 at 09:10 AM..
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:26 AM   #47078
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Talked to Mom yesterday and she’s on lockdown because she rode In the car with my sister who then came down with the Rona. She doesn’t have any symptoms, so fingers crossed. She’s 82.
Hopefully your mom did not get and if she did, I hope it's a very mild case. Thoughts and prayers. Both my parents had it (although they are much younger), so I kind of know the feeling.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:42 AM   #47079
Starter

Quote:
Heard the vaccine is only going to be effective for a short window (3 months) so welcome to quarterly Rona shots
Sorry but false
ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefsHawk must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #47080
In Search of a Life

Getting it twice is extremely rare

Enough that I wouldn’t worry about it
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #47081
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Getting it twice is extremely rare

Enough that I wouldn’t worry about it
The number of people being infected twice is so minuscule that it's basically a rounding error. There are so few documented cases from around the world that it's not worth worrying about at all.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #47082
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The number of people being infected twice is so minuscule that it's basically a rounding error. There are so few documented cases from around the world that it's not worth worrying about at all.
This
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #47083
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
the internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
websites
Quote:
And from what I understand it isn't that you got infected twice but that you had a "persistent infection". So you never really got rid of it to begin with. But who knows? Lewdog had it twice but he is a weird ****er as it is.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #47084
Life is changing..

Quote:
I've looked all over and found nothing that says anything about this.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #47085
Supporter

Quote:
I've looked all over and found nothing that says anything about this.
I've heard you have to get two does of the vaccine and I think they are about 3 months apart so maybe that's what he is referring too???
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.