Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:16 AM   #46681
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
That nonsense... got it. Yes, it's true. I have a cool job that requires travel and I have a family of 5. Three kids involved in sports (club, etc) over the years and sometimes we go on trips rather than just sitting at home all the time.

The last time I recall watching every single game live was in my single days or when the kids were really young. I wasn't able to watch every game live back in the Manning years. Hell, I missed the MNF opener in 2013 against the Ravens because I was coaching my daughter's volleyball game. It was on a small screen about 3 courts away and drove me crazy trying to catch the action while running practice.

You want to point to that one game about 4-5 years ago (think it was Houston) when I said I didn't watch it because I was in Barcelona. Oh the horror.

Hey, if some of you guys have no other commitments and can watch every game every week, more power to you.

Suggesting that I conveniently only watch the good games ... well, you kids have fun with that little narrative.
Not nonsense at all. Can't tell u how many times I've commented about where you were after a Donko loss, and you said you missed the game and was out of town (with your kids, I think most of the time). What IS nonsense is that you're denying it. I'm sure Pasta will remember also... Yeah, you got a cool job, but facts are facts. And either way, it's no big deal. Watching football is just a part of one's life, lots of things are more important.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 08-24-2022, 11:25 AM   #46682
MVP

With the Media fawning over Walton's new acquisition...and the hiring of an "offensive-minded" coach...they never even entertained the idea that the Donks could actually end up being worse.

Like has been pointed out, Wilson is barely above .500 over the past season and a half. The roster is so paper-thin that they refuse risking their starters...even though it's an entirely new scheme on both sides of the ball.

That pre-season game was another level of unpreparedness...I cant be alone in thinking this doesnt only apply to the 2nd string. You cant be this inept on one hand...then amazingly organized and efficient on the other.

You really dont want to see your new HC publicly apologizing after only his second pre-season game...for being historically terrible.

Everyone shit on old man Fangio...but what if he was actually masking some real issues?

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-24-2022 at 11:44 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:00 PM   #46683
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Not nonsense at all. Can't tell u how many times I've commented about where you were after a Donko loss, and you said you missed the game and was out of town (with your kids, I think most of the time). What IS nonsense is that you're denying it. I'm sure Pasta will remember also... Yeah, you got a cool job, but facts are facts. And either way, it's no big deal. Watching football is just a part of one's life, lots of things are more important.
You guys stick with the weirdest shit... as I've said, I've missed plenty of live wins and losses.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:23 PM   #46684
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
You guys stick with the weirdest shit... as I've said, I've missed plenty of live wins and losses.
Naw, just the losses... I don't blame you. I wouldn't have watched Denver either the past 6 years...
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 08-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #46685
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
WThe roster is so paper-thin that they refuse risking their starters...
Part of the reason their offensive roster is so paper-thin is because they're WR's are literally made of paper...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:42 PM   #46686
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Is there a good pick 6?

I'm fine with saying he finished the season he got "figured out" at 6-2 with 14 TDs and 4 INTs.
Again, how many QBs wouldn’t have a solid record if their D allowed 15 ppg?

He went from putting up huge numbers in the first half of 2020 to slightly better than Bridgewater in the second half. His TDs and yardage fell off a cliff. And he was embarrassingly bad in the playoffs. Then again, you’d probably be overjoyed to just reach the playoffs.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:45 PM   #46687
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Part of the reason their offensive roster is so paper-thin is because they're WR's are literally made of paper...
It doesnt help that they traded away Fant and Miller...and now Albert O seems to be on the bubble.

Patrick went down...could this be the first time Jeudy and Sutton last an entire season together? They produced all of 2 TDs in 27 combined games last year.

I think the mouthpieces just assumed Hackett was going to have them "firing on all cylinders" out of the gate....and the mere presence of Wilson would fix everything.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:50 PM   #46688
MVP

Quote:
With the Media fawning over Walton's new acquisition...and the hiring of an "offensive-minded" coach...they never even entertained the idea that the Donks could actually end up being worse.

Like has been pointed out, Wilson is barely above .500 over the past season and a half. The roster is so paper-thin that they refuse risking their starters...even though it's an entirely new scheme on both sides of the ball.

That pre-season game was another level of unpreparedness...I cant be alone in thinking this doesnt only apply to the 2nd string. You cant be this inept on one hand...then amazingly organized and efficient on the other.

You really dont want to see your new HC publicly apologizing after only his second pre-season game...for being historically terrible.

Everyone shit on old man Fangio...but what if he was actually masking some real issues?
I think it’s perfectly reasonable to suggest that they could take a step back defensively (and their defense was overrated last year). Fangio definitely masked some issues.

It’s also reasonable to suggest that their coaching staff will most likely get outcoached by Reid and other top coaches.

The offense is likely better, but how much better? They upgraded at QB but lost two of their top 3 receiving weapons, without adding anyone of note.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:00 PM   #46689
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post

The offense is likely better, but how much better? They upgraded at QB but lost two of their top 3 receiving weapons, without adding anyone of note.
The media just glosses over these real roster deficiencies...like they dont exist.

Wilson isnt Rodgers...he isn't going to turn some #4 WR into a household name.

This Donk experiment is definitely interesting... as it flies in the face of everything I've observed in 40+ years of watching football.

New QB (expensive), new scheme, unproven coaching, trading away current and future assets from an already sub-standard roster...hoping and praying your skill positions do something they haven't so far. Ignoring your poor pass-protecting OL...while acquiring an aging QB...who's previous success was predicated on buying time.

I view the sum of all these maneuvers having about a 10% chance of success....the Manning thing worked because they didn't have to give up 7 players. This Denver team is in much worse shape too...

That pre-season game answered a lot questions about the new coaching staff...IMO. It's going to take more than a few weeks of training camp to get this team up and running...if it ever does.

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-24-2022 at 01:19 PM..
Old 08-24-2022, 01:04 PM   #46690
#triggering

Quote:
It doesnt help that they traded away Fant and Miller...and now Albert O seems to be on the bubble.

Patrick went down...could this be the first time Jeudy and Sutton last an entire season together? They produced all of 2 TDs in 27 combined games last year.

I think the mouthpieces just assumed Hackett was going to have them "firing on all cylinders" out of the gate....and the mere presence of Wilson would fix everything.
I didn't like having Fant in the package, but it is what it is. They drafted Dulich and he had a minor injury early in camp, but has all the tools to be a solid replacement. I've never really thought too much of Albert O, so we'll see what happens with him - Dulich is the guy they need to get on the field.

I hate that Patrick got hurt... Sutton, Jeudy and Hamler need to stay off the injury reports, bottom line.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:20 PM   #46691
MVP

Albert O has all the potential in the world but bad luck seems to follow that guy everywhere.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:46 PM   #46692
MVP

Quote:
I didn't like having Fant in the package, but it is what it is. They drafted Dulich and he had a minor injury early in camp, but has all the tools to be a solid replacement. I've never really thought too much of Albert O, so we'll see what happens with him - Dulich is the guy they need to get on the field.

I hate that Patrick got hurt... Sutton, Jeudy and Hamler need to stay off the injury reports, bottom line.
If the media wasn't, uniformly and unrealistically, hyping the living shit out of your team...I wouldn't be paying that close of attention.

The same thing with that Raiders team...the universal consensus came out of nowhere..with nothing factual to back it up. I called it out before their miracle season even began...that something was definitely "off".

I can understand hyping the Chargers...they have a great young QB and a top 10 roster. They warrant some optimism...

Conversely the Donks had no pro-bowlers and only one player, Wilson, in CBS' top 100...

If they were saying...the Donks might be improved and in the WC hunt...I'd be OK with that measured assessment. The "they might win the AFCW" and Vegas' 6th best overall team is complete media fantasy...so something is "off" and all the talking heads are repeating it...like they were handed a script from their producers.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:11 PM   #46693
SuperChiefs

Quote:
The media just glosses over these real roster deficiencies...like they dont exist.

Wilson isnt Rodgers...he isn't going to turn some #4 WR into a household name.

This Donk experiment is definitely interesting... as it flies in the face of everything I've observed in 40+ years of watching football.

New QB (expensive), new scheme, unproven coaching, trading away current and future assets from an already sub-standard roster...hoping and praying your skill positions do something they haven't so far. Ignoring your poor pass-protecting OL...while acquiring an aging QB...who's previous success was predicated on buying time.

I view the sum of all these maneuvers having about a 10% chance of success....the Manning thing worked because they didn't have to give up 7 players. This Denver team is in much worse shape too...

That pre-season game answered a lot questions about the new coaching staff...IMO. It's going to take more than a few weeks of training camp to get this team up and running...if it ever does.
10/10 would recommend this post!
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #46694
No Keys, No Problem

I think the Broncos are gonna suck so bad this year.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #46695
MVP

My "owl on the branch' assessment of why this is happening...and the disingenuous media front stems from the sale of the team.

Your spoiled/entitled football brat owners put the team up for sale...Walton buying your team didn't happen overnight. Patton was still at their beckon call...he worked for them.

I think part of the negotiation was contingent on bringing in a "name brand" QB....they tried for Rodgers and he ultimately balked. Then you see Wilson in Goodell's SB suite...one months later, he's traded to the Donks. Three months later...Walton buys them for a record amount.

This was, IMO, the reason for the crazy-ass deal...Patton was doing as he was instructed...and Seattle took them to the cleaners. It wasn't a "football" move per se...it was facilitated as part of the sale. To make the team more appealing to a non-football business man like Walton (he cant even pronounce the commissioners name...think about that). The previous owners just clowned your entire fan-base....they got a record 4.6 billion and rode off into the sunset.

They've deliberately hamstrung your franchise for a few years...but what do they care. Goodell want's ownership stability...and high profile billionaires to pimp his "global brand".

Now Goodell/NFL corporate is disingenuously trying to over-hype the transaction...and have given the mouthpiece delivery boys their narrative for the off-season. Kind of a "soft cover up". They want the fans to see this as a good "football move" thing...all the while it was really done solely for business purposes and to jack up the asking price.

Now...we'll see if this manufactured pre-season hype filters into actual games/officiating ...inventing a success story for the new owner.

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-24-2022 at 02:34 PM..